Advice Needed - Upgraded to undesirable cabin

sandyss

We often book cabins a year in advance and for very specific reasons, balcony size, cabins above, below and on either side, further aft than forward, etc. and usually have the booking agent include the phrase "do not move without permission" so there are no unwanted surprises upon check in. However, we gambled on our last cruise and didn't have that phrase added to our reservation. We received a very welcome free upgrade, but I wouldnt give up a hump cabin with an extra large balcony unless it was a really sweet upgrade and I could approve it first.

I just went into My Profile (which I probably haven't looked at since day one), and there is absolutely nothing about upgrading - I clicked individually on every category - Account Info, Immigration Documentation, Emergency Info, My Travel Companions, Communication Preferences, and Change Password.

Exactly where is the question about whether you want to be auto-upgraded?

We don,t use a TA but would like to know where the no upgrade box is..that we can check. Would not want any surprises or changes. Can we call Cap Club to make sure all our res are marked No Upgrade.

I just went into My Profile (which I probably haven't looked at since day one), and there is absolutely nothing about upgrading - I clicked individually on every category - Account Info, Immigration Documentation, Emergency Info, My Travel Companions, Communication Preferences, and Change Password.

Exactly where is the question about whether you want to be auto-upgraded?

I'd like to know that too. I know that you can do that on Royal Caribbean if you are at a certain tier level but I can't remember seeing that as an option on Celebrity.

And as you say.......it was the cabin you chose that has now been taken from you without explanation. I agree with all the positive points from cc posters here, but that explanation will help you decide what you want/can do. Here's hoping you have a wonderful time onboard.

You keep posting undesirable location. Where exactly is said location?

The cabin that we were assigned to is #9047. I have only seen negative reviews for that specific cabin. Noise can be heard from the public deck above and it has an obstructed view with window washing equipment hanging off the deck. In addition, the cabin is very near the front of the ship, which we always avoid. We had booked a 2A balcony cabin on Deck 7 midship, which is always our preference.

As nice as it would be to eat in BLU, the negatives of that cabin - for us - outweigh the nicer restaurant.

Thank you for this information. We haven't sailed on X yet so don't have a really clear picture of cabin locations, except the one we booked. We have stayed in cabins at the front of the ship. For a free upgrade we personally would probably tough it out for the added benefits. I hope you find a suitable AQ class cabin!

The cabin that we were assigned to is #9047. I have only seen negative reviews for that specific cabin. Noise can be heard from the public deck above and it has an obstructed view with window washing equipment hanging off the deck. In addition, the cabin is very near the front of the ship, which we always avoid. We had booked a 2A balcony cabin on Deck 7 midship, which is always our preference.

As nice as it would be to eat in BLU, the negatives of that cabin - for us - outweigh the nicer restaurant.

sandyss, you should ask (here) if the heavy wooden chaises at the Solarium pool are moved around as much as those at the regular pool...I think NOT, since they are all under cover. I think they move the regular chaises at the main pool every night/back every morning to protect them from the elements.

If the heavy wooden ones do stay put, you do not have to worry about that noise waking you up.

And Blu is very nice.

I agree with the previously posted sentiment, that sometimes, people book very specific cabins for very specific reasons that only they may know... and that's OK. I have not booked a GTY cabin for a REALLY long time until our upcoming Crystal sailing... the category we booked, all of the cabins seemed equally acceptable to us, and an upgrade might be nice from steerage anyway :) But usually I book cruises more than a year in advance often to get those choice rooms--- you know, the one with the extra large balcony, or extra room, or one of a few cabins in a given category that lacks an undesirable feature... whatever.

I don't care too much about fwd vs midship vs aft (unless it's an aft balcony which is always cool!) but definitely care about noisy stuff above, and distance from elevators (I want to be far- I don't mind to walk but I hate a lot of people coming by our door being loud.) But, I am sure that for every person like me there is someone who really likes being super close to the elevator and right under the pool deck so they can get there quickly--- to each their own!

sandyss, you should ask (here) if the heavy wooden chaises at the Solarium pool are moved around as much as those at the regular pool...I think NOT, since they are all under cover. I think they move the regular chaises at the main pool every night/back every morning to protect them from the elements.

If the heavy wooden ones do stay put, you do not have to worry about that noise waking you up.

And Blu is very nice.

I would love to find that out. The reviews of #9047 that I saw mention noise in the evening and early am. All reviewers say that they would not stay in that cabin again.

If we can't move to a quieter cabin, we will tough it out and enjoy BLU for our trouble. We will still enjoy our cruise.

But if we can move to a quiet Concierge cabin (no 2As are available), that would be our preference.

I will be talking to our TA tomorrow morning, and she will most likely call the Revenue department while I am on hold.

Stay tuned!

You know, I recall someone maybe 6 mos. or a year ago that was in your exact situation - bumped from a cabin they hand picked to one they did not want, with no good explanation.

I do not recall the resolution, but I do recall at one point X saying "well, we can't move those people now!" which was SOOO ridiculous since that is exactly what they did to the poster!

I wish I could recall the outcome (maybe someone else can?) - it might help you in your negotiations.

If you can change to the aft cabin I think that was mentioned, we LOVE those (we actually book aft AQs now), so maybe it might turn out ok after all.

We heard no overhead noise while in 9043 on the Summit last month.

Cabin #9043 is much better situated than #9047. That cabin would be under the Ladie's Changing Room and does not have the Obstructed View. But no other Aqua cabins show as available. I'll see what my TA can accomplish tomorrow morning.

Wish me luck!

Cabin #9043 is much better situated than #9047. That cabin would be under the Ladie's Changing Room and does not have the Obstructed View. But no other Aqua cabins show as available. I'll see what my TA can accomplish tomorrow morning.

Wish me luck!

Good Luck! They should be able to put you back in your original room, and put the other cruisers in 9047. I think this is what your TA should say if she meets resistance, jmo.

Sandyss, I found the thread! I bumped it up for you, should be on the first page, entitled "Advice Please...", darn can't remember the rest. Hope you find it. Not exactly your situation, but close enough that it might help you.

Thank you warmwinds. I just read thru that massive thread. At least the OP got a cabin close to the one that they originally had. My TA will request a similar solution tomorrow as our first choice. Or Celebrity could "downgrade" us from Aqua to a quiet Concierge cabin that is available. We mainly want a quiet cabin with an unobstructed view.

The problem is that there are very few empty cabins since our cruise departs in one week - and we fly to Japan in just 3 days.

Thanks to everyone for your support and empathy. I will report tomorrow on the outcome of our TAs call.

I've been in contact with my TA this morning. She is in contact with Celebrity to find out what our options are.

She said that she didn't know why this change of cabins happened.

Since we leave on Wednesday, I want to get this resolved quickly.

Stay tuned.

I've been in contact with my TA this morning. She is in contact with Celebrity to find out what our options are.

She said that she didn't know why this change of cabins happened.

Since we leave on Wednesday, I want to get this resolved quickly.

Stay tuned.

Best wishes. As I mentioned earlier, it seems the simple solution is for Celebrity to give you your room back, and give those people 9047. I hope Celebrity does not complicate it.

Marie

Hi Sandy,

hope you are well - I have not been to the Celebrity pages for quite a while, we have cruised mostly HAL and Azamara in the last 18 months.

I have seen that both 8185 and 6130 are offered as C1 cabins. Both would be great if you could snag one of those.

Happy sailings!

Erika