Sydney airport to Circular Quay

zuzuflub

I have previously taken the train but this time there will be 5 of us travelling and luggage. Too many for a taxi and train price will be expensive. Are taxi vans cheaper than the train and available at the airport or do I need to prebook?

5 people with luggage is a hard number to accommodate with a vehicle and as such may be pushing closer to that $85 plus. That said, I think a car would be worth it, as it will pick you up and drop you exactly at the terminal and you will not have to cart the luggage to and from the train stations.

Thanks for the link ☺ Not sure I can follow it though, they do make things complicated ! Do you think it would cost more than 5 people taking a train? Think it was about $17 each so $85 ish?

Because of the 150% loading I'd expect prices to be close.

We will be x5 with luggage from Sydney Airport too and was told by the good folks at the YHA in Sydney that the maxi taxi would be the better option price-wise for our group. Easy to get from the airport and takes you direct to the drop off point. No struggling with luggage on and off the train and then having to walk once off the train, don't have to buy tickets, just one easy payment, it just seems more convenient and easier to get a maxi taxi.

We will be x5 with luggage from Sydney Airport too and was told by the good folks at the YHA in Sydney that the maxi taxi would be the better option price-wise for our group. Easy to get from the airport and takes you direct to the drop off point. No struggling with luggage on and off the train and then having to walk once off the train, don't have to buy tickets, just one easy payment, it just seems more convenient and easier to get a maxi taxi.

I agree totally. We are only two people, but always get a taxi. It might cost us a few extra dollars, but it is worth it for the convenience.:)

I agree totally. We are only two people, but always get a taxi. It might cost us a few extra dollars, but it is worth it for the convenience.:)

Exactly...You are on Holiday...Who needs hassle?

We dont sweat the small stuff, we look at the overall total cost .

You may find that the maxi taxi and train end up costing quite the same. I would opt for the taxi, the benefit of not having to carry your luggage into a train is reason enough for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe with the large group of people, the taxi could be cheaper. :)

with 3 or more people a taxi will work out almost the same cost as the train but with less hassle. We travelling as a couple normally travel by train. We find it generally quicker and because the train goes direct to Circular Quay not that inconvenient

with 3 or more people a taxi will work out almost the same cost as the train but with less hassle. We travelling as a couple normally travel by train. We find it generally quicker and because the train goes direct to Circular Quay not that inconvenient

Agreed, with five people and luggage though, it means two cabs or a maxi taxi but even then the costs would likely be cheaper than the train. It is certainly more convenient. Also if the cruise is leaving from White Bay then the cab is better not matter how many people there are.

Edited by MicCanberra

Agreed, with five people and luggage though, it means two cabs or a maxi taxi but even then the costs would likely be cheaper than the train. It is certainly more convenient. Also if the cruise is leaving from White Bay then the cab is better not matter how many people there are.

Many of our cruises have been from White Bay. Taxi fare from the airport is $55 - $60 (only once was it this high).

Many of our cruises have been from White Bay. Taxi fare from the airport is $55 - $60 (only once was it this high).

The alternatives are poor. There is

• a train to CQ and then the ferry (if it is running that day) around $30 pp or
  • a train to Central and then the shuttle bus, around $35 pp or
  • a train to Central and then a cab, $18 pp + $30 for the cab.

May as well just get the cab from the airport.

I partly agree, as the main reason is due to the Airport levy of $15 that causes the cost to be $18 pp, for $3 pp it would be great.

Were it not for the airport fee the line would not have been extended for the Olympic Games. Some benefits take a lot of years to pay off

Were it not for the airport fee the line would not have been extended for the Olympic Games. Some benefits take a lot of years to pay off

That is why I said I agree partly, I would like more infrastructure projects to be started and invested into all over Australia so that we can keep up with the population expansion.

That is why I said I agree partly, I would like more infrastructure projects to be started and invested into all over Australia so that we can keep up with the population expansion.

Spending over $AUD170 million on whether or not Australia should have same sex marriage is more important just as we spent $NZ23 million on should we change our flag (which failed). What is really important pales into insignificance when politicians go looking for votes and push personal agendas

Spending over $AUD170 million on whether or not Australia should have same sex marriage is more important just as we spent $NZ23 million on should we change our flag (which failed). What is really important pales into insignificance when politicians go looking for votes and push personal agendas

Yes, a total waste of money. Whether you support it, don't support it or don't care, it is something that can be changed (or not, depending on the votes) within the 'house', just as it was the same legislation that a former PM and government changed without consultation to make it illegal.

Edited by MicCanberra