No Dynamic Dining for Ovation of the Seas

fairywren

Well, thats a huge turnaround. Thanks for the update. I am reading that email as the timing for the change will be during the transpacific in time for its arrival in Australia.

Feel for those who have gone to the trouble of booking the dinners and speciality restaurants already on the 14 nighters and have to go thru the whole process again now.

I read that as being DD ONLY during the repositioning cruise, prior to arrival in Australia?

I'd agree, since it's being withdrawn from Nov 27 on Anthem. As the Ovation cruise leaves 23 November, I'd expect that would be the last cruise to have it.

I can't see them operating DD in isolation on Ovation beyond that.

Who said Royal doesn't listen to it's customers?? Well I must admit I did cast doubt on wether emailing them about Dynamic Dining being cut would make any difference. :o

BUT I am pleased to be proven wrong as I have been emailing with Royal about this for a few weeks & I'm pleased to announce the people have been heard! So everyone who emailed them - congrats - we made a difference & will now be getting what we were promised!

DYNAMIC DINING IS BACK FOR THE AUSTRALIAN SEASON ON OVATION!!!

I'm so happy - wish we had a smiley doing a dance!

So a BIG THANKYOU to Royal Caribbean for actually listening & acting on feedback - an uncommon occurrence in todays world!

Great news, I think: I haven't had DD before so who knows but good that they have listened.:D

I read that as being DD ONLY during the repositioning cruise, prior to arrival in Australia?

I'd agree, since it's being withdrawn from Nov 27 on Anthem. As the Ovation cruise leaves 23 November, I'd expect that would be the last cruise to have it.

I can't see them operating DD in isolation on Ovation beyond that.

I read it as they are using that cruise to introduce it for the Aussie season and to see how it fares over our season.

I read it as they are using that cruise to introduce it for the Aussie season and to see how it fares over our season.

Exactly - no way they would be telling me they are having it on the repo cruise only & not on the Australia season since that is the very reason I have been emailing back & forth with them for the last few weeks!

Just the repo cruise for DD would not be 'listening to their guests' & would be a waste of time getting staff trained up again.

But, I'll email again asking for them to clarify it covers every cruise in the Australian season!

Exactly - no way they would be telling me they are having it on the repo cruise only & not on the Australia season since that is the very reason I have been emailing back & forth with them for the last few weeks!

Just the repo cruise for DD would not be 'listening to their guests' & would be a waste of time getting staff trained up again.

But, I'll email again asking for them to clarify it covers every cruise in the Australian season!

Cheers, I hope you and I are right.:D

Cheers, I hope you and I are right.:D

It's just not logical to do it on the repo only - what would be the point of that?

This is what I was told in the email prior from the same person in Royal which I think clarifies it further:

We are sorry that the Dynamic Dining modifications remain a concern. However, we have confirmed that when Ovation of the Seas repositions to Australia it will revert back to Dynamic Dining Choice and Dynamic Dining Classic. We believe listening to our guests is the key to continued success. Please accept our apologies for the disappointment our previous response may have caused.

When she repositions to Australia NOT during the repositioning is the vital piece of info in that! :D

It's just not logical to do it on the repo only - what would be the point of that?

This is what I was told in the email prior from the same person in Royal which I think clarifies it further:

We are sorry that the Dynamic Dining modifications remain a concern. However, we have confirmed that when Ovation of the Seas repositions to Australia it will revert back to Dynamic Dining Choice and Dynamic Dining Classic. We believe listening to our guests is the key to continued success. Please accept our apologies for the disappointment our previous response may have caused.

When she repositions to Australia NOT during the repositioning is the vital piece of info in that! :D

Good stuff, thanks for that.:D

Who said Royal doesn't listen to it's customers?? Well I must admit I did cast doubt on wether emailing them about Dynamic Dining being cut would make any difference. :o

BUT I am pleased to be proven wrong as I have been emailing with Royal about this for a few weeks & I'm pleased to announce the people have been heard! So everyone who emailed them - congrats - we made a difference & will now be getting what we were promised!

DYNAMIC DINING IS BACK FOR THE AUSTRALIAN SEASON ON OVATION!!!

Here is what Royal just emailed me (yes, before you ask, I have asked for further clarification on the finer points - like if it's DD in the original form or a my time/classic dining rotation through all 4 restaurants, if Grande is the formal restaurant etc).

EMAIL RECEIVED THIS MORNING:

Thank you for your additional email. I am happy to provide further clarification on the Dynamic Dining while the Ovation of the Seas is in Australia.

We have received a lot of feedback about the option being removed and believe that listening to our guests is the key to remaining successful. Therefore, we have opted to remove the Dynamic Dining while the ship is in the China market. However, during the repositioning of the ship to Australia we will be incorporating the Dynamic Dining prior to our arrival. I hope this additional information provides you with a full understanding of our anticipated actions.

We truly look forward to welcoming you onboard. I look forward to hearing from you after the sailing about your impression of the ship and your experience.

Sincerely,

Executive Office

Guest Experience Management

Royal Caribbean International

:D:):D:):D

I'm so happy - wish we had a smiley doing a dance!

So a BIG THANKYOU to Royal Caribbean for actually listening & acting on feedback - an uncommon occurrence in todays world!

Sorry to cause confusion BUT I just got off the phone to Customer Service and they said the information provided to you was incorrect and that Dynamic Dining would NOT be coming back. I even read them the email you quoted. So I guess it's a wait and see situation. I was also told that in relation to on Board Entertainment & Activities these will NOT be able to be booked before boarding. Your guess is as good as mine on what will actually happen. I would suggest looking everyday to see what becomes available.

Sorry to cause confusion BUT I just got off the phone to Customer Service and they said the information provided to you was incorrect and that Dynamic Dining would NOT be coming back. I even read them the email you quoted.

:confused:

Well this is confusing - are you two able to communicate via pm to see who is providing these contradictory answers?

I had emailed RCL to voice my disappointment at Dynamic dining being cancelled for our (originally booked Jan 2017 that RCL changed on us) Feb 20th 2017 cruise and also the fact that I had booked the Solarium bistro for dinner one night as it was showing as free...and sent the confirmation email as proof...below is their reply...

Hello Mrs.Wallace,

I am sorry to hear all you have been through with these changes. All your inquiries will be taken into consideration. We will keep you updated if any changes occur regarding Dynamic dinning. Regarding the Solarium you had booked will not be honored at this time . Truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have cost you.

Kind Regards

Ronald Maldonado

Supervisor

Sorry to cause confusion BUT I just got off the phone to Customer Service and they said the information provided to you was incorrect and that Dynamic Dining would NOT be coming back. I even read them the email you quoted. So I guess it's a wait and see situation. I was also told that in relation to on Board Entertainment & Activities these will NOT be able to be booked before boarding. Your guess is as good as mine on what will actually happen. I would suggest looking everyday to see what becomes available.

Customer Service where? If general customer service contacts I doubt they would know what is happening as they are often the last to know.

I have been dealing with the executive head office in the USA where the decisions are made so at this stage I'm hopeful what they are telling me is correct. This sort of thing will not filter down to the mainstream staff for a few weeks I would expect.

But as soon as I hear from them further regards all the details questions I will post back here. :)

I had emailed RCL to voice my disappointment at Dynamic dining being cancelled for our (originally booked Jan 2017 that RCL changed on us) Feb 20th 2017 cruise and also the fact that I had booked the Solarium bistro for dinner one night as it was showing as free...and sent the confirmation email as proof...below is their reply...

Hello Mrs.Wallace,

I am sorry to hear all you have been through with these changes. All your inquiries will be taken into consideration. We will keep you updated if any changes occur regarding Dynamic dinning. Regarding the Solarium you had booked will not be honored at this time . Truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have cost you.

Kind Regards

Ronald Maldonado

Supervisor

I would be telling RCI to shove their booking. Seems like the lured a lot of people in with free stuff, new and exciting dining, etc and now reneging on their promises.

Tell him that some OBC would help soften the blow of disappointment. :D

Customer Service where? If general customer service contacts I doubt they would know what is happening as they are often the last to know.

I have been dealing with the executive head office in the USA where the decisions are made so at this stage I'm hopeful what they are telling me is correct. This sort of thing will not filter down to the mainstream staff for a few weeks I would expect.

But as soon as I hear from them further regards all the details questions I will post back here. :)

I hope you are right. When we sailed on the Quantum we loved Dynamic Dining and booking changes were easy to request when on board. I also hope bookings open up for the entertainment and on board activities before boarding as it makes life so much easier. As you said, Customer Service in Sydney at least knows less than we do at least that's what past experience has taught us :-)

I would be telling RCI to shove their booking. Seems like the lured a lot of people in with free stuff, new and exciting dining, etc and now reneging on their promises.

To be honest I am not really phased at missing out on dining at the Solarium, it just looked interesting for a change given that it was "included". It was more the principle of them cancelling a booking without at least advising they had made an error that annoyed me.

I'd like to thank avalon007 for your efforts, I really hope RCI listens and we all get the dining experience that we PAID for.

It is not so new, Princess had a similar concept but not as in depth not so long ago. The Diamond had the 4 MDRs, each with a signature dish and a themed décor.