Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

I am inches away from booking the 14th Oct sailing on Symphony, 9 day Europe. Tossing up the price difference between an inside and a central park balcony (around £200 each). Never sailed Royal before. Any advice?

My preference would be a non-balcony OV before an inward facing balcony. Rather see outside the ship and don't like the lack of privacy.

It's going to be a beautiful ship, but not paying the current rates.

WOW.

nearly fell off my chair with the symphony pricing.

Over £300 per person increase on what we paid for Harmony and only £200 less for 3rd and 4th passengers (children)

will not be booking at them prices.

Ian.

Looks like East/West Harmony bookings won't open until 3/16

I thought all the 2018-2019 itineraries were being relased "the week of March 6th" -- that's what they said when I called. . . . . . . where are you getting the information that they wont be released until 3/16?????????????????????

I have no patience either, lol -

They intend to stretch out the whole week for releases.

Let's just chill, they won't sell out immediately. And maybe their price barometer will simmer down.... Was hoping harmony TA would have been a few weeks earlier, oh well. Back to the May crossings. Do like the fact they will be a few weeks later departing than they were this year.. hoping for a voyager or larger class ship to Barcelona or Rome for the crossing. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked the Oct 14th sailing of Symphony for oceanview balcony $3100. I really want the ports of Venice and Dubrovnik, so I'll keep an eye out for other European sailings on the smaller ships. This price was cheaper than Carnival Vista European sailing last October, but it was one day longer.

Just called RCCL and the agent said Independence wasn't loaded in the booking system for Summer 2018 yet but he thought it would be "in the next day or so."

I can't believe the entire schedule isn't loaded to be honest. It's not like they've just thrown the schedule together yesterday.

It should all be loaded and ready to go live at time X in the system

Obviously we're talking about if they had decent IT systems here mind!

I can't believe the entire schedule isn't loaded to be honest. It's not like they've just thrown the schedule together yesterday.

It should all be loaded and ready to go live at time X in the system

Obviously we're talking about if they had decent IT systems here mind!

Maybe they wanted to give the sales agents some time for the hope-for wave of bookings on Symphony before they dealt with the others?

FYI......I was finally able to get all the way to the credit card page to pay. Cabin 7560 ocean balcony $2153 before taxes and fees.

Just let it go....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Prices already rising on Symphony...

Same ocean balcony cabin that I could of booked for $2153 last night is now $2451 this morning.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

WOW.

nearly fell off my chair with the symphony pricing.

Over £300 per person increase on what we paid for Harmony and only £200 less for 3rd and 4th passengers (children)

will not be booking at them prices.

Ian.

I will need to know your stance on Brexit before sympathising with you haha.

But yes I totally agree our pound not being worth much anymore makes it much less affordable!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought all the 2018-2019 itineraries were being relased "the week of March 6th" -- that's what they said when I called. . . . . . . where are you getting the information that they wont be released until 3/16?????????????????????

I have no patience either, lol -

The agent I spoke to this morning seemed to reference some internal communication that had the date of 3/16 for Harmony release dates

Just called again and was told Independence for summer 2018 would be available to book March 20. Of course, I'll call again in an hour to see if the answer changes.

They've said all along that Europe would be released in two phases. I wonder if phase one will only be the Symphony?

I'm still waiting for the other Med cruises to be released as well to help out my son who wants a honeymoon cruise that stops in Dubrovnik. I'm also considering booking the 4 day Symphony for myself and DH just to check it out, and because I like having a big ship to do a quickie getaway trip.

*venting* These website issues are ridiculous. It's like trying for Hamilton tix the day they're released on Ticketmaster! Yes, I know I can always call... but it's frustrating. I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes to check a LOT of various cabins/dates/itineraries/ships, etc... A correctly functioning website allows for that!