Last weds. Dominic, in fos spa, cut my hair

AmberTeka

IT WAS ...................... a wonderful haircut and syle. It was the first time for us on RCI. First time I had ever been to the Spa. ( I have RA, and was having a flare. Wanted to spare my wrist but still have clean hair.)

Cost was $59 and that included tip. I tipped extra when I saw what I looked like in the mirror. I am picky about my hair. But I was sick of it looking a mess. I asked him to trim and even it out. He used scissors. Worked quickly. Used a blow dryer and curling rod at same time to dry and set. ( style stayed in for a good while too) After he brushed it, he took his hands and flipped this and that.......................I looked Good. Honest.

He is from Poland. He told me his dream was to one day own salons named just Dominick. With his talent, I think he will do just that.

We had a good cruise. But I am a Carnival, Princess person. I enjoy the perks we have earned on both lines.

But when it comes to hair............Dominick knows hair. And picky people know that when your hair is cut well......it falls into shape when you wash and blow dry it. I did today. My hair looks great. Almost worth taking another cruise in six weeks to get him to cut it again. Wish I had the FUNDS!!!

I HAD to give a shout out for him. He is exceptionally talented. IF you are on Freedom of the Seas for the next few months, and want a wash, trim and Set...............He is the man to see.

Not related. Not Polish. I am Scotch and French, and like most Americans, some Hispanic, some Italian, Some Greek, Some Finnish, Some, Swedish....................Never met him. Don't know anyone who is related to him. Never been to Poland or on RCI FOS before.

I was just very, very pleased at the haircut I walked out of the FOS spa with and I am enjoying it today.

Edited by AmberTeka

Cost was $59 and that included tip.

I find that is very reasonable, especially with tip included. Glad to hear your good report. I don't think it's very often that we read about someone getting their hair cut on board - most people have it done before they leave on vacation and use the spa and salon for other services.

By the way, it's great to give a glowing review here for a great staff or crew member, but if you really want to make an impact you need to mention this on your post-cruise survey, which should be e-mailed to you soon (if not already). They take the surveys very seriously and mentioning someone by name is the fastest and best way to reward them.

Glad you had a terrific experience. I do as well. I like to get hi lights and low lights and color when on the ships.....they use Wella color which most land salons around me don't and it stays...wow does it stay. I love it and amazing stylists as well on board. Not sure how they can do what they do especially in some of the seas but they do.

When you sail more with Royal you will get discounts in the spa also probably similar to what you get with your perks on the other lines. I enjoy the Steiner salons and love Elemis.

Thanks for the information on sending my comments to the beauty and style section. I will do that.

The comment from the lady who also is plagued with R.A. expressed a point I was trying to make, and she did it much better. When you are having a flare with your hands, or sore, achy shoulder or arm, even lifting your arm can be painful.

To have your hair cut with scissors, layered, and done in such a way that it falls into place is a blessing. It also takes a lot of skill to do it. Today, I was able to use some hair gel, let it dry and it looked like I had put a lot of time into doing it. It simply is a gift. We were out doing errands and such all day long...............and my hair looked nice. Not sloppy. A small thing but important to me.

I thought the price was more than reasonable. And after hearing that RCI does hair color that well...............I totally

believe it.

Our Waiter & Asst. Waiter told us to be sure and fill out the survey RCI sends around. I always fill out the ones Princess and Carnival send around. I made sure they wrote their names so I could get them correctly in the Survey. Alas,our cabin steward......we did not get his name. My husband tipped him extra, as we did the Two wonderful, funny guys who made going to the MDR a pleasure each night

The Service on RCE was wonderful. I have to admit that. So I will be sure and add Dominick to the list of people who made us feel special every day.

Edited by AmberTeka

I had gotten a really bad haircut just prior to a Celebrity cruise once (my regular hairdresser later explained that she wasn't feeling well that day - she should have just cancelled the appointment). Anyway, I couldn't stand myself so made an appointment at the spa. The hairdresser was a young gal from Ireland with multi-color hair sticking out in all directions. She came at me with an open scissor and started slashing - yikes! When she finished, I realized I had gotten the best haircut ever. It fell immediately into place no matter what I did to it. Wish I could have packed her into my suitcase.

I've gone. You two are so beautiful and that is an amazing photo. :)

I love those photos.

Those braids are stunning.

I wish I had taken a photo of my hair that night. It still looked good the next day, and when my husband and I boarded the ship after an excursion in the Cayman Islands, the lady who was beeping our S&S cards that pulled up our photos.,.....Well!!

She told me I had a lovely face.

. I am sixty nine years old. YOU KNOW that made my day. I give all of the credit to Dominic.

He did my hair short. Full. ( BIG hair) And then he used his hands to push and shove it around and I looked sophisticated indeed.

IT WAS ...................... a wonderful haircut and syle. It was the first time for us on RCI. First time I had ever been to the Spa. ( I have RA, and was having a flare. Wanted to spare my wrist but still have clean hair.)

Cost was $59 and that included tip. I tipped extra when I saw what I looked like in the mirror. I am picky about my hair. But I was sick of it looking a mess. I asked him to trim and even it out. He used scissors. Worked quickly. Used a blow dryer and curling rod at same time to dry and set. ( style stayed in for a good while too) After he brushed it, he took his hands and flipped this and that.......................I looked Good. Honest.

He is from Poland. He told me his dream was to one day own salons named just Dominick. With his talent, I think he will do just that.

We had a good cruise. But I am a Carnival, Princess person. I enjoy the perks we have earned on both lines.

But when it comes to hair............Dominick knows hair. And picky people know that when your hair is cut well......it falls into shape when you wash and blow dry it. I did today. My hair looks great. Almost worth taking another cruise in six weeks to get him to cut it again. Wish I had the FUNDS!!!

I HAD to give a shout out for him. He is exceptionally talented. IF you are on Freedom of the Seas for the next few months, and want a wash, trim and Set...............He is the man to see.

Not related. Not Polish. I am Scotch and French, and like most Americans, some Hispanic, some Italian, Some Greek, Some Finnish, Some, Swedish....................Never met him. Don't know anyone who is related to him. Never been to Poland or on RCI FOS before.

I was just very, very pleased at the haircut I walked out of the FOS spa with and I am enjoying it today.

I have had my hair done by Dominique on the FOS too and he is really very good! So double shout out to Dominique. The other guy (forgot his name) is good too......I saw him doing someone else's hair while Dominique was working on mine.

On the Liberty of the Seas last year, because of all the mirrors in the cabin, I was able to see the back of my hair. I was appalled at how bad it looked and I had just had it cut before my cruise. I went to the spa onboard and ended up having it cut by Georgina from Zimbabwe. What a fantastic haircut! I liked it so much that when I went back on Liberty two months later I had her cut it again! I never went back to the girl that had been cutting my hair and have since found a new hairdresser that I'm very happy with!

Great stories! I also had a great experience getting a glossy temporary color that I thought would be fun for the week. It made me feel great. I'll be on FOS in a few months. Hope Dominick is still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for sharing.