How private are the balconies

I was wondering on the degree of privacy that balconies afford on Oasis class ships. For example, and of course speaking entirely hypothetically, would you say they were clothing optional? :D:cool:;)

Edited by Toomanycritters
added more info regarding ship type

Well, your neighbor can look over the divider and see you at any given time. Also, your reflection can be seen in the glass if you are out there - doing something - your neighbor can potentially also see that. People above you can look down. Security cameras can also track passengers' actions (for security reasons, of course!). Staff on the bridge may see you. Children may see you.

Some things to think about. :p

Well, your neighbor can look over the divider and see you at any given time. Also, your reflection can be seen in the glass if you are out there - doing something - your neighbor can potentially also see that. People above you can look down. Security cameras can also track passengers' actions (for security reasons, of course!). Staff on the bridge may see you. Children may see you.

Some things to think about. :p

Only the foot or so closest to the railing in most cases. I've spent enough time out there with no problem.

Heavy breathing/moaning might attract attention. LOL, this has happened more than once. It is hard to resist that pleasure on the open ocean.

I would love to know what security might be able to see, maybe they have some great stories to share with their peers.

I was wondering on the degree of privacy that balconies afford on Oasis class ships. For example, and of course speaking entirely hypothetically, would you say they were clothing optional? :D:cool:;)

Not as secluded as you may think, particularly the boardwalk balcony cabins on Oasis, etc. where even the inside of your cabin is not very secluded unless you're careful with the drapes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just hope you're talking about the ocean balconies and not the ones overlooking central park or the boardwalk. 😆

Hahahaha. Yes. I probably should have made that clear. Ocean view, deck 11, mid ship. I'm at least assuming that one can be in the cabin with the drapes or doors open and have complete privacy - other than sound!:rolleyes:

If you are young and attractive, yes your clothing is optional. Otherwise you are breaking the law !

But to be clear, not 'older' and attractive, or young and (subjectively speaking) unattractive. You're saying you have to be both young AND attractive? I just want to make sure I understand the law :p

Heavy breathing/moaning might attract attention. LOL, this has happened more than once. It is hard to resist that pleasure on the open ocean.

I would love to know what security might be able to see, maybe they have some great stories to share with their peers.

Seen some intimate moments between 2 people by the railing from our balcony in the day time just by looking down and over to the water. Our balcony was sticking out a bit on the side of the ship and they were more indented, perfect view then!:)

Hahahaha. Yes. I probably should have made that clear. Ocean view, deck 11, mid ship. I'm at least assuming that one can be in the cabin with the drapes or doors open and have complete privacy - other than sound!:rolleyes:

You will have privacy with the door open, but doing this will turn off the AC in your cabin, and adversely affect the AC in cabins nearby.

If you are young and attractive, yes your clothing is optional. Otherwise you are breaking the law !

We used to be. Now we are attractive to each other and that's way more important.

But, we do not believe the balcony of a cruise ship is ever really private.:rolleyes: