Diamond Lounge - one accompanying parent allowed ?

I have seen this in the concierge lounge on every cruise I've been on and it is just bad manners to ask.

One family even had breakfast in chops grille everyday without the suite guest and it was just allowed to happen, they were treated like any other suite guest.

I think it's awkward for RCI staff to manage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at it from a different angle.

Why would someone want to do this?

It's not to spend time together. Absolutely nothing prevents you all from spending 24/7 together almost anywhere on the ship.

The only reason to want to bring ineligible people into the lounge is to get them free drinks.

Royal Caribbean now offers the 3 nightly drink vouchers on the SeaPass cards, as several people have described in detail.

The eligible people can either use their vouchers for their own free drinks or share those with their non-Diamond friends, parents, next door neighbors, pets or general factotums.

The answer IS and SHOULD BE "no, and don't ask". They are not eligible.

I fully agree with this, with one Addition:

The only reason to want to bring ineligible people into the lounge is to get them free Drinks and boast your Status towards whoever you bring.

To the OP it´s quite simple, there is no such Thing as one guest each.

I agree. Where do they draw the line? What happens when they get multiple requests on the same cruise?

If they want to maintain the policy they very simply and politely say no. I don't see it as putting the concierge in a bad position. In fact, one should expect a no and be pleasantly surprised if otherwise. Some things a concierge can do, some they can not. They will let you know. When they get multiple requests they say no multiple times.

I know this may seem like the courteous thing to do, but I believe it puts the Concierge in a very uncomfortable position.

I have asked and received permission to bring guests on a least 4 RCCL cruises but had to put their drinks on my seapass card. Lounges were not crowded on those cruises. Would not ask if lounges were crowded.

I fully agree with this, with one Addition:

The only reason to want to bring ineligible people into the lounge is to get them free Drinks and boast your Status towards whoever you bring.

QUOTE]

Not true. They were C&A members but not diamond and were in 80/90 age range and we felt responsible. We PAID for their drinks, they did not drink free.

I think it's technically not allowed, although opinions vary. If I were you I'd just ask the concierge and see if they say it is OK. All they can do is say yes or no.

You are allowed to share your free drinks with anyone you choose since they are technically yours between those hours so if you do end up in another bar you could still split your 6 drinks among 4 people (OK not an even split, but...)

Tom

First of all why put the concierge in an uncomfortable position? Secondly each concierge has a list of who is allowed in the DL,CL and SL these days. You are asked for your seapass card upon entering the first night now. So again the answer is NO. ....K.O.:rolleyes:

If they want to maintain the policy they very simply and politely say no. I don't see it as putting the concierge in a bad position. In fact, one should expect a no and be pleasantly surprised if otherwise. Some things a concierge can do, some they can not. They will let you know. When they get multiple requests they say no multiple times.

Sorry but if you expect a no, why ask?

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Sorry but if you expect a no, why ask?

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Because sometimes with a combination of circumstances and politeness you may be pleasantly surprised with a yes to your question. If you don't ask, you won't know. I don't advocate being pushy, demanding, or rude about it. And if you are told no, accept it graciously. But merely asking, no harm. I have clients ask me for things all the time, often I say no, sometimes I am able to say yes, but in no case do I take it personally.

You are asked for your seapass card upon entering the first night now.

On our last 3 cruises we havnt been asked for our cards till at least the second night, when someone other than the DL concierge was manning the open door.

On our last 3 cruises we havnt been asked for our cards till at least the second night, when someone other than the DL concierge was manning the open door.
I think after the Concierge goes through his list, then remembers your face, your good. It amazes me how good some of the concierges are not only remembering your face, but also your name!....K.O.:)

We were on Freedom this past week. There were over 500 Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle on board. The Diamond Lounge was an absolute zoo. Many nights they had staff at the door turning people away because they were at capacity.

There was a sign on the door that clearly stated who was entitled to be in that lounge. If I was the parents of the original poster, there is no way that I would want to be in a lounge that I was obviously not allowed to be in. How embarrassing if they were asked to leave? Plus why would they want to be cheating to be in there?

OP you will have the three free drinks each on your sea pass card every evening. Go to any bar on the ship and enjoy your free drinks while spending time with your parents.

Does anyone know if there are limitations as to which types of drinks you can order with those vouchers . Can you order a martini .

Yes, there are limitations. Martini is OK. Frozen or blender drinks are not.

Here is an example:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47963885&postcount=12

I have asked and received permission to bring guests on a least 4 RCCL cruises but had to put their drinks on my seapass card. Lounges were not crowded on those cruises. Would not ask if lounges were crowded.

You've mentioned this before. How do you pay for drinks on your sea pass card in one of the C&A lounges?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

You've mentioned this before. How do you pay for drinks on your sea pass card in one of the C&A lounges?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

+1.

Good question. I don't see why they couldn't run a card through a POS machine. There are plenty around, especially if you are in an overflow lounge where they use service kitchens and bars for the drinks.