Getting your hair done onboard

love2traveljen

Well I have no idea what an updo is but on Conquest last July we were celebrating our 30th anniversary and my wife went and got her hair done for our actual anniversary night. And then once again later in the cruise for fancy pictures in the Dreams Studio. She might have only gotten a wash and blow-dry but they would have had to work pretty hard on her naturally thick and curly hair to get it straight.

Looked pretty good to me and she seemed to be happy with it. :)

It didn't cost too much either because Carnival sent us a 50 dollar gift card for the spa for our anniversary. Be sure and tell them you are celebrating and you might get something too.

Congrats!

Congrats...and I have gone back to long hair I dye and trim myself!! I definitley wan to have someone else put it up and curl it my next cruise...I love the old French roll look...with a few more curls. ( see hidden updo def. lol.)

I also love that look we used to call...some of it up and some of it down..LOL.

I think most are petty happy with the services.

Edited by sjn911

Well I have no idea what an updo is but on Conquest last July we were celebrating our 30th anniversary and my wife went and got her hair done for our actual anniversary night. And then once again later in the cruise for fancy pictures in the Dreams Studio. She might have only gotten a wash and blow-dry but they would have had to work pretty hard on her naturally thick and curly hair to get it straight.

Looked pretty good to me and she seemed to be happy with it. :)

It didn't cost too much either because Carnival sent us a 50 dollar gift card for the spa for our anniversary. Be sure and tell them you are celebrating and you might get something too.

Congrats!

originalgeek, You sir are a very good husband.

Go into your online cruise docs, I remember seeing a link there for you to tell them if you are celebrating anything special. I know on my birthday I got a certificate I could use in the spa or salon on our last cruise. I didn't use it. In fact I've gotten a couple of them but never used them since I never go to the spa or salon.

I have had my hair done twice on the ship. Once in an up-do. I have thick long hair. Cost $50 & took 1 hour. Unless you come in with clean wet hair they want to wash it.

I had people stopping me all night complimenting my hair do.

Only complaint I had about the up-do was it took my husband and I 10 mins to get all the pins out of my hair. :) The price we pay for beauty!

Go into..Manage..my booking..cruise detail..my guests..click on modify under the guests name and info..that will give you a window that says "edit guest information"..at the bottom of that window you will see "special occasions" and then just mark the box you want..Hope that helps! Have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by Lil2Angelic

I can't find where you put in if you are celebrating something :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Log in, go to manage your cruise, cruise details and click your guests tab, it should list everyone sailing and there should be a "modify" link below each. Click that and one of the choices is special occasions.

You can also call carnival and tell them. They're pretty easy to deal with. Good luck!

Just be careful if they ask if you want something extra bling like rhinestone clips added. Ask the price of those first. Granted, it was on another line but my niece:eek: didn't ask, said sure, and thought how much could they cost? When she got the bill...$40 each for two.:eek: