Carnival Ships - inside room

beshears

We may be doing an adult family cruise, next year.

If you have cruised within the past year, and used an inside room, and were happy with it, what is the name of the ship?

Also, I just read that Carnival has a few ships with an inside room, that has a port hole, or something like that, even though it may be blocked some. Any ship names?

I am trying to get as much info I can, as the adults are "depending" upon me to get all the info, so all they have to do, or pretty much so, just board the ship.

We did an aft inside cabin on the Glory riviera deck, there were 2 adults and a 14 year old. Inside cabins of course are dark it was some of the best sleep I have had, we had to turn the tv on to see if it was morning. It was okay I just like natural light so I won't say I will book it again if I had a choice. It was a good value at the time for a 7 day cruise.

If you have cruised within the past year, and used an inside room, and were happy with it, what is the name of the ship?

Also, I just read that Carnival has a few ships with an inside room, that has a port hole, or something like that, even though it may be blocked some. Any ship names?

I am trying to get as much info I can, as the adults are "depending" upon me to get all the info, so all they have to do, or pretty much so, just board the ship.

Almost ALL of my cruises have been in an inside cabin because I usually cruise solo and the solo supplement (double) can be a killer economically. I have never had the porthole inside, which on some ships is now considered and priced near an oceanview. I've heard horror stories about the bow thrusters and anchor chain racket so prevalent in those cabins, however. I almost always cruise "last minute" (3-5 days before the cruise) so these are always gone when I book. They sell out quickly so somebody sees them as a great value.;)

I'm currently booked on the BREEZE with my ex wife sharing an inside cabin :confused: I just like the price, I guess. I've been upgraded to an oceanview in the past and enjoyed that also. To be fair, I'm seldom in my cabin (shower, change clothes and sleep, if I must). Love the pitch darkness. Sleep like a baby. For those that don't like that, it can be overcome numerous ways (bathroom light on, night light plugged in, etc.)

Edited by glrounds

4 cruises for us, 4 different ships, 4 people in the cabin each time - all on Riviera midship inside cabins. It's the only way we cruise. The cabins are quiet since they are out of the way of any noisy areas. Use the outside cam channel on the TV as your "window". It's dark at night and brings "light" to your cabin in the morning just like a real window. Night light works as well.

Edited by sarmat1

Use the outside cam channel on the TV as your "window". It's dark at night and brings "light" to your cabin in the morning just like a real window.

We just sailed in our first inside a couple months ago on the Inspiration and this was the best tip I picked up from the boards here.

I thought the lack of natural light would bother me more, but it was fine. The thing I really missed was having a couch like we'd had in our balcony rooms. One little chair just wasn't quite enough to relax.

I've been on the many different ships and I'd say that 75% of the time we get an inside cabin. We'll be on the Spa deck/inside cabin for our October cruise.

I love how dark the rooms gets and the price is always great on an inside cabin. We've had a balcony twice, but we really didn't use it enough to warrant the extra costs. I'd rather spend that $$ on excursions or pictures.

Almost ALL of my cruises have been in an inside cabin because I usually cruise solo and the solo supplement (double) can be a killer economically. I have never had the porthole inside, which on some ships is now considered and priced near an oceanview. I've heard horror stories about the bow thrusters and anchor chain racket so prevalent in those cabins, however. I almost always cruise "last minute" (3-5 days before the cruise) so these are always gone when I book. They sell out quickly so somebody sees them as a great value.;)

I'm currently booked on the BREEZE with my ex wife sharing an inside cabin :confused: I just like the price, I guess. I've been upgraded to an oceanview in the past and enjoyed that also. To be fair, I'm seldom in my cabin (shower, change clothes and sleep, if I must). Love the pitch darkness. Sleep like a baby. For those that don't like that, it can be overcome numerous ways (bathroom light on, night light plugged in, etc.)

LOL @ your:confused: icon at the notion of sharing a room with your ex wife. Have fun!!!

Since I usually sail with my son, for financial reasons we usually do insides - which he prefers. He hated the balcony we did for my 40th bday and doesn't like it when do Outsides either. Everytime I have booked and upper and lower we have gotten a call from the Upgrade fairy. We have a one booked for May. It is categorized as a 1A but it's really a PT - its next to a PT - It has one bed and one couch which will be fine for us. I loved the Spa deck and considered doing a 4S but he won't use it and he wasn't old enough the time we stayed on that level on the Dream.

Carnival typically has the largest interior cabins of any brand. If you need light - Decks 1 & 2 forward have cabins 1A & PT that are lower price but beware that some have one bed and one couch. BUT they have a window so priced like an interior. They also can have a bit of stranger shape, you will hear the waves, anchor dropping when you dock, and feel more motion.

And my feeling with the newer ships is the exterior rooms are only on decks 1 & 2 - why pay so much more? We had an exterior - I think a 6C (Glory 2276?) and it was ok.

I would rather have a balcony over exterior. Interior for price :D

There are what is referred to as inside rooms on certain decks of each ship that are way up in the front, facing the front and usually located between a handicap room on east side of the ship. They are usually a little larger and roomier than the regular inside rooms. They also have a window. I loved it, able sit out on the "secret deck" which was great and like having my own balcony. The only drawback...so far to walk to and from the nearest elevator. I have been told by different PVPs' that they sell out fast because they do not have a lot of them on each cruise ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've done inside porthole and inside with king and two pull down beds on elation. I did an ocean view guarantee once which wasn't really worth it to me.

I probably won't do porthole again because it was way in the front and low. I've found I like to be on higher decks. I went 4, 6, 7, and now I'm in an inside on 9.

I trying to avoid the pulldown beds as well because I didn't need them and bumped my head on them.

Another type of inside room is with the single twin bed and a pulldown bed. Those are usually cheaper if you don't mind that.

Then there's an inside room has the picture window. Those cost more but I want to try one on Lido deck on a future cruise. There are only a few of them so I'll probably have to book really early to get it.

I'm inside lido deck on triumph next week. Think I'm going to like it but we'll see.

Edited by Saint Greg

When I cruise with my husband, he insists on a balcony. When I cruise with my siblings or children (always on Carnival), we always get an inside room--and I love it!

I just got back from a cruise on the Imagination with my daughter and we had an interior on the Riviera deck. The darkness and quiet of this room helped us to sleep SO well! The Carnival interior rooms are pretty darn spacious and we found that there was so much to see and do onboard that we were never in the room but to sleep!

Edited by GradUT

Just came off Splendor. Had inside cabins 7408. Even though I sailed solo I had the steward separate the beds. That gave me tons of floor space. The 2nd bed was used for all the towel animals I got during the week. This cabin will only accommodate 2 people. There are no upper bunks or a sofa. The refrigerator worked great.

Oooooooooh my, thank you "everyone" for your postings to my questions. You may/may not want to add anymore to my question/s, but I will give you a few details of what we will be looking for, as well as the inner room.

About 8 of us that will be going, 2 to a room, on a budget, and prefer the Caribbean, but not the Southern route. Here are some ships that I have if you have been on them within the past year, and would like to give me your pros/cons, I would love to read them. All this groups is "depending" upon me to come up with answers, and they will be happy with whatever I have. Just in case you did not see this question, or the list, here they are:

Dream

Breeze

Freedom

Glory (I believe a couple of you have been on this ship)

Magic

Splendor

Edited by beshears

we were just on the Liberty out of Galveston and our son had an inside room to himself. He thought it was a great size, had them put the twins together for a king, which he loved.

we had an inside room on the Glory out of Miami and it seemed smaller than that room on the Liberty! Not sure if it was just that room, or if all the inside rooms were smaller.

LOL @ your:confused: icon at the notion of sharing a room with your ex wife. Have fun!!!

I've cruised with an ex. We were cruise compatable. His girlfriend wasn't too happy, but she hated cruising. What was cute was asking our steward to separate the beds. Of course with the same last name, he didn't know.:D

Most have those types of rooms.

Hello, in regard to the inside rooms.

Maybe you book on your own, but I go through a TA.

How can I know if the inner room has a port hole, larger than some of the rest, or what?

if you had a inner room, did they ever offer to upgrade you?

Our family sailed on the Dream in March. We had 3 interior rooms on Deck 8 aft. Loved the location! The stairs and elevator were right around the corner from our rooms. Not having any natural light did now bother us. We were not in our rooms much during the day and they were good and dark and quiet at night.

I have 2 cruises booked on the Fantasy and we have inside rooms on those also. My mom and I are going in December and have what looks like one of the few interiors on the Verandah deck. For our March family cruise we have 3interior rooms again. 2 are on Deck 7 aft and 1 is Deck 7 midship.

Hello, in regard to the inside rooms.

Maybe you book on your own, but I go through a TA.

How can I know if the inner room has a port hole, larger than some of the rest, or what?

if you had a inner room, did they ever offer to upgrade you?

When you scroll over the deck plans a description will pop up.

We've had all different kind of rooms, and inside rooms are almost always our first choice. We got upgraded from an inside to an ocean few a couple years ago, and then this year on the Miracle we went for a balcony (the Miracle has a really high number of balconies, I believe, so it was only about $100 more expensive each to get a balcony), but we'll be in an interior room on the Vista next year. I'm definitely not one of those people who believe that once you have a balcony, you can never go back to an inside room. We usually like to save our money for excursions and extras like the Chef's Table.