Allure - Zipline recommended times to beat lines

INCHARGE

My biggest adventure on the ship will be ziplining several times. I did my online consent forms already, and I know you can't have loose jewelry or sandals ( must wear tied shoes, i.e: sneakers.) So, is it best to run up there as soon as we board? Does anyone have the hours of operation on the Allure? We have one of the Boardwalk balconies, so I can run up the 2 flights to get there. My grandsons told me not to knock any kids down getting to it! :) speaking of kids, what is the age limit for this? Thanks for any info.

The Zipline is usually open sometime during port calls. In Labadee we generally get off early before it gets any hotter, go for a relaxing swim, wander around a little, and are back on the ship for lunch (same food as ashore plus other choices). When we have then gone to the Zipline there were NO other customers, and they BEGGED us to go multiple times.

Semi sarcastic comment...If it is overcast and it looks like rain may be coming. Scares people away in case they close it down if it starts raining.

If I recall correctly there seems to fewer people in line on port days. But overall I think if you periodically check you will find short lines. The flowrider(s) seem to be busier and thus more consistently have lines.

We found a great time to go was after breakfast right when it opened. I forget offhand, but it was around 9 a m. My son went about 8 times in a row. It was great as he didn't even have to remove the equipment.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

We found a great time to go was after breakfast right when it opened. I forget offhand, but it was around 9 a m. My son went about 8 times in a row. It was great as he didn't even have to remove the equipment.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

I have made note of this, thanks. I think maybe I will go before breakfast for the first time! Lol

Semi sarcastic comment...If it is overcast and it looks like rain may be coming. Scares people away in case they close it down if it starts raining.

If I recall correctly there seems to fewer people in line on port days. But overall I think if you periodically check you will find short lines. The flowrider(s) seem to be busier and thus more consistently have lines.

Thanks. Nothing you said is semi sarcastic. I understand completely. I'll also watch for cloudy weather and make my way up there. Thanks

We just completed our first trip on an Oasis class ship (Allure) and DW and I had to try the zipline. DW had no problems doing it, she loves these kinds of rides, I'm the exact opposite. But it was good fun.

Only suggestion is not to wait till the last day. We were on the E Caribbean with 2 sea days at the end and the weather wasn't too good on the last day. DW and I were amongst the last 3-5 people who did it and then they shut it down.

The lines were never too long. It moved fast and since it was right next to the florider, there was always some kind of entertainment.

Here's the answer I received when I asked that question 2 weeks ago, Thanks for asking again. More good input.

The line (waiting time) for Zip line onboard was always reasonable. We went on the Zip line four times each. The wait was always five to seven people ahead of us and we waited at least 12 to 15 minutes each time. In my opinion the best time was when it opened in the afternoon at 2:15. Nobody was waiting and the one time we went at 2:10 we were the first people in line. The line started after others realized that the Zip line had opened again. Hope this helps.[/

Thanks for the additional information! I have written the times suggested. I think I'm going to try the 9am and 2:10, even if DH wants to stay in the cabin. He can video my first time from our Boardwalk cabin! I'm going to rush from the cabin like a little kid rushing to an amusement park ride. I'm a big old kid at heart. :D

OP mentioned having to wear tie on shoes. Can one wear Sketchers slip on walking shoes that have a snug fit?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It will depend on who is operating the zip line that day and how they feel like interpreting the guidelines. Worst case they will lend you a pair of shoes.

OP mentioned having to wear tie on shoes. Can one wear Sketchers slip on walking shoes that have a snug fit?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I wear those all the time. So comfy.

They gave me a pair of the shoes to wear (think they are same as the rock wall ones). Probably for the better as I'd hate to have to search for my Go Walks if they did fall off (nor would someone want to get hit by a shoe from below).

Edited by LuCruise