book on board but TA has lower rate

flifish64

I just did this. In January I booked a future cruise on the Silhouette and just a few days ago I transfered to a TA who had cheaper prices and the booking on board OBC is still on the invoice they sent me.

They key is making sure the reservation number stays the same as the one you booked while on board.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Thanks. In the grand scheme of things, the onboard OBC is small compared to the group rates discount. I may not mess with it and just get the group / discounted rate now in case the group rates get sold out. I have not read enough as tohow long those discounted group rates usually last before they revert back to CC published rates.

Thanks. In the grand scheme of things, the onboard OBC is small compared to the group rates discount. I may not mess with it and just get the group / discounted rate now in case the group rates get sold out. I have not read enough as tohow long those discounted group rates usually last before they revert back to CC published rates.

Mine was a group rate with the TA. The price on their site was $200 cheaper per person and came with an extra perk($300 OBC). The only thing I couldn't do was use my captains club free upgrade from a C3 to C2.

I've never used a TA before so I asked a million questions and got everything in writing. It was and fairly simple process. They actually recommend booking on board as it means their clients get extra OBC.

Mine was a group rate with the TA. The price on their site was $200 cheaper per person and came with an extra perk($300 OBC). The only thing I couldn't do was use my captains club free upgrade from a C3 to C2.

I've never used a TA before so I asked a million questions and got everything in writing. It was and fairly simple process. They actually recommend booking on board as it means their clients get extra OBC.

On my 2 cruises, the differences were significant, one is about 2K and the other 1K per cabin. Each carried about $300 OBC. I went ahead and booked the 1A cabin. I was able to get both captains club free upgrade and B2B discount. I figure I am giving up about $200- $400 future cruise OBC.

Unfortunately, the suites don't have any group rates; however, one can always start out lower and move up several times. It is always a choice, especially if you don't care about a specific cabin...always lots to think about...see you onboard our TA‼

For next year I booked exactly when prices were loaded into the computer. Put a hold on my cabin, called Celebrity, booked it with all perks and transferred it. My friend called an hour later and head to pay 200 more pp....now the prices are thousands more...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately, the suites don't have any group rates; however, one can always start out lower and move up several times. It is always a choice, especially if you don't care about a specific cabin...always lots to think about...see you onboard our TA‼

For next year I booked exactly when prices were loaded into the computer. Put a hold on my cabin, called Celebrity, booked it with all perks and transferred it. My friend called an hour later and head to pay 200 more pp....now the prices are thousands more...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I care that the minimum level we will travel in is one with an unobstructed balcony and close to the middle of the ship as I can get motion sickness.

On the TA that we are on with you this year, we went from a 2A pre final payment, to a concierge room and then a sky suite post final payment. We ended up double what we had paid for initially but it was still a good deal.

We will be checking out newly loaded scheques starting from this year.

I asked my TA about this and she told me we would get any pricing and perks that their agency has available and to take advantage of online booking.

I have it in writing too, so no harm no foul in my situation.

They key is making sure the reservation number stays the same as the one you booked while on board.

The reservation number does not always stay the same. I made an on-board booking for a placeholder cruise back in December 2015 and since then it has gone through several iterations:

- transferred to a different date, ship and class of cabin with different fare and perks;

- transferred to an A2 I personally had put on hold late at night to lock in a great price;

- transferred from the A2 to an A1 to get the loyalty one-category upgrade.

The reservation number is no longer the same as when I made the original booking - yet I still have my on-board-booking OBC. The key is for your TA to start with your initial booking & reservation number and then to always work with Celebrity to make sure that the on-board-booking OBC stays with your reservation, regardless of the number of reincarnations.

The reservation number does not always stay the same. I made an on-board booking for a placeholder cruise back in December 2015 and since then it has gone through several iterations:

- transferred to a different date, ship and class of cabin with different fare and perks;

- transferred to an A2 I personally had put on hold late at night to lock in a great price;

- transferred from the A2 to an A1 to get the loyalty one-category upgrade.

The reservation number is no longer the same as when I made the original booking - yet I still have my on-board-booking OBC. The key is for your TA to start with your initial booking & reservation number and then to always work with Celebrity to make sure that the on-board-booking OBC stays with your reservation, regardless of the number of reincarnations.

Interesting, the person at the future cruise desk I booked with, captains club employee and TA told me the way to insure you get that is to keep the same booking number. I switched my current cruise 2 times before transferring to my TA and once since and the reservation number has stayed the same.

Interesting, the person at the future cruise desk I booked with, captains club employee and TA told me the way to insure you get that is to keep the same booking number. I switched my current cruise 2 times before transferring to my TA and once since and the reservation number has stayed the same.

That is also how it has always worked for me.

This has been my experience too. Makes sense that the amount of OBC offered by a TA may be reduced if there is a significant price drop as their commission is also reduced. I have wondered if perks offered by X (obc, pre paid grats, drink package) affect a TA's commission. Interesting reading the posts above, it does not!