Sold out shore excursion

Miss Kellybean

Hi Friends,

I just saw that an excursion I was hoping to book for our November trip is now sold out. So, while I am hoping for someone to cancel, I was wondering if anyone had any deeper insight.

Do they happen to hold a certain number of slots for booking on-board or is the excursion truly sold out? I have no problem running to the desk as soon as we get on if this is a possibility.

Thanks!

It is a non- certified beginner dive and I can't find another operator that does them in Aruba besides the Carnival vendor.

Definitely going to try the second I get on the ship. May even do that before I get my first "Fun Ship" special!

http://www.viator.com has an Introductory Diving in Aruba for $102, that is listed as 3 to 4 hours. As well as a couple other diving excursions.

*Edit* Viator does a lot of excursions fro people at hotels. We have used them for cruise excursions a lot, but you should check with them if the time of the dive excursion will work for a cruise passenger.

I don't know how you feel about booking with someone other than the ship.

We go to Aruba a lot, some good friends have a time share there. I'm sure you'll love it.

Edited by Domino D

http://www.viator.com has an Introductory Diving in Aruba for $102, that is listed as 3 to 4 hours. As well as a couple other diving excursions.

*Edit* Viator does a lot of excursions fro people at hotels. We have used them for cruise excursions a lot, but you should check with them if the time of the dive excursion will work for a cruise passenger.

I don't know how you feel about booking with someone other than the ship.

We go to Aruba a lot, some good friends have a time share there. I'm sure you'll love it.

I rarely book with the ship which is why I have very little excursion experience. Typically, I try and find a private driver and get a good personal tour of new places but this seems too good to pass up! i will be on my honeymoon and my honey is a certified diver while I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Thanks so much for the heads up - I will look into them!

you can book it on board the ship. the first thing to do on embark day is go to the shore excursion desk and book it

Um, but she won't be able if it's sold out.

I've never heard of them holding back slots just for on-board booking. But I have seen people comment that they tried to book something onboard only to be told that it was sold out prior to embarkation day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Friends,

I just saw that an excursion I was hoping to book for our November trip is now sold out. So, while I am hoping for someone to cancel, I was wondering if anyone had any deeper insight.

Do they happen to hold a certain number of slots for booking on-board or is the excursion truly sold out? I have no problem running to the desk as soon as we get on if this is a possibility.

Thanks!

Hi Miss Kellybean,

I was looking at visitarubadotcom and see four scuba dive shops and they all offer a scuba "resort course". I haven't used any of them so wouldn't recommend any, but I am sure one of them might be able to help you out.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

Hi Miss Kellybean,

I was looking at visitarubadotcom and see four scuba dive shops and they all offer a scuba "resort course". I haven't used any of them so wouldn't recommend any, but I am sure one of them might be able to help you out.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

Unfortunately the timing just isn't right. We leave at 4 and the 3 hour resort dives all seem to leave at 1. Maybe I will just have to get certified and go book a cruise for next year.

Unfortunately the timing just isn't right. We leave at 4 and the 3 hour resort dives all seem to leave at 1. Maybe I will just have to get certified and go book a cruise for next year.

Hello Miss Kellybean

I would suggest just what you said. Getting your certification is a smart way to go. There are a lot of benefits to doing this. I am not sure what they teach you during the one day class but I do know that during certification courses they instruct you on all aspects of diving. (Dive tables, Nitrogen Narcosis, Buddy Breathing, Proper descent and ascent etc) I have been certified for over 30 years and there are a lot of considerations when diving.:) Most Dive Shops have an Introduction Course that usually is one evening with a little classroom and then off to the pool to try out the gear. Just my two cents.

After you board go to the excursion desk and ask if anyone canceled. Do this right up to the day of the excursion. People do sometimes cancel. We were shuffling ours around and canceled but then decided we really wanted it. Someone grabbed it right away.