Turkey Bacon on the Jewel??

suesings

Just so you know..."turkey bacon" is NOT BACON!

To help a little further I asked my friend Mr Wkipedia. His answer:-

"Turkey bacon is an imitation bacon usually prepared from smoked, chopped and reformed turkey, commonly marketed as a low-fat alternative to bacon."

I also do not eat pork for religious reasons.

To the OP. Have you ever had the chance to have beef bacon?

It is really good. More fatty than turkey but very tasty. It is very hard to find. Some Wal-marts carry it as I have family that can get it at one in AL but here in my area they do not. But if you ever get a chance give it a try.

I have had turkey sausage and it is very tasty. I prefer it over turkey bacon really.

+1 to those who noted that Turkey Bacon is not bacon...

Every time I see it on the shelf, I am reminded of a pleather biker jacket that I recently purchased for my daughter. Except now, they no longer call the material pleather, it's marketed as 'Vegan Leather'. :confused:

To help a little further I asked my friend Mr Wkipedia. His answer:-

"Turkey bacon is an imitation bacon usually prepared from smoked, chopped and reformed turkey, commonly marketed as a low-fat alternative to bacon."

And pork bacon is fatty, salted strips from the back and sides of a hog. Okay??? Not sure what that has to do with my original question, but okay....

I also do not eat pork for religious reasons.

To the OP. Have you ever had the chance to have beef bacon?

It is really good. More fatty than turkey but very tasty. It is very hard to find. Some Wal-marts carry it as I have family that can get it at one in AL but here in my area they do not. But if you ever get a chance give it a try.

I have had turkey sausage and it is very tasty. I prefer it over turkey bacon really.

Thanks for the polite note. I don't eat beef or pork anything :D

I have never missed cleaning that gloppy, gross pork fat off my pans. Turkey bacon gives off almost no fat. I have to use PAM just to keep it from sticking. Sounds like they have turkey sausage on board so that will be great.

Thanks!

Thanks for the polite note. I don't eat beef or pork anything :D

I have never missed cleaning that gloppy, gross pork fat off my pans. Turkey bacon gives off almost no fat. I have to use PAM just to keep it from sticking. Sounds like they have turkey sausage on board so that will be great.

Thanks!

Yeah I will be eating my share of turkey sausage as well.

I do agree that turkey bacon is extremely lean. Turkey sausage is not as lean but still more lean than pork or beef. Enjoy your cruise!!!