Thank You HAL: Just saved me an additional $800.00 on our airfare

Lady Arwen

As our Oosterdam cruise was cancelled embarking in Barcelona and returning from Venice, we had to reschedule flights for our our Koningsdam cruise embarking from Rome and returning from Amsterdam. We researched flights and looked at British Airways as our preferred airline. The cost of the flight we wanted totalled over $2200.00 for both of us.

I called HAL reservations and they rebooked our flights to the ones we wanted. HAL's Flex Fare price is $1400.00 for both of us. No need to pay until cruise final payment in February. Went online and chose our seats for all flights...no charge. Just perfect flights!

Kudos to HAL for treating us so well! We're so excited to be on Koningsdam for 2 weeks this spring. We'll certainly be booking our next cruise with HAL.....exceptional service!

That is awesome! Hats off to HAL. I had no idea you could go and choose your own seats - if that is normal I may use them for airfare at some point! My main worry is getting stuck in a middle seat, away from my spouse, for a long flight!

Not all airlines will allow preallocation of seats when using the "flex fares" - some airlines do not allow seat selection until the reservation is ticketed. Flex fares are typically not ticketed until 45 days prior to departure. This is especially an issue if one wishes to purchase any sort of "premium" seating (exit rows, economy plus, etc)

That is awesome! Hats off to HAL. I had no idea you could go and choose your own seats - if that is normal I may use them for airfare at some point! My main worry is getting stuck in a middle seat, away from my spouse, for a long flight!
The last time we used HAL Fightease our seats were assigned about 35 days out. They were together and satisfactory, but we had the option to go the airline site and change them if we wanted to.

We too have saved alot of $$ booking flights thru the cruise line.

On one booked that way (on Delta) our commuter airline canceled all flights to the SE that afternoon. When I called Delta in a semi-panic :D I was informed the cruise line had a back-up flight ready for us. It flew from a different NY airport and they provided free transportation to the new airport.:D

When you are trying to book thru the cruise line know which flights you'd prefer when you call and they will do their best to accommodate. Also, you can go a few days early and/or stay a few days after the cruise to sight-see or vacation with no extra charge.

Edited by summersigh

When you are trying to book thru the cruise line know which flights you'd prefer when you call and they will do their best to accommodate.
When I called my first choice of flights was not available, so I was given another pair almost as good, on a different airline. It stayed that way for months, until about 35 days out when the reservation was ticketed - on my first choice flights! Edited by jtl513