Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Thanks am I right in thinking dreamworks is on freedom

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are still Dreamworks character appearances on the Freedom, but when we sailed a couple of weeks ago, we noticed that there were a lot fewer appearances than in past years when we sailed on the Oasis class vessels. On those ships we would see people in costumes randomly wandering the ship (we opened an elevator to find Gloria the Hippo riding it once). The way it is set up now is more a chance for the ship's photographers to snap a shot of your kids to try to sell you the photo. Most of the photo shoot locations now do not permit you to use your own camera, however, there still were two times on our 6 day sailing where you could take your own photos.

There are still Dreamworks character appearances on the Freedom, but when we sailed a couple of weeks ago, we noticed that there were a lot fewer appearances than in past years when we sailed on the Oasis class vessels. On those ships we would see people in costumes randomly wandering the ship (we opened an elevator to find Gloria the Hippo riding it once). The way it is set up now is more a chance for the ship's photographers to snap a shot of your kids to try to sell you the photo. Most of the photo shoot locations now do not permit you to use your own camera, however, there still were two times on our 6 day sailing where you could take your own photos.

We always buy the photo package so that doesn't bother me so much infact the more the better we have some amazing ones of not just the kids but us too having fun with the dreamworks characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone notice a theme with the new itineraries sailing from FL? There's nothing new and most are 'short'. In years past you'd find a fair offerings of voyages 8-14 days sailings. Was so hoping for something different, maybe hit Columbia from FLL. Maybe a Florida to ABC's. What about a San Juan to ABC+Eastern. How about a 8-10 night on an Oasis ship. Imagine if Oasis came out with a new "East to West" Caribbean 9-10 night trip hitting Cozumel, Grand Cayman, San Juan, St Thomas, St Kitts.

From the looks of it RC has ditched that concept and given us more 4 or 5 trips than before. Here's to hoping the new ships on order will cause some trip shakups to happen in 2019-20.

Anyone notice a theme with the new itineraries sailing from FL? There's nothing new and most are 'short'. In years past you'd find a fair offerings of voyages 8-14 days sailings. Was so hoping for something different, maybe hit Columbia from FLL. Maybe a Florida to ABC's. What about a San Juan to ABC+Eastern. How about a 8-10 night on an Oasis ship. Imagine if Oasis came out with a new "East to West" Caribbean 9-10 night trip hitting Cozumel, Grand Cayman, San Juan, St Thomas, St Kitts.

From the looks of it RC has ditched that concept and given us more 4 or 5 trips than before. Here's to hoping the new ships on order will cause some trip shakups to happen in 2019-20.

Colombia is typically on the PC sailings which Royal does not do anymore. Celebrity has a few on their 11 night Western Caribbean.

There are a few ships that visit the ABCs

Serenade on the 11 Nights, Navigator on the 9 Nights and Freedom will hit the ABCs on the 7 Nights from San Juan.

There's only so much "new" you can do with the Caribbean but I do like the new mix that Symphony and Allure will be doing on the Western Caribbean sailings.

I think RCI needs to 'mix it up' with their ships as we have had the same ships here in Europe for 3-4 years in a row and I am sure those wanting to sail out of Florida have sailed on the same ships time and time again. They should bring back some of the ships from Oz and Far East and sent a few different ones over to shake things up a bit over there too!

I think RCI needs to 'mix it up' with their ships as we have had the same ships here in Europe for 3-4 years in a row and I am sure those wanting to sail out of Florida have sailed on the same ships time and time again. They should bring back some of the ships from Oz and Far East and sent a few different ones over to shake things up a bit over there too!

Quantum Plus is coming. I'm sure we'll see a nice mix up next year. (even though she's probably Asia bound :eek: )

Sorry to repeat my question (no one answered)...but is FOS going to be doing the southern caribbean ...replacing AOS :confused:

All indications point to Freedom replacing Adventure, but no itineraries from the cruise line yet. I expect we will have more info in the next few days.

All indications point to Freedom replacing Adventure, but no itineraries from the cruise line yet. I expect we will have more info in the next few days.

Just off HOTS and booked 3 "place-holder reservations and when I brought this subject up (about Freedom vs Adventure) she looked at me like I was crazy...and said "we know nothing about any change like that"..... Somehow I wasn't surprised ;)

I know that's right. Why not some 9s and 5s or 10s and 4s. Do Key West, Labadee, St. Maarten. Anything different!

My guess is because a large percentage of their customers are not retired, not self-employed, and not able/willing to take longer than a week off from work to go on a cruise.

Adventure of the Seas - Snowbird Migration cruise, Quebec to Ft Lauderdale. 10/8/18 -10/21/18 13 nights

-Overnight in Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Sydney NS, Halifax, St John, Portland, Bar Harbor , Boston, Port Canaveral

Almost perfect. If only she wasn't doing that final night and instead ending a 12-night repo to her new home in PC ... :(

Are they available? I just checked and nothing is there yet.

Where are you able to book, tried my online TA then RCL website, no luck.

I called and booked through Club Royale. I would think you would be able to book through C&A, try calling again.

I just called D+ desk and was told Oct 2018 sailing on Anthem would not be available for booking until Wednesday.

I booked October 2018 sailing just now for Anthem with no problem, call C&A back.

I called and booked through Club Royale. I would think you would be able to book through C&A, try calling again.

I booked October 2018 sailing just now for Anthem with no problem, call C&A back.

No dice for me. I called D+ desk back and was again told Anthem October 2018 is not available for booking yet.

The only thing harder than trying to give RCI your money for a cruise using C&A desk or website is finding a salesclerk at Dillard's.