Starbucks included in ultimate package?

nicky6425

Does the current Ultimate package allow for unlimited Starbucks now....or is that something added for the new package taking effect September 6th?

The current Ultimate package does not include any beverages from the Starbucks venues on Oasis, Allure, and Harmony.

We purchased the Ultimate package and will be sailing on 9/10. Will the Starbucks be included at that time, even if we purchased the package prior to the new effective date?

Yes it will. As you have purchased the Ultimate package it will automatically be upgraded to the Deluxe package when you are on board which will then allow you Starbucks providing there is a Starbucks onboard. Below is a paste of a FAQ from Royal.

Q For the Deluxe and Refreshment packages that offer premium coffee, does this include Starbucks?

A. In effort to make enjoying and relaxing easier for our guests, the premium coffee packages now

include offerings at the onboard Starbucks licensed stores (excluding non-coffee merchandise).

Regards.

Paul

PS You may want to consider cancelling your Ultimate package and taking out the Premium Package which should save you a few $$$$$ as the Premium package is going to be upgraded to deluxe as well However you MUST do it today

Yes it will. As you have purchased the Ultimate package it will automatically be upgraded to the Deluxe package when you are on board which will then allow you Starbucks providing there is a Starbucks onboard. Below is a paste of a FAQ from Royal.

Q For the Deluxe and Refreshment packages that offer premium coffee, does this include Starbucks?

A. In effort to make enjoying and relaxing easier for our guests, the premium coffee packages now

include offerings at the onboard Starbucks licensed stores (excluding non-coffee merchandise).

Regards.

Paul

PS You may want to consider cancelling your Ultimate package and taking out the Premium Package which should save you a few $$$$$ as the Premium package is going to be upgraded to deluxe as well However you MUST do it today

Thanks for the info.

Regards.

Paul

I did just that; canceling ULTIMATE and purchasing PREMIUM. It saved me about $16; not much, but that's $16 I can spend elsewhere.

I did just that; canceling ULTIMATE and purchasing PREMIUM. It saved me about $16; not much, but that's $16 I can spend elsewhere.

The now premium price includes gratuities so if it automatically upgrades to the deluxe package ($55 per day excluding gratuities), will you have to pay gratuities "again?"

The now premium price includes gratuities so if it automatically upgrades to the deluxe package ($55 per day excluding gratuities), will you have to pay gratuities "again?"

You would pay the gratuities on the difference in price.

You would pay the gratuities on the difference in price.

I'm not sure about that. From an explanation of the new packages. Note section "ii" below

"4. Will this change affect guests who purchased their beverage package on or before September 5th, 2016?

a. Yes, packages purchased prior to the announcement of this change will be automatically converted

as follows:

i. Select package will be honored as is until depleted.

ii. Premium packages will be upgraded to a Deluxe package at no additional charge.

iii. Ultimate Packages will convert to the deluxe package.

iv. Replenish packages will convert to the new refreshment package."

I'm not sure about that. From an explanation of the new packages. Note section "ii" below

"4. Will this change affect guests who purchased their beverage package on or before September 5th, 2016?

a. Yes, packages purchased prior to the announcement of this change will be automatically converted

as follows:

i. Select package will be honored as is until depleted.

ii. Premium packages will be upgraded to a Deluxe package at no additional charge.

iii. Ultimate Packages will convert to the deluxe package.

iv. Replenish packages will convert to the new refreshment package."

I agree, if it's a free upgrade, then no additional gratuities would be charged.

Maybe I misread the poster's question, but I thought they were asking about a paid upgrade.

I did it too. Total saved was about $80 for me and my husband

Excellent! I guess we'll all find out tomorrow or soon after the full details. Supposedly RC is going to send everyone an email explaining the changes. I'm glad to see that they will now include in the packages that have coffees, STARBUCKS from STARBUCKS store on OASIS class ships. I wish they would also include canned soda, rather than just fountain soda from the bars and filling the cup they give you from the machines on board. As long as the can is cold, I'm very happy with it; no need for ice, a glass, and no chance of broken glass.

The Ultimate is currently on sale for $46 and the Premium $44 (+ Gratuity) so if it was purchased during the sale there is only a small savings to change packages.

Hi! How did you go about this? I think I want to do this too. I bought Ultimate for Hubby and I several weeks ago for Dec sailing and I would like to cancel it and repurchase the Premium today. Can I do this online or do I need to call? If call, do they do the new purchase on the phone and you are refunded the difference? Thank you!

Hi! How did you go about this? I think I want to do this too. I bought Ultimate for Hubby and I several weeks ago for Dec sailing and I would like to cancel it and repurchase the Premium today. Can I do this online or do I need to call? If call, do they do the new purchase on the phone and you are refunded the difference? Thank you!

I'm pretty sure everything can be done online via the Cruise Planner. Cancel one, then order the other. Must be done before midnight.

Regards.

Paul

This is the BEST news I have heard in awhile! I easily spent ovet $50 on Starbucks on my last cruise on Oasis.

As far as we can tell now, it appears to be for all cruises, but we will know for sure in the coming days.

Bob,

Thank you. Just trying to decide if I should cancel my two premium packages for a 10 night cruise. i would save over $100.00 if this is correct. If I cancel and order Ultimate and no change and lose the 20% discount it'll cost me more in the long run.:confused:

I'm pretty sure everything can be done online via the Cruise Planner. Cancel one, then order the other. Must be done before midnight.

Ok, I did it. I talked to someone too. They certainly aren't encouraging this (cancel ultimate to buy premium today) but yes, it is legit but new purchase must be today indeed.

And due to the fact that on the phone she knew I was sailing from US, I feel that confirms that yes, this is for everyone. She even put me on hold to talk to someone else and came back and agreed that what I wanted to do would give me a refund and save me a bit of $ with Premium upgraded on board to new Deluxe. I joked that I am sure I will spend that savings on-board somehow....

Bob,

Thank you. Just trying to decide if I should cancel my two premium packages for a 10 night cruise. i would save over $100.00 if this is correct. If I cancel and order Ultimate and no change and lose the 20% discount it'll cost me more in the long run.:confused:

If you paid full price cancel and get it on the sale price for $46 per day for Ultimate and $44 for premium. But it depends on when your sailing is. if you log into your cruise planner and the sale price is there you can get it. Others with cruises farther out are saying they do not have a choice to buy a beverage package, if that is the case keep what you have.

Why would ordering the ultimate cause you to lose anything? That is an upgrade from the premium.