If you live in FLL

Amolin

Just a quick question to those familiar with FLL

We will be in FLL for the Boat Show and plan to leave on Saturday for a cruise on X leaving from Miami. (First X cruise in over 10 years. HAL did not have an itinerary that appealed to us - so we are giving X another chance - will write a review when we return)

Anyway - what can we expect traffic-wise due to the boat show ? We planned to use a car service from Embassy Suites to the Miami pier. Can anyone make a recommendation? We hope to arrive in Miami around 11 - what time should we plan to leave FLL?

Thanks in advance for all of the help.

fLL Bost WShow draws huge numbers.I you plan to hav e dinner in a nice rESTAURANTSA, i WOULD suggest making a reservation before you get to FL. YOU ARE Sailing out of Miami, why are you staying .... especially given it is Boat Shoe time. in FLL pre-cruise?

Edited by sail7seas

Just a quick question to those familiar with FLL

We will be in FLL for the Boat Show and plan to leave on Saturday for a cruise on X leaving from Miami. (First X cruise in over 10 years. HAL did not have an itinerary that appealed to us - so we are giving X another chance - will write a review when we return)

Anyway - what can we expect traffic-wise due to the boat show ? We planned to use a car service from Embassy Suites to the Miami pier. Can anyone make a recommendation? We hope to arrive in Miami around 11 - what time should we plan to leave FLL?

Thanks in advance for all of the help.

Poster POA, here on this board, would be your best source

If you plan to leave by 9:30, you should have plenty of time to arrive at the Miami pier by 11:00 AM.

When I disembarked in Miami a few years ago, I was at the Ft. Lauderdale airport in just under an hour. It was normal weekend traffic---not light, but not heavy, either.

Fort Lauderdale is our choice for a pre or post cruise port too :)

I can understand why you are staying at Embassy Suites ;)

It's not a long trip to Miami at all (in fact we are flying there and then going to FLL next year and arrived in Miami on O last year and went straight to FLL). Once you are out of the rush traffic of the boat show in FLL I think you should be just fine.

Hopefully POA1 weighs in, but I honestly don't see an issue (and everyone knows I am Ms. Cautious)

Thanks for all of the answers. We are attending the boat show and figured as long as we were down already we would continue on to a cruise. We have been sailing on HAL for close to 10 years and I do lurk on this board constantly so I felt more at ease asking here than other places.

Only giving X another try as there were no HAL cruises that appealed to us leaving that weekend.