sale time

LHT28

I could use this offer to save money, couldn't I?

If I had a particular category in mind, I could book the lower one for less money, and then get upgraded to the one I wanted anyway, and save a couple of hundred dollars. Right?:)

If I had a particular category in mind, I could book the lower one for less money, and then get upgraded to the one I wanted anyway, and save a couple of hundred dollars. Right?:)

if the cat is available & is within the rules of booking

Check with your TA or O for the details

with Oceania now you need a legal degree to read the fine print in their offers :D

Edited by LHT28

Lets see the cruise in the lowest cat was going for $2700 and now without air and a good agent you can get it for 1200-1300. Let me see, why yes that does appear to save money...your right. I make it a couple of THOUSAND not hundreds....

The upgrades are withing categories... not across the board as I understand and may be restricted to B and above However as Jim and Stan said your not going to get a PH by booking a B or A...

I called back today and have further clarification of the Labor Day Sale. Here's the offers: Book B3 to B1 upgrade to A3 to A1 in same numerical category; Book A3 to A1 upgrade to PH3 to PH1; included is airfare or the deduction if you book your own; free Internet; and one OLife Choice. I think the agent said you can book a C and upgrade to a B but not sure because we were not interesting in those categories. The PH deal was just too good of a deal to turn down so Happy Birthday to me!!:)

Carole

HawaiiDan

Would love to know your TA. In the world of Internet everyone is "local". And look at it this way, the more people who use him/her the better the deals he can offer. We are robandlil57 at yahoo dot com

Re the cc discussion, I agree with you, but would also submit that an spg card (Starwood/Sheraton) is excellent. Of course they give a bonus, and their miles don't expire and can be sent to the airline program of your choice. And, 20,000 miles sent to AA turns into 25,000 in AA as they give a bonus. Not so with United as they downgrade the spg points. We do all three cc's.

I haven't paid for a flight in years and we travel the world. We are new to Oceania and like what we see so far.

Your hotel card should be only used for Hotel and an airline card only for airlines... any other application is a rip. Starwood was purchased by Marriott... this summer and Thus a Marriott card is going to be the one to have the Business Marriott card comes with a 70,000 marriott bonus plus an annual free room cert. each of a couple need to get one each... not the same number and you bingo have 140,000 points and 2 nights

One trick to maximize miles is to use the UAL award accelerator where you can, even with a free ticket, buy back miles at 2 cents per mile 13,000 miles for $ 230 means you can recoup miles spent, for less than it cost you to earn them!!

I am with you on air and hotel I try and maintain 500,000 air and 200,000 hotel points

It pays off.... Tomorrow flying to Frankfurt and Zurich and Malta in first a $6750 one way ticket... that I got for spending $1140.00 in points and staying for 5 nights in europe pre cruise in Marriott, all on points worth 1200.00 So not bad about $8000 in stuff for $1140 spent ! There are NO free miles, they all cost you or someone.

Your getting shortchanged if you use any hotel card for anything but hotels. Likewise using an airline card for anything but flights.

Agree when paying for the specific thing...use DL for Delta...Starwood for for Starwood, Marriott for Marriott. But, redemptions...those seem to get tricky.

Agree when paying for the specific thing...use DL for Delta...Starwood for for Starwood, Marriott for Marriott. But, redemptions...those seem to get tricky.

its actualy an art to finaly figure out how to play this sometimes complex but HIGHLY profitable game. It pains me to see someone at the grocery pull out cash or write a check...all I can think is,"Oh, those wasted dollars could have given so many miles and points...what are they thinking"

Thanks to CC for explaining the current Labor Day Sale. At first, I didn't think it was worth the effort to call them (my TA is in Cuba w/o internet) but when I did, it was totally worth it.

Three category upgrade (pay for A2, get PH2) plus the standard goodies for our Oceania Club status, free internet and one OChoice. And that's before my TA gets back and adds his goodies. Happy Labor Day Indeed!

Well, we have our schedule completely booked up through next summer. I was considering an O cruise for next Fall. Wife says absolutely NOT. There are a couple of the current offered deals we would have loved to have jumped on, but we're booked with other cruises and doing different travels and can't (reasonably) change them around.

So my marching orders from the boss, is next Fall we are staying uncommitted and see what special deals may present them selves over Labor Day. Then be ready to jump quickly. As I told her, "there is no guarantee that any deals will reappear again next year!" She believes it worth taking the chance and see what may present itself. The Boss is always right! ;)