Captains on Regent

nfcu

I suspect that you are not receiving many responses because Regent Captains are from different parts of the world. For years there was a Captain from Norway that was very popular. Currently Daniel Green is from Sweden and Captain Teo lives in the Canary Islands but was originally from Italy. Most officers onboard Regent ships are from Europe. The current Captain of the Explorer (Captain Stan) is originally from France and Regent's first female Captain (Serena) is from Tuscany.

While this is not all of Regent's Captain's, hope that this helps:)

Edited by Travelcat2

Hi there TC! His first name is Ville. He is a second officer from Helsinki. Great guy, converses with my wife (also a native Finn, aka DW of Two Happy Cruisers) in that incomprehensible language of theirs!! She was just home in Finland last week and they visited while he was in port. He aspires to be a Captain with Regent, and is now in his second or third contract. He drives the ship in the wee hours...

The Second Officer on Mariner last year was a charming young Venezuelan gentleman. He was supervising the tender operation in very challenging circumstances.

Edited by Gilly

Captain Teo Srdelic (favourite phrase: "It is as it is") comes from Split in Croatia

It would be useful if Regent would emulate Azamara's website and post details of the senior officers:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/life-onboard/crew/senior-officer-schedule

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/life-onboard/crew/senior-officer-schedule

From what I recall, Captain Dag (the Captain from Norway) worked on Seabourn's older ships until they were sold. It is nice to hear that he will be back on Seabourn after spending time on HAL (Seabourn's sister cruise line). Capt. Dag had a following by some Regent cruisers.

I need to make a correction to what I posted above. General Manager Andreas is from Italy and now lives in the Canary Islands - not Captain Teo. I'm not sure how I momentarily forgot that Capt. Teo (our favorite Captain) is from Croatia. We were fortunate enough to spend a bit of time with him and G.M. Davor (also from Croatia) when we had lunch on the Mariner earlier this summer.

IMO, putting the officers names on our final documents would be very helpful. I know that Regent has difficulty putting the information out too far in advance (as they have done in the U.K.) as things change and then it seems as if they are putting out faulty information). Even when I ask an officer where they are going next, they think they know but say that it could change.

I know that Regent has difficulty putting the information out too far in advance (as they have done in the U.K.) as things change and then it seems as if they are putting out faulty information). Even when I ask an officer where they are going next, they think they know but say that it could change.

I wonder why this is so difficult for Regent to schedule?................or is it just PPP?

I wonder why this is so difficult for Regent to schedule?................or is it just PPP?

What does "PPP" mean?

IMO, life makes things difficult to schedule. Crew move to different cruise lines (this happened a lot in 2014/15), need emergency vacations, etc. Our cruise in November, 2015 did not have a Cruise Consultant. While this isn't a huge deal, no one could make onboard bookings (accommodations were made for those of us that wanted to book a cruise and receive an onboard booking credit). On our Explorer cruise, the G.M. wasn't sure where his next assignment would be (that was in July and he now knows that he is going to the Voyager after his vacation).

I do find it interesting that so many Regent passengers care who the officers will be on their cruise. While we do not book cruises based on the officers or crew, we are always happy when we learn that familiar faces will be on our cruise.

Thanks for the information. I'll be looking for his name on future cruises and hope that he achieves his goal of becoming Captain of a Regent ship. He sounds like a capable and nice person!

Yes, although he's still only in his mid-30's, he's a very sharp and likable person. :)

His full name is Ville Mäkelä and he's currently the First Officer on the Voyager. He's from Turku, Finland, and spent his summer vacation at his family's summer cabin on the Finnish island of Åland, located between Finland and Sweden. I had the pleasure of getting together with him on one of my last days in Helsinki, before flying back to California.

~Benita