Move Over Offer- Quad

SusieS

Has anyone out there been offered a move-over offer when they've booked a quad? Just curious if Princess would do that, or if they would bypass a move-over offer to someone with a quad, since it would involve 4 people instead of 2.... I'm asking, as we're booked on the Ruby over Christmas, & was wondering what our chances would be to receive an offer.

Susie, could you explain what you mean by a "move-over" offer. We are usually six, eight, ten or twelve people booking several cabins and I have never heard of the expression.

Besides, I don't think Princess offers too much other than what they post.

It depends on what they want/need. I didn't think we'd ever see an offer with an HA cabin but we did. On board, we met another family who got the same offer we did.

A "move over" offer is when they call you and ask you to either give up your cabin or give up your cruise so that they can have your cabin for whatever/whoever else. We think in our case it involved one of the large groups on board. The deal is usually that you get another cruise free plus a total credit for the one you paid for.

In our case, we moved from a balcony cabin to an inside, and got almost the entire cost of the cruise as a refundable onboard credit. We will get a check in about a month for what we didn't spend on the cruise. We don't get the "free cruise" because we already got it by cruising in the inside cabin. Our situation was basically fixed as we already had airline tickets to Japan, etc. In all honesty, had they offered the "free cruise" option rather than the "move down to inside cabin," we might have taken it and just extended our land portion of the trip.

I've read that if you get one of those offers, it is also a good time to negotiate--you can ask if your "free" cruise must be of the same length, if you can get it in a mini suite or whatever, etc.

Princess does these Move Over Offers more than other cruise lines .

Not that they want your particular cabin , just your category , as they have overbooked Guarantee's for your category .

It's a way that Princess keeps it's sailings full.

If you get the call , you have to react or they move on to the next guest . The offers are generally pretty good if you can sail on another date offered .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by MCC retired

Thanks so much, everyone! I would normally not give up any cruise, but I'm planning on taking my daughter on a Med cruise next summer, & was wondering the chances of getting that almost for free!!

Probably not a Med cruise for a Mexican cruise - especially when Mexican cruises go for very cheap, unless they are very desperate.

Most of my Move Over offers have been for the same kind of cruise -Caribbean for Caribbean, Coastal for a Coastal, Alaska for an Alaska. It is rare that you get something more than that.

13 cruises on Princess, and we have gotten a move over offer twice. Both times the offer was to sail the same itinerary at a later date. Upgrade from an interior to balcony (1st offer) interior to "Up to a mini-suite" (2nd offer). OBC of $500 (1st) refund of ONE cruise fare (2nd) and airfare change fees.

I have heard of some great offers, but they start small and go up only if no one bites.

To OP, probably a better chance of getting a good price on a "flash sale" then getting a MOO from a Mexican Riviera to Med.

Edited by Rosethorn40

We have booked exactly one cruise ever on Princess and received a move over offer for our oceanview quad. This was for the Ruby Grand Med in August 2009. We did not accept the offer, because it was based on the price we paid ($4300 total for 12 nights for 4 people), which was not very much. Furthermore, our airfare from U.S. to VCE and return BCN to U.S. was less than $660 pp, and we didn't think we would find anything close in price the following August, when our kids were able to travel.