Ladies Drink Free ??

Team

At" the sunset bar and grill" in St Maraaten do topless ladies still drink free at the bar ??

Something to watch when the planes aren't landing I guess.

That was the cast years ago not sure if it still applies??

This one's actually clever.:D

karysa, didn't expect to see you join in here like that.

I really don't understand disparaging people's bodies with the comments like 'those who do, shouldn't and those who don't should' that one sees in discussions like this one or in discussions of toplessness or nudity on Orient Beach or elsewhere.

Regarding the practice, here's a view of the sign cropped to clean up the scene enough or it would be NSFW. (It's still mentioned on their website, but that gets REALLY not safe for work after just a couple clicks.) :)

th_topless%201.jpg

As to the origin of the tradition, this is what I posted here many years ago:

Neil Rooney, who owned Sun Set Beach Bar (SSBB) at the time tells the story this way:

The "Topless Women Drink 4 Free" started in early 1997.

There were these three Dutch guys who ran a Tandem Skydive operatiom. Well, they were suffering from bad weather and were drowning thier sorrows at the bar.

There was a group of several young ladies, sunbathing topless on the beach, about 40 feet from D bar.

After several trips to D bar, having put their tops on for the trip, one of the boys jumped over the bar and erased the "drink of D day" sign and wrote "Topless Women Drink 4 FREE".

And as is said, the rest is history.

During the ensuing years, I have witnessed MANY more young ladies drinking for free than older generations, not that there's anything wrong with that.

gary

karysa, didn't expect to see you join in here like that.

I really don't understand disparaging people's bodies with the comments like 'those who do, shouldn't and those who don't should' that one sees in discussions like this one or in discussions of toplessness or nudity on Orient Beach or elsewhere.

Regarding the practice, here's a view of the sign cropped to clean up the scene enough or it would be NSFW. (It's still mentioned on their website, but that gets REALLY not safe for work after just a couple clicks.) :)

th_topless%201.jpg

As to the origin of the tradition, this is what I posted here many years ago:

Neil Rooney, who owned Sun Set Beach Bar (SSBB) at the time tells the story this way:

The "Topless Women Drink 4 Free" started in early 1997.

There were these three Dutch guys who ran a Tandem Skydive operatiom. Well, they were suffering from bad weather and were drowning thier sorrows at the bar.

There was a group of several young ladies, sunbathing topless on the beach, about 40 feet from D bar.

After several trips to D bar, having put their tops on for the trip, one of the boys jumped over the bar and erased the "drink of D day" sign and wrote "Topless Women Drink 4 FREE".

And as is said, the rest is history.

During the ensuing years, I have witnessed MANY more young ladies drinking for free than older generations, not that there's anything wrong with that.

gary

I liked that comment because it reminded me of a joke my husband and I heard years ago about an old married couple having breakfast in the buff together. The woman said warmly to her husband "after all of these years dear I still have the hots for you" the husband gazed at her lovingly and said "darling that's because one of your breasts is in the hot coffee and the other in the hot oatmeal."

To me that comment had some validity to it. I didn't find it offensive, and depending on the height of the bar AND the stool, I could fit into that category myself. :eek:lol