Disney Wonder on Webcam showing her being stripped

Ex techie

No one. And not enough powder sugar, not even close. Looked again. What is that? One bite worth of powdered sugar?I've never seen or heard of a dipping sauce with beignets. And you shouldn't see the beignets. More powdered sugar.

Please do not judge New Orleans based on Tiana's. Please.

Right? My daughter was visiting NOLA for her friend's baby shower and do you think she brought me back beignets from Cafe Du Monde? Noooo.

I have a picturre I took there once of the left over powder on my plate. It looked like a few grams of coke.

Edited by gometros

thanks for all the pictures!!!

i LOVE the dishes in tiana's...so cute...with the frog motif..

also, the kid's menu is adorable....the shape of it..

and those desserts in the picture look pretty good, so i take it back about the desserts on the adult menu...

as for the atrium light fixtures, i've been looking for pictures of them..

i'm not sure what the true color is as every picture i see has it a slightly different shade...

more red than the most recent one posted above..

from what i've been able to discern, i think i love it...

which is odd, since i hate the pattern of it...

but i really somehow think i love that light fixture (or rather fixtures)..

i guess i'll just have to sail the wonder in person to see it live and in true color (where's kodak when you need it).

although i don't think i'll ever have the opportunity to sail on the wonder...

who knows...maybe one day....

You're welcome! Has been fun tracking them down!

As for the chandelier, from all of the photos I've seen, the chandelier is only lit in certain parts so the color varies petal to petal depending on if it is illuminated or not. And yes the exposure on the camera will affect the lightness or darkness of the color.

I hope you do get to sail on her some day!

ex techie

They better be real beignets, not like the wannabes at POFQ! And who eats them with chocolate sauce?

No one. And not enough powder sugar, not even close. Looked again. What is that? One bite worth of powdered sugar?I've never seen or heard of a dipping sauce with beignets. And you shouldn't see the beignets. More powdered sugar.

Please do not judge New Orleans based on Tiana's. Please.

I think the amount of powered sugar varies as they are still settling into the new menu.

Scott on the disneycruiselineblog found a twitter picture that shows a much heavier dusting here:

CwhQY3WW8AApcWb.jpg

The dipping sauce, the description says it is a chocolate expresso dipping sauce so maybe the coffee helps?

And that is the white chocolate bread pudding on the left in the picture.

For the full menu go to http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2016/11/tianas-place-debut-menu-revealed-ahead-disney-wonders-relaunch/

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

I'm really going to miss this thread...lol such a fun time following the Wonder on this transformation! I've had a blast tracking down photos, and enjoyed watching all the construction take place. I love watching the construction of how they build these ships, but nothing is more awesome than seeing an already amazing ship become even better. I've been on the "old" Wonder once, and fingers crossed that we will board her once again one day and see all these new features first hand. Biiiiiiig thank you to ex techie for his stellar sleuthing work, and it's been an absolute pleasure talking with all of you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm really going to miss this thread...lol such a fun time following the Wonder on this transformation! I've had a blast tracking down photos, and enjoyed watching all the construction take place. I love watching the construction of how they build these ships, but nothing is more awesome than seeing an already amazing ship become even better. I've been on the "old" Wonder once, and fingers crossed that we will board her once again one day and see all these new features first hand. Biiiiiiig thank you to ex techie for his stellar sleuthing work, and it's been an absolute pleasure talking with all of you!

Thanks Travis! And thanks for your input too! Along with everyone else who has contributed!

It has been a pleasure :)

ex techie

thanks for the concierge lounge picture....that is sooooooooooooo much nicer than on the dream....actually having windows with a view..

i hated the concierge lounge on the dream...

who wants to be in a room with no windows when you're in the middle of the gorgeous ocean????

and the concierge sundeck on the dream also has no view...what idiots designed it????? and since we were on her during hurricane sandy, even if there had been a view from the sun deck it wouldn't have mattered...you have to have a view from a lounge for inclement weather...

so it's great they have a view from inside the lounge on the wonder (especially given that the wonder goes to alaska)..

given this new information, i might have to rethink my decision to stop sailing concierge :rolleyes:

i have to go check out the new deck plan...where did they stick the lounge?

what on the ship was sacrificed for it?

does the lounge look the same on the magic?

i have to go check out the new deck plan...where did they stick the lounge?

what on the ship was sacrificed for it?

does the lounge look the same on the magic?

The Outlook Cafe was taken over (deck 10 FWD) much to the disappointment of many regular cruisers, however I've not seen or heard anything confirmed that the whole of the OC was used.

The same space in the center of the funnel that the Wonder's OC occupies was not there on the Magic (no OC) and was transformed/new structure built for the Concierge Lounge.

The Magic's CL is similar but different.

[YOUTUBE]0Ss-EeYEt5s[/YOUTUBE]

The picture I posted of the indoor seating is from the Starboard side OC addition the Wonder had, on the Magic that is where the Concierge sun deck is, so on the Wonder they had to put the sun deck on the roof.

Magic pre CL

disney-magic-cruise-ship-photos-5.jpg

Magic with CL and sun deck to the left (deck 10)

Magic-2015-Dry-Dock-Exterior-Conciege-Lounge-Outdoor-Seating-Entrance.jpg

Wonder pre CL

disney-wonder-adult-pool-spa.jpg

Wonder with CL sun deck on top (deck 11)

sundeck.png

ex techie

So you're saying that they eliminated the Outlook Cafe completely? Will there be any out of the weather space to go and have a coffee or light snack in the Quiet Cove area of the ship at all? There are times when you don't want to sit out on the deck exposed to the wind or wet/cold weather in the early mornings or in the evenings. Where are the non-Concierge passengers supposed to go?

image.png

And, as Scott just updated on his blog, Spiderman and Cap will not be the only SHIELD representatives training the kids:

DW-Marvel-Super-Hero-Academy-Black-Widow-Training-768x512.jpg

(Okay, kids, see those bracelet-thingies? Do NOT get out of line at the training sessions. Parents may want to emphasize that. :p )

And, as Scott just updated on his blog, Spiderman and Cap will not be the only SHIELD representatives training the kids:

(Okay, kids, see those bracelet-thingies? Do NOT get out of line at the training sessions. Parents may want to emphasize that. :p )

Good find!

ex techie

So you're saying that they eliminated the Outlook Cafe completely? Will there be any out of the weather space to go and have a coffee or light snack in the Quiet Cove area of the ship at all? There are times when you don't want to sit out on the deck exposed to the wind or wet/cold weather in the early mornings or in the evenings. Where are the non-Concierge passengers supposed to go?

Hi BartmanLA,

What I was trying to say above is that the Outlook Cafe never existed on the Magic (there was the Outlook Bar on deck 10 Fwd, but most of the time it was closed due to lack of traffic and wind), and when they re-imagined the Wonder years ago, they took over that space and the piece of deck in front of it to create the Outlook Cafe. They also added the Starboard side "wing" and a spiral staircase on the Port side to link the Outlook Cafe and Cove Cafe.

As of right now, the deck plans on the DCL website show the whole of the space that was the Outlook Cafe as the Concierge Lounge. (see below)

I've not seen any photos showing the whole of the inside of the lounge, but the access to the lounge on the Magic is either from inside the Fwd funnel by the Midships elevators, or from a side door on deck 10 Stb.

Have they sectioned off part of the old Outlook Cafe? I don't know. It is a possibility, however it would be a very small space in comparison to what it was.

As for inside space for coffee and snacks, there is still the Cove Cafe on deck 9 Fwd below in the Quiet Cove pool area.

deckpln.png

ex techie

BartmanLA,

As the deck plans do not show the structures, this might help explain my comments above.

These are very rough space indicators as I believe the spaces are.

The Magic now

Slide3.jpg

The Wonder before

Slide1_4.jpg

How the Wonder could be?

Slide2_2.jpg

ex techie

oh wow...i didn't realize the magic and wonder were that different...

we sailed on the wonder 12 years ago....so i guess long before it was reimagined...

it sounds like it's a big loss for non-concierge guests...

especially when in alaska, where you really want to be inside with a window...

but again, i'll probably never be on the wonder....

i'm hoping for the magic in the med in 2018, but i'll have to wait and see what the itineraries are....

and we might sneak in a quickie on the Dream next year...even though i said i'd never sail her again, DD wants to try her out when we're in WDW next summer...so maybe....i'm about to buy our airline tickets, so we'll see how the timing works with that..

Edited by alaska_planner

That's what I was wondering, and if they do what you're saying, taking away a absolutely special viewing area in the Outlook Cafe to give it to the Concierge passengers it, I will be very disappointed. I have only sailed on the Wonder and used that enclosed area to really do some nice viewing and having a quiet moment during the cruise to relax and take in the stunning views while at sea, and also to enjoy ports of call when I didn't go ashore. I will miss having access to that space. Too bad.

That's what I was wondering, and if they do what you're saying, taking away a absolutely special viewing area in the Outlook Cafe to give it to the Concierge passengers it, I will be very disappointed. I have only sailed on the Wonder and used that enclosed area to really do some nice viewing and having a quiet moment during the cruise to relax and take in the stunning views while at sea, and also to enjoy ports of call when I didn't go ashore. I will miss having access to that space. Too bad.

Well the first cruise with paying Guests board tomorrow, so hopefully someone staying in Conceirge will post online about the new lounge.

So far I've not found anything about the Edge or Vibe spaces, so think on the preview shake down cruises DCL have put a blanket ban on posting about those and the Concierge Lounge (except maybe the lounge photos were taken without permission or posted too early by the TA company)

I totally agree it is a major loss to the regular non Concierge Guest, but I can see why DCL have done this from a revenue boosting perspective, along with providing similar features across the fleet, even if it is by ship class.

ex techie