Has anyone canceled a cruise and taken the loss?

slyone14

There were solo cruisers complaing on the NCL board that freestyle dining made it hard to meet people .

This was exactly my thought. The way NCL's dining is set up it would be very difficult to dine with other singles unless you met them somewhere else on the ship first. It might seem like NCL does more for their singles but I wonder if that is because of the loss of being able to connect them over dinner.

I'm glad you are sticking with your original cruise. Bon Voyage!

I am going to listen to everyone and stick with Carnival. Its not only the 400 but then I forgot about other things ie, excursions and prepaid grats, which is all paid for already. ILl take my piece of mind knowing my wallet is better.

I did join the cc rol call, but its really quiet and dead. Ill speak with the Dining room guy and request a table he thinks would suit me. You all are right, money aside its a big loss and not to mention added cost will probably be well over 400.

Plus, I can cheat on my wife, Carnival, I feel like ive been loyal so far, and ill finally hit gold. Thanks everyone.

Glad you're staying put. Don't worry about the dining. They are usually good about putting singles together.

I wouldn't do it for a 100% loss - I would go and enjoy the one booked and then just book another on the other boat to enjoy it too.

I am contemplating canceling a current cruise I have on carnival to change to another cruise line the same week, similar ports, because they are running a ridiculous sale - the cost of their cruise is similar to what I currently owe as final payment on the Carnival one. But final payment for that is a few weeks away so I only lose my deposit.

We also thought about swapping to NCL when they ran a special a while back. We just decided not to bother, since we were more than pleased with Carnival.

But your reasons are legitimate, and that NCL itenerary would be better (to me). If you can deal with that kind of money loss, go for it!

Cancel the excursions and Cheers! and go on both cruises.

This. Just sit around, eat, and be miserable if you must (although I doubt that will happen). Then book the new cruise on board for the OBC.

ETA. Ack! NCL is God-awful! Don't do it! :eek: A nice itinerary doesn't make up for a crappy cruise (see my lone NCL experience below).

Make some friends on your Roll Call on at dinner in the MDR and invite them to the Steakhouse for your birthday! We'd go with you if we were cruising :) Good luck and have a great B-day :)

Edited by VASOXFANN