Why no Explore 4 on round trip Transatlantics?

albingirl

Maybe 'cause there ain't enough liquor in the world to last a bunch of HA Cruisers on a RT TA?

KenNMB

Volendam: NYC to Bermuda (1978)

Nieuw Amsterdam Seattle to Alaska (2007)

Noordam: Port Everglades TA to Rome (2014)

Zuiderdam: to Panama (partial) (2015)

Veendam: Port Everglades to Montreal (Spring 2016)

Zuiderdam: Quebec City to Port Everglades (Fall 2016)

hmmm.... can't recall seeing a short fall of drinking on our TA's :p:D

It's available on ours (but not a round trip) but in all honesty, not worth the price. We bought beverage cards instead ;)

We had the Explore4 promo on the Atlantic Adventurer in 2014, round trip, and made good use of it! Maybe that deterred them from offering it again....

LOL... Quite possibly! That was the sailing where we ran out of the house red wines before we even began the return TA.

We were on that sailing too, and just remember that alot of people weren't drinking. Seemed to be a more elderly passenger list, so maybe that had something to do with it? It was nice to be on a long cruise and not think about the cost of our beverages.:)

I hope this does not come up as a double post. Major internet problems today. I do not like Frontier communications at all.

Anyhow, if your cruise is longer than 30 days, the Explore 4 program is not offered. I learned this when my travel agent called HAL when I saw the program was offered on each leg of my upcoming cruise, but not on the complete roundtrip which I have booked. Bummer.

I hope this does not come up as a double post. Major internet problems today. I do not like Frontier communications at all.

Anyhow, if your cruise is longer than 30 days, the Explore 4 program is not offered. I learned this when my travel agent called HAL when I saw the program was offered on each leg of my upcoming cruise, but not on the complete roundtrip which I have booked. Bummer.

Thanks, I checked the 2 legs of the cruise, and they offer it on each leg, but not the whole cruise. And it is very expensive to book the 2 separately, rather than the single long one

In our experience, no cruise is like a Caribbean cruise when it comes to drinking.

Its very true. We took a NCL cruise last winter, and with the beverage package, we saw many people ordering painkillers in the morning. I've heard of day drinking but that was crazy!:eek:

We were booked on a sold out 22 night TA Oosterdam Tampa to Rome and back to Barcelona and HAL cancelled the cruise supposedly because there was a "greater demand" in Alaska. We then booked Westerdam TA FLL to Rome instead :)and talked HAL into sweetening the pot by giving us an Explore 4 Package at no extra cost. It pays to complain to the right people in charge.

Which cruise and when? I see where one-ways are Exp 4 compatible.

We took the Atlantic Adenture in October 2014. I am looking at the same in October 2017. Yes, you are correct. It does not apply to round trip, however. I find that odd.

LOL... Quite possibly! That was the sailing where we ran out of the house red wines before we even began the return TA.

I suspect that you and Ann had something to do with that, Lonny. :)

I'll again be on the Atlantic Adventure and try to maintain the tradition.

Bryan

Edited by saatuk