Why no room switching?

I have, several times in my cruising career, switched rooms within the same category. It has never been a problem before (though notably I haven't had to do it in a few years). This time, I was told that even though I was switching within the same category I could not do it without paying the new fare. Why? If it is the same room category on the same deck what difference does it make?

I have, several times in my cruising career, switched rooms within the same category. It has never been a problem before (though notably I haven't had to do it in a few years). This time, I was told that even though I was switching within the same category I could not do it without paying the new fare. Why? If it is the same room category on the same deck what difference does it make?

call crown and anchor and ask again assuming you dont have a ta

I just did a switch within the same category last week, with no changes in fare or perks.

I'm hoping that this is not a change in policy. There was also another thread that was reporting that you can no longer search for a soecific room on the website any longer. Strange things happening.

What are the two cabins? It must be the IDENTICAL category.

For example, not just D. D1 to D1, D2 to D2, D3 to D3.

I just switched my Brilliance sailing, but I knew what was open and direct the agent to my 1st choice with no issue! No additional payment and actually posted here what I just released along with some very awesome cabins still open.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

This would in no way, benefit RCCL in anyway, by not allowing cabin switches within the exact same category. Does not make sense. Will only tick the customer off.

Nothing to do with revenue as they have the traded in cabin to sell at a higher price.

As suggested, call C&A or your TA

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

I have never had that happen. Just switched suites on Sunday on an upcoming cruise when the GS I really wanted became available. The price difference between the current price and what I paid is huge! Didn't cost me a penny more to move to the other side of the ship.

I'm hoping that this is not a change in policy. There was also another thread that was reporting that you can no longer search for a soecific room on the website any longer. Strange things happening.

What policy? :confused:

I've not seen it in writing, but have experienced it many times over the past 10 years.

When you have the ability to make cabin changes repeatedly over the years without having your cruise repriced then yes I assume that it is a policy.

That is my point. Without a policy they can do whatever they want. They can say yes, they can say no. Since there is no policy, neither answer violates the policy, and changing the answer does not result in a change in policy.

So I ask again, what policy?

Edited by Cuizer2

That is my point. Without a policy they can do whatever they want. They can say yes, they can say no. Since there is no policy, neither answer violates the policy, and changing the answer does not result in a change in policy.

So I ask again, what policy?

Whether we see a written policy or not, it really does not matter. If it was written, there would be a "can change without notice" disclaimer.

They ended up doing it, but they called it a "courtesy". There were other issues with my booking (I booked onboard and it wasn't really done properly) so once I spoke to a supervisor they even gave me a new cabin on a different deck to appease me. However, I was thrown by the "if we let you switch-it would be a one time courtesy, you cannot change your room again without a change in fare even if in the same category". I was literally asking to be just a few cabins down from the original cabin. I was slated to be in the very last room in the back of the boat. Perhaps it was just the one associate that had it wrong since it was so easily fixed (beyond my expectations) by a supervisor?