Diamond benefit for Internet.

bobnjeff

What benefits do we receive for Internet as Diamond? We have been sailing mostly with Celebrity but now have five future cruises booked on Royal. Any other info on Diamond benefits would greatly be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What benefits do we receive for Internet as Diamond? We have been sailing mostly with Celebrity but now have five future cruises booked on Royal. Any other info on Diamond benefits would greatly be appreciated.

You each receive one free continuous 24-hour period of unlimited internet for one device, or $20 off a package.

EDIT: I see above the discount mentioned was $29. This seems to be a moving target, so may vary by ship, itinerary, phase of moon, etc.

Edited by clarea

So you each get 24 hours? Is the $29 credit per person? Can they be combined?

Discounts cannot be combined on the purchase of a single package.

I've seen prices onboard listed at $13 per day for surf and $18 per day for stream. Check your Cruise Planner for pre-cruise discounts. If you purchase pre-cruise, you don't get any D discount on that purchase.

I agree with Bob that internet fees are all over the place. You can not combine the amount to buy a package--or not on our last cruise.

The $12 fee is usually for pre-cruise purchase and must be for the whole cruise. The $29 fee was if you buy one day at a time.

However, on the next to the last day they offered a 2-day for one day price on the internet [$29] and I was able to use DH benefit for that. [always get internet or last day to check in with my kids.]

Isn't it 24 hours free per person per week ? I'm sure we got 48 hours each on our last 14 night cruise from.southampton ! So 4 days free in total or money off a package .

I've not seen a report that mentions a "per week" benefit, unless that was two 7-day cruises as a back-to-back.

It is definitely not per week. We still only got one 24 hour period on a 14 day cruise. Also, it is not a flat $29 discount if you get the unlimited, it is the equivalent of whatever the ship charges for a 24 hour period. On Liberty in June, it was $19 for a 24 hour period.

You each receive one free continuous 24-hour period of unlimited internet for one device, or $20 off a package.

EDIT: I see above the discount mentioned was $29. This seems to be a moving target, so may vary by ship, itinerary, phase of moon, etc.

Was only $20 off a package last week for me on oasis but it was $29 on a 8 nighter on anthem in march.

The D discount (usually $29) usually gets you a day if you want to not pay any extra OR can be taken off "whatever" the package price is at the time you purchase it.

We try to save one of your discounts an use it with two days left as there is almost always a deal for the last two days.

We share the login and start our one day after lunch so effectively get some internet use over for example day 3, day 4 with our 1st coupon then day 6, day 7 with our 2nd coupon which combined with the 2 days to go deal which lasts until we disembark on day 8. I think you can take this deal up after midnight on day 6.

We vary this around port days if we know there is wifi and if we have plans to be somewhere to use it.

Edited by woodyren

Discounts cannot be combined on the purchase of a single package.

I've seen prices onboard listed at $13 per day for surf and $18 per day for stream. Check your Cruise Planner for pre-cruise discounts. If you purchase pre-cruise, you don't get any D discount on that purchase.

Yeah it is 30% off online. Just trying to figure if it is best to take that or use our diamond benefits and pay the higher price. Oh...too much math! Time for a vacation!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I prepaid for my Rhapsody TA in November and decided to forego my Diamond benefit.

13 days $118.17 Happy with that price. (30% off)

Edited by maryann2

On a cruise we usually don't go online. Were on vacation.

But now I'm wondering if I don't, how do I check in for our flight the next day? Can we do this is in the diamond lounge?

You cannot get free internet in the lounge, but the Diamond Concierge may be able to check-in for you.

• 3 weeks later...