QM2 world cruise duty free legs.

silverhead6736

Sorry Hattie

I thought it was very clear, would not have written it otherwise.

On world cruises each passenger is allowed to buy one bottle of spirits duty free on each leg of the cruise for there own consumption.

For example on this year's QE world cruise which we joined in Hong Kong we were allowed one bottle each to Dubai and another bottle each to Southampton.

We were also allowed to buy any amount of duty free for taking ashore in Southampton which was only available two days before arrival for taking ashore. Therefore I repeat my question what are the duty free legs on the QM2 round the world in 2017.

Silverhead

Hattie....are you trying to wind me up.

It is only the second time I posted on my own subject because you asked me to clarify.

I repeat I thought my fisrt post was clear enough.

What more do you want.

Silverhead

Not at all, but you originally asked this question here last week and had no answers.

I thought one of the reasons for that might have been that people didn't understand your question and a little clarification might help you get the answers you need.

Apologies

Edited by Host Hattie

On the final leg of QE world cruise from Dubai to Southampton in April of this year the duty free liquor policy was relaxed insofar as we were allowed to take purchases from the onboard shops directly to our stateroom at any time during the sailing instead of being held for delivery only on the last night of the voyage ;) Indeed, they had a special offer whereby you could purchase 2 litres of specific brand name whisky, gin or vodka for 25 USD ;);) The offer was so popular that some brands included in the offer sold out on the first day :mad:

Silverhead

Are you talking about purchase of spirits from the on board shop? If so, can't help you there as I bought spirits, wine and beer ashore and there were no problems bringing it on board at any port. Even brought 9 bottles of wine on board at one call in New Zealand - well it was an excursion to 3 vineyards:) No issue in taking it straight to the cabin - a few bottles taken to the MDR and corkage paid.

Certainly no mention of a duty free limit on any of the six legs.

Sorry Hattie

I thought it was very clear, would not have written it otherwise.

On world cruises each passenger is allowed to buy one bottle of spirits duty free on each leg of the cruise for there own consumption.

For example on this year's QE world cruise which we joined in Hong Kong we were allowed one bottle each to Dubai and another bottle each to Southampton.

We were also allowed to buy any amount of duty free for taking ashore in Southampton which was only available two days before arrival for taking ashore. Therefore I repeat my question what are the duty free legs on the QM2 round the world in 2017.

Silverhead

Assuming your duty free legs are the same as Cunard World Voyage segments, Southampton to Melbourne has a Southampton to Cape Town segment included. That would indicate there will be two segments for you.

Thanks everyone. Thought I would ask what I thought was a question that would not provoke such answers. You can see my No. of posts is only about 10 so perhaps I should retire now{go to bed}.

To Roscoe39. Hatties last word was 'Apologies' so maybe she did not consider it aggresive.

To Summergee. I would except for the delay and lack of answers that so many comment on.

Silverhead

Silverhead, I was confused with your question, as I had never heard of someone could buy duty free alcohol on board and take it to their cabin for their own use. My reading of the question was how often you were able to buy duty free on the ship. However, as I have not taken more than a single cruise leg and no multiple WC sectors, from what has been posted, I have learnt something.

Edited by Aussieflyer