Which Riviera Norovirus cruises received 25% off

oceansandseas

-

Could someone please tell me which Riviera Norovirus cruises in February 2016 received a 25% discount on future 2017 cruises. Where there 2 or 3 of the cruises that received this discount. I believe it was for Caribbean 2017 on Riviera if booked before December 31, 2016. Is that correct? Has anyone booked using this and how did it turn out. Was it good for a B2B?

DH wants to go again. I threw our letter out as I had been sick with norovirus, quarantined for 5 days, and at that time, I was NEVER going to cruise again.

Thanks

-

Because there were multiple offers, from December-February, your offer may be different than others. Some were on Riviera/Caribbean only, some were not (as well as percentage differences). I would call O with your loyalty past cruiser number, and have them tell you the percentage and restrictions on yours. Or have your TA do it for you. Should be an easy question/answer.

We were on the March 3 Mayan Mystique on Riviera and got the 25% off offer for a 2016-17 Caribbean cruise on Riviera. We had not planned on going on a cruise in 2017, but right before Memorial Day we got an email with an offer to get a category upgrade if we booked by Memorial Day. So, we thought, hmmm, 25% off and a category upgrade? Book it. Called our TA. We were not the only people who had the same thought. Oceania would not let us combine the 25% and the category upgrade (even though there was nothing in the 25% offer that says it couldn't be combined with another offer), but our TA got us a great deal and we are booked on the February 24 cruise. Fingers crossed that norovirus does not rear its ugly head again.

We were on the March 3 Mayan Mystique on Riviera and got the 25% off offer for a 2016-17 Caribbean cruise on Riviera. We had not planned on going on a cruise in 2017, but right before Memorial Day we got an email with an offer to get a category upgrade if we booked by Memorial Day. So, we thought, hmmm, 25% off and a category upgrade? Book it. Called our TA. We were not the only people who had the same thought. Oceania would not let us combine the 25% and the category upgrade (even though there was nothing in the 25% offer that says it couldn't be combined with another offer), but our TA got us a great deal and we are booked on the February 24 cruise. Fingers crossed that norovirus does not rear its ugly head again.

If you still have the certificate, turn the letter over and get out a magnifying glass so you can read the itsy bitsy (less than 2 pt.) type at the bottom. That's where it says the discount is off the cruise only fare, doesn't include government taxes or fees and can't be combined with other offers.

I missed this the first time I read the letter because I saw no reason to turn it over and look at the back of the page. There was no asterisk referring to these terms in the letter itself.:(

was it the one that came back early that got the extra discount?

I read that several of the cruises that had the Noro got a deal but one was more liberal in time than the others

Maybe it is noted in your file at Oceania which offer you got

I read that several of the cruises that had the Noro got a deal but one was more liberal in time than the others

I am not sure which one(s) received more discount myself, however I found out when I called My TA after hearing about the future discount, as we were on a B2B in December that were both affected. She said said that O told her there were multiple offers and to receive mine, all they needed was my booking number/name or past cruising number. We did not receive a certificate or any communication from O (nor did my TA) about a discount (I read about it here), so I feel sorry for those that are not on CC, they may not have even heard of this. I did receive it in writing from my TA, and need to book on Riviera, for a Caribbean cruise for the 2016-2017 season (supposedly good until 12/17), but I haven't tried booking it yet. Since I did not receive a certificate, I have no fine print YET, but we will see.

The one that came back early(2 days) got a 25% discount for that cruise. Should have been more in my opinion. and a 25% discount on a future cruise. The future discount was 25% of the fare you paid for the 2/12 cruise, not what you were going to pay for the future cruise. We used the discount this summer with no problem.

Edited by RJB
extraword

The one that came back early(2 days) got a 25% discount for that cruise. Should have been more in my opinion. and a 25% discount on a future cruise. The future discount was 25% of the fare you paid for the 2/12 cruise, not what you were going to pay for the future cruise. We used the discount this summer with no problem.

Wasn't it also for any ship, not just the Riviera? Also any location, not just the Caribbean?

Yes I think that was the one cruise that was the exception to the other offers

I am not sure what the other offers were but we used our 2/12 cruise credit this past summer on Riviera in Europe. I think that part of it was fair for us. Can not speak for anyone else but we were the only cruise that came back early and missed a bunch of days.