Miami Port Hotels with Cruise Pkg

19feller

Downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge guests $25-30+/night to park :eek:, so you will be away from the port.

Only a few budget places out near the airport offer this - La Quinta East, Springhill Suites Medical Center and the MIA Airport Embassy Suites are often suggested. None includes a ride back to your car - figure on $25-30 for a taxi. None are in great areas where I would feel good about leaving my car for a week :( - do you feel lucky? :confused:

http://www.parksleepfly.com and http://www.stay123.com may give you some other options.

A better plan, IMHO, is to stay cheap outside of Miami (West Palm off of I-95 is only about 90 or so minutes from the port) and then park at the port; covered, convenient and secure - but costs $20/day.

Residence Inn ( airport) offers a package. No transportation back after cruise though. Cab is 25.00-30.00

We stayed last year and staying again this year! Our friends drive in from Fla., and they had no issue with car.

It is gated with a Marriott and Courtyard as part of the complex!

We are staying here in Dec. is it safe to leave your car here? Didn't realize that park and cruise. Thanks

Yes it's safe. It's a parking garage attached to the hotel. There is security and cameras. I have not heard of any issues there and I live in the neighborhood.

The package is bookable via the Hilton Honors app and the hotel website...you could check if it's available for your dates. Read the terms carefully, though. When I looked at it, it offered free parking for the night of your stay only plus discounted ($11 instead of $22) parking for the length of your cruise, and I think a shuttle to (but not returning from) the port. When I did the math, the rate difference (package was more expensive than a straight room discount via HH) plus the parking and taxi costs made the savings minimal compared to just driving to the port and parking in the garage there.

The package is bookable via the Hilton Honors app and the hotel website...you could check if it's available for your dates. Read the terms carefully, though. When I looked at it, it offered free parking for the night of your stay only plus discounted ($11 instead of $22) parking for the length of your cruise, and I think a shuttle to (but not returning from) the port. When I did the math, the rate difference (package was more expensive than a straight room discount via HH) plus the parking and taxi costs made the savings minimal compared to just driving to the port and parking in the garage there.

Thanks! I came to the same conclusion......

I haven't used a cruise package yet but do use park,sleep,fly packages a few times per year. My recent experience has been I'm better off ignoring the on-line park,sleep,fly sites or the hotel web site and calling the hotel or 800 number directly. On a recent trip a hotel that only allowed 7 nights of parking on line had no problem allowing me to park for three weeks when I called. For an upcoming trip I called the hotel directly and they gave me a room with parking for the regular room rate and not the park,sleep,fly rate.