Do we need to make a reservation at Nachi Cocum?

SeaCBear

Hi everyone - we're hoping to visit Nachi Cocum in early January, and will get the All Inclusive package.

I know we can make a reservation on their site, but do we actually need one?

I'm just thinking that if we wake up that morning to a cool or wet day, we may decide not to go.

Thanks for any help!

Yes you need to make a reservation. Nachi is limited to 100 guests per day - you could taxi there only to find out it is booked up - then what? :confused:

If you are not prepared to book then plan on Paradise Beach or another beach club that is not limited and does not require reservations.

Hi everyone - we're hoping to visit Nachi Cocum in early January, and will get the All Inclusive package.

I know we can make a reservation on their site, but do we actually need one?

I'm just thinking that if we wake up that morning to a cool or wet day, we may decide not to go.

Thanks for any help!

I have heard of some people just turning up and getting in but there were also reports in the past of people not getting passed security if you didn't have a confirmed reservation. Not sure what the system is now. It's up to you if you want to take the chance.

...reports in the past of people not getting passed security if you didn't have a confirmed reservation...

^ This, exactly. The cab driver should ask if you have a reservation (ours did). It's a waste of everyone's time to get there and be turned away.

OP, I advise you to make the reservation. It's rare that there is only one ship in Coz on any given day, so chances are those 100 spots will go fast.

I'll take your advice and will make a reservation.

There are two ships in Cozumel that day, and even it's not sunny, we would still go. Hopefully it won't be pouring rain. :)

Unfortunately that was the case when my son and DIL booked. The weather was bad (windy and wet) but they felt obliged to go having pre-paid, in case the weather improved. They enjoyed it but didn't come back with rave reviews. They were looking for somewhere quiet, and obviously no one can control the weather, but I am not sure they would go again so I understand your concern.

We have not had many bad days in the Caribbean while cruising, maybe a shower for a short period of time, but unfortunately it can happen occasionally.

I would definitely make reservations. You only need to pay a $10 per person deposit at the time of reservation with the rest paid upon arrival.

Worst thing that could happen is that you lose the deposit if the weather is lousy.

Enjoy.. it's a nice relaxing place.

Cheers....

Gusman

I would definitely make reservations. You only need to pay a $10 per person deposit at the time of reservation with the rest paid upon arrival.

Worst thing that could happen is that you lose the deposit if the weather is lousy.

Enjoy.. it's a nice relaxing place.

Cheers....

Gusman

"No-shows" are charged, you would need to cancel.

We'd go back again for the food alone! It was phenomenal! For what it's worth, we had a torrential downpour at the end of one of our days there once - I mean, black storm clouds and flash flooding in the streets. It was definitely a story to tell and what can we say... our tummies were full and happy and we were still on vacation. ;):D

• 2 weeks later...

For what its worth, I just tried to book a reservation. For January 2018. The website says it is booked up. Not sure if it is a glitch or not, I'll check back occasionally but yeah, I guess a reservation is a good idea.