Price Reduction battle

cruisencrazy

We booked a BF guarantee on the Escape for September 17. We were already given our cabin assignment, a BB; same category, but higher up. The BF was discounted today to $150 less per person than we paid. I called NCL, and they said sorry, but the room we were given is more than we paid. I don't care about the BB. As long as we have the basic balcony we paid for, we are fine. Im not planning on spending the vacation in my room, but I do like to hear the water. Is this worth a fight?

there is nothing to argue over, you are within the cancellation window, i know you don't want to hear this but nothing is due to you. If the price went up would you be willing to kick in the extra too NCL?

That is the chances you take when you book a guarantee

Once you are past the final payment date, your price is locked in. You are not due anything, even though their explanation made it sound like you might have been had they out you in a BF.

My advice? Stop checking prices.

Once you are past the final payment date, your price is locked in. You are not due anything, even though their explanation made it sound like you might have been had they out you in a BF.

My advice? Stop checking prices.

I agree after final payment. It just sometimes lead to frustration if price goes down.

We booked a BF guarantee on the Escape for September 17. We were already given our cabin assignment, a BB; same category, but higher up. The BF was discounted today to $150 less per person than we paid. I called NCL, and they said sorry, but the room we were given is more than we paid. I don't care about the BB. As long as we have the basic balcony we paid for, we are fine. Im not planning on spending the vacation in my room, but I do like to hear the water. Is this worth a fight?

Not worth a fight since you'll lose. If you wanted a cabin closer to the water you should have booked a specific cabin rather than a guarantee. You've been assigned a cabin. If it's after final payment, then it's FINAL. If it's before final payment you could cancel and rebook.

Completely misunderstood how the pricing works. If I buy an airline ticket and Delta reduces the price, they will honor the new price. Holland America and Princess also work with you so that you are happy with the price you paid. I really don't care about the cabin, we didn't have an option to book a cabin. We didn't book the low guarantee rate, we just weren't that picky about the cabin. I ordered an expensive piece of clothing yesterday. When I looked up to see if it shipped yet, I noticed it was marked down. They gave me the new price, no questions asked. That's how customer service works. I am platinum with Norwegian and have never had this happen before. I usually book closer to the sailing date, so keeping these rules in mind, that is what I will do in the future. I also usually use a travel agent and this time booked on NCL's web site. Learned my lesson.

Did you ask if you gave up your BB cabin and went back to BF if they would give you the price drop? I can see them not giving the drop and leaving you in the higher category. Worth a try if you don't care where your balcony is. If you like your assignment then I think you're out of luck

Did you ask if you gave up your BB cabin and went back to BF if they would give you the price drop? I can see them not giving the drop and leaving you in the higher category. Worth a try if you don't care where your balcony is. If you like your assignment then I think you're out of luck

Offered to move to lower category. They said that if I hadn't been assigned a cabin, it would be different.

You actually booked a BF guarantee. That means you can only check prices for BF categories as that is the original category you booked in. You cannot check prices for what you have actually been assigned. The other problem with booking a guarantee is you agreed to take whatever they give you without question. Period!

Harriet

Nope.

You actually booked a BF guarantee. That means you can only check prices for BF categories as that is the original category you booked in. You cannot check prices for what you have actually been assigned. The other problem with booking a guarantee is you agreed to take whatever they give you without question. Period!

Harriet

To be clear I don't have any issue with the cabin we were assigned. I only checked the bf price. The change in price was large enough that it prompted me to make the call. If I had not yet received my cabin assignment, she said they could have done something. This is why I have the issue. The ironic part is that I've never received my cabin assignment this far out before.

To be clear I don't have any issue with the cabin we were assigned. I only checked the bf price. The change in price was large enough that it prompted me to make the call. If I had not yet received my cabin assignment, she said they could have done something. This is why I have the issue. The ironic part is that I've never received my cabin assignment this far out before.

That may be what she said, but that's likely just an excuse to give you. NCL GENERALLY does not give discounts after final payment, regardless of the situation. The only exception I have seen is if you book after final payment and the price drops within 24 hours after booking.

Completely misunderstood how the pricing works. If I buy an airline ticket and Delta reduces the price, they will honor the new price. Holland America and Princess also work with you so that you are happy with the price you paid. I really don't care about the cabin, we didn't have an option to book a cabin. We didn't book the low guarantee rate, we just weren't that picky about the cabin. I ordered an expensive piece of clothing yesterday. When I looked up to see if it shipped yet, I noticed it was marked down. They gave me the new price, no questions asked. That's how customer service works. I am platinum with Norwegian and have never had this happen before. I usually book closer to the sailing date, so keeping these rules in mind, that is what I will do in the future. I also usually use a travel agent and this time booked on NCL's web site. Learned my lesson.

Call back. If the price for a higher category is equal to or less than what you paid they will normally move you up, if you ask. This is true even after final payment date. You will not get any refund or reduction in fare but you might get a different cabin.

Edited by zqvol

I echo calling back and speaking to someone different. My case is different than yours, but I got something changed by talking to a new person.

I was booked in an IX, assigned to IA cabin. Our cabin price decreased $200; our PCC was not in the office, so I called the 800 #. The guy who answered said that since the IA price was $600 higher than IX, the price reduction would not work unless we cancelled and rebooked. I declined. Luckily, our PCC called me back and was able to make the adjustment. Granted, we haven't hit final payment yet, but long story short, it doesn't hurt to call and speak to another person/supervisor. They can only say no or offer you OBC for the price differential (I just read on another thread that the unofficial policy is 15% of the price difference). Can't hurt to try...

Edited by atomax