Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

In that case why would she return to Sydney if they can send her to SJ via the Panama Canal?

No idea why, it doesn't make sense but that's what the poster said staff told them. I thought someone also mentioned earlier that the voyager class can't go via panama due to the bridge of americas?

IF it is coming back (Seattle to Sydney) in Sept 2018 and then going to San Juan, I assume it would still stay in Australia for the whole season (until April 2019) then I guess it could reposition to San Juan via Asia/Middle East/Suez/Europe/TA.

But it still doesn't make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well if Explorer does go to San Juan, I'm hoping for longer cruises from there. If they keep 3 ships out of San Juan, we can still have the 2 7 day options on Jewel and Freedom. Maybe San Juan can do 10 or more night cruises.

Something like this?

San Juan

St. Thomas

St. Marteen

Antigua

Dominica

Barbados

At Sea

Bonaire

Curacao

Aruba

At Sea

At Sea

The 2018 TP on Explorer open for booking is Sydney to Seattle, which based on the info above is not changed (the poster advising the info is even booked on it). The 2018 TP in April is part of the 2017/2018 season, which are all available to book and no changes.

The poster is talking about the 2018/2019 season, in which they state Explorer won't have any more spring TP and after returning to Sydney from Seattle will go to San Juan.

We won't know until June when the 2018/2019 is released. Not too long now!

To me it is VERY strange that RC would put out the 2018-2019 season and have Explorer doing the TP?! !?? :confused: I know stranger things have happened! ! :eek:

"2019 23-Apr-19 23 Sydney Seattle Sydney to Seattle Hawaii, Fiji, Vanuatu, New Caledonia"

Well if Explorer does go to San Juan, I'm hoping for longer cruises from there. If they keep 3 ships out of San Juan, we can still have the 2 7 day options on Jewel and Freedom. Maybe San Juan can do 10 or more night cruises.

Something like this?

San Juan

St. Thomas

St. Marteen

Antigua

Dominica

Barbados

At Sea

Bonaire

Curacao

Aruba

At Sea

At Sea

While I would love to see 3 ships in SJU I just don't see that happening. Hope I am wrong but I just don't think RC would do that considering SJU is the "step child" of ports and the ships usually remain there for years and years and are always the LAST ships to get revitalized, etc. I also don't see them doing 10 nights out of SJU unless it happened to rotate with a 4 night. I would think IF they were to add a 3rd ship it might be do 3/4 night itineraries instead as I hear the 3 night JW sailing in April apparently was a much bigger "hit" than anyone had anticipated.

No idea why, it doesn't make sense but that's what the poster said staff told them. I thought someone also mentioned earlier that the voyager class can't go via panama due to the bridge of americas?

. . . .

I think that's right.

When Mariner left the west coast they went 'round the Horn. Wish I could've done that one:)

I think that's right.

When Mariner left the west coast they went 'round the Horn. Wish I could've done that one:)

At the time Mariner went around the horn, the limiting factor on the canal was the size of the locks.

I agree!

While I love it that RC is actually moving some ships around to give some variety, I find it weird that they would move EX to SJU after FR having only been there one year. (FR arrives in SJU May 2018).

What route would EX travel to get from Sydney (or wherever in that part of the world) to get to SJU?

It could follow a route similar to what the Mariner is doing in the spring of 18.

In that case why would she return to Sydney if they can send her to SJ via the Panama Canal?

Bridge of Americas on the Pacific side is the problem, not the new locks. When we went Around the Horn in 2009, there was no shorter route to get from Florida to California for Voyager Class.

IF it is coming back (Seattle to Sydney) in Sept 2018 and then going to San Juan, I assume it would still stay in Australia for the whole season (until April 2019) then I guess it could reposition to San Juan via Asia/Middle East/Suez/Europe/TA.

But it still doesn't make sense.

We'll all find out in June. :)

Could Anthem having the propulsion problems be the cause of the big ship shuffle?

It was reported here that Anthem staff were claiming they are off to Asia on a cruise last week.

I assume Anthem is too big for Freeport and the dry dock will be done in Asia or Europe.

A propulsion issue is very unlikely to be the reason for any ship repositioning and lower level staff talk of ship repositioning is many times inaccurate. We will know about Anthem's dry dock next year when we find out where Quantum's will take place - likely in Europe.

To me it is VERY strange that RC would put out the 2018-2019 season and have Explorer doing the TP?! !?? :confused: I know stranger things have happened! ! :eek:

"2019 23-Apr-19 23 Sydney Seattle Sydney to Seattle Hawaii, Fiji, Vanuatu, New Caledonia"

Tropicalgal, I see in your signature that you have April 23, 2019 TP booked??? Or am I mistaken?

If you have it booked, can you please provide me with the details on who you booked it through as it is not on Royal's site.

Or are you just jumping the gun? How do you know the ports of call? I thought a few of them changed from year to year.

Thank you

Could Anthem having the propulsion problems be the cause of the big ship shuffle?

It was reported here that Anthem staff were claiming they are off to Asia on a cruise last week.

I assume Anthem is too big for Freeport and the dry dock will be done in Asia or Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Anthem propulsion problems?

We just got off the Anthem this morning on the 9-nighter. Cruising was done at 20.8 knots for most of the trip.

One of the videos on board showed the Oasis drydock in Freeport to replace an azipod bearing. It was the length of the ship that resulted in the Oasis sticking out from the drydock and led to the use of a cofferdam for the azipod.

Interestingly, I checked yesterday afternoon and the cruises out of Sydney/Australia for early 2019, including two transpacific ones, were listed, but when I tried to book one it wouldn't load the booking page. So I called RCCL and the agent said that he could see it too but it wouldn't let him book it either. He called his supervisor who said that it was mistakenly put up on their website. I checked a little while later and they were taken down. :(

Interestingly, I checked yesterday afternoon and the cruises out of Sydney/Australia for early 2019, including two transpacific ones, were listed, but when I tried to book one it wouldn't load the booking page. So I called RCCL and the agent said that he could see it too but it wouldn't let him book it either. He called his supervisor who said that it was mistakenly put up on their website. I checked a little while later and they were taken down. :(

Royal Caribbean IT dept. at it's finest. [emoji2]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Forums mobile app

I don't suppose you made a note of the dates/itineraries/ships you could share on here?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

I don't suppose you made a note of the dates/itineraries/ships you could share on here?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately I didn't pay that much attention since I never expected them to disappear. I looked the closest at the transpacific ships/dates since that trip was the one I was looking for. There were two....the Radiance goes from Sydney to Honolulu and I think the date was like 4/17/19, but I am not sure on that exact date. And the second one was the Adventure or maybe the Explorer (it was a Voyager class ship for sure) from Sydney to Seattle leaving Sydney on 4/22/19. That's the best I can recall. Also, since clearly it was a mistake to have them posted, imo these ships/dates could just be "placeholders" until they finally decide what they are doing.

Edited by Merc85
corrected ship name