Locate your favorite Alchemist!

MasterMason

Anyone know which ships for Apple or Adri? We last saw them on Liberty. Plus a random observation, we sailed on the Dream Oct 2016 and had a curious conversation with our lovely bartender in the Ocean Plaza. She told us Dream would be getting Alchemy during dry dock (which we already knew). I asked her if she would be training to be an Alchemist. She told me, sadly those jobs go to Eastern Europeans primarily. She couldn't ( or wouldn't) explain the reason for this. I told her I had met several, and indeed most were EE; however I had the pleasure of being served many drinks by Apple and she was Asian. So lets hear, are any of your favorites other than EE???

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

We love the Alchemy Bar as well! The past two cruises we have taken part in the Master Mixologist class, usually held on the last sea day around 2:00 pm. You are part of a small class at the Alchemy Bar, learn a little, laugh and drink a lot. This last Thanksgiving cruise on Sunshine we told Alexandru that we wanted to sign up for the class. He said it wasn't definite and that he got to know people before he would decide to do it. We had never encountered this but we shrugged and said okay. We went to the Alchemy every night, got to know Alexandru but the class was never mentioned again. On the last sea day we walked past the Alchemy Bar a little after 2:00 and nothing was happening. We thought it was odd that such a fun class wouldn't be run. Has this happened to anyone else?

For the life of me, I can't remember who we had on Valor in September, but he was fabulous. He made this amazing drink with fresh strawberries, fresh basil, and strawberry infused vodka. I'm hoping the next alchemist I sail with will be able to reproduce it.

Anyone know which ships for Apple or Adri? We last saw them on Liberty. Plus a random observation, we sailed on the Dream Oct 2016 and had a curious conversation with our lovely bartender in the Ocean Plaza. She told us Dream would be getting Alchemy during dry dock (which we already knew). I asked her if she would be training to be an Alchemist. She told me, sadly those jobs go to Eastern Europeans primarily. She couldn't ( or wouldn't) explain the reason for this. I told her I had met several, and indeed most were EE; however I had the pleasure of being served many drinks by Apple and she was Asian. So lets hear, are any of your favorites other than EE???

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

I think Adri is no longer with Carnival. When we had her in 2014, she told us she was doing one more contract and then returning to South Africa. She was also planning her wedding. Not sure if she stuck with that plan or not.

We love the Alchemy Bar as well! The past two cruises we have taken part in the Master Mixologist class, usually held on the last sea day around 2:00 pm. You are part of a small class at the Alchemy Bar, learn a little, laugh and drink a lot. This last Thanksgiving cruise on Sunshine we told Alexandru that we wanted to sign up for the class. He said it wasn't definite and that he got to know people before he would decide to do it. We had never encountered this but we shrugged and said okay. We went to the Alchemy every night, got to know Alexandru but the class was never mentioned again. On the last sea day we walked past the Alchemy Bar a little after 2:00 and nothing was happening. We thought it was odd that such a fun class wouldn't be run. Has this happened to anyone else?

We were on the Sunshine in early December and asked him the same question on the first day. He was very short with us and said "he didn't know". We were there every night and had a great repor with Boyan and Diana but Alexandr remained unfriendly and somewhat rude. And even scolded both of the others right in front of us one night. Quite unprofessional.

We were on the Sunshine in early December and asked him the same question on the first day. He was very short with us and said "he didn't know". We were there every night and had a great repor with Boyan and Diana but Alexandr remained unfriendly and somewhat rude. And even scolded both of the others right in front of us one night. Quite unprofessional.

Good to know we weren't the only ones confused by Alexandru. I detailed our experience on my comment card on line to Carnival. I hope the next Carnival cruise we take allows us to take part in the Master Mixologist class. Thanks for sharing your experience, mimxmom!

Brian and Ionna are on the Victory. Had Ionna for the Vista inaugural and she was wonderful. When she saw my wife and I walk around the corner on Victory, she ran out from behind the bar to give us hugs! :D

Edited by Kevin_Mac

Anna Maria Lucaci on the Vista is awesome.... I ave followed her from ship to ship after she took such great care of my wife and I when my wife was dealing with cancer. I have seen her on Elation 6 times, Liberty 3 times, Sunshine once and will soon see her on Vista!

Brian and Ionna are on the Victory. Had Ionna for the Vista inaugural and she was wonderful. When she saw my wife and I walk around the corner on Victory, she ran out from behind the bar to give us hugs! :D

Ionna was on the Victory a couple of years ago when they first opened the Alchemy Bar. She was FANTASTIC and taught us well!! ;) :D

I have only been on 1 ship with an Alchemy Bar (the Vista) so my experience with different Alchemists is rather limited, haha. However, there were 2 working at the bar when I was onboard (October 21st-November 16th 2016, I did a B2B) and the one I got my drinks from was AnnaMaria (I'm pretty sure that's how her name is spelled). She was (well, I'm sure still is) fantastic!! :D Not only did she make amazing drinks (and did it with style) she was extremely good at remember what drinks people liked and remembering people's names. After the 1st time we were there, we saw her somewhere else on the ship a few days later and she greeted us by name, with a huge smile and gave us a hug. I was impressed, we'd only been there once at that point and like I said, it was a few days earlier. How many people (hundreds?) had she seen since then and she remembered us? I'm sure she remembers everyone the same way but it is impressive that she can not only remember faces, but also the names that go with those faces (especially after only seeing someone once). That's something I could never do (I can usually remember faces but not names, I have to talk to someone and ask their name at least twice before I can remember it). I loved seeing her both at the Alchemy Bar and elsewhere around the ship for the rest of the cruise(s). Such a great person!! The drinks were incredible as well, I had at least 2 whenever I was there. I hope to see her again sometime either on the Vista on some other Carnival ship!! :D Is there a way to find out what ships crew members are on at any given time? AnnaMaria isn't the only one from the Vista I'd like to sail with again.

Anna Maria Lucaci on the Vista is awesome.... I ave followed her from ship to ship after she took such great care of my wife and I when my wife was dealing with cancer. I have seen her on Elation 6 times, Liberty 3 times, Sunshine once and will soon see her on Vista!

I recently spent 33 days with her on a B2B2B...Love her and got a little teary saying goodbye. Tell her Debbie said to make you her famous Jagermeister martini.

Enjoy your cruise.

( you will love Teodora also...Gabriel came on when I disembarked.

September 2016 Carnival Triumph! That was my first time at Alchemy and fell in love. Not sure if it was the alchemist or the drinks. Probably a mixture of the two. That sailing we had the pleasure of meeting Olga, Filip, and Diana. Olga was the head alchemist who served us our first libations. She had me at Hello! She is from the Ukraine and was sweet as pie! I hope when I go back on the Triumph in April she is still there! Has anyone had the pleasure of meeting one of these three? Or know where Olga is??

Was on Triumph in September as well...Olga is one of my favorite bartenders.

Yeah, if we'd been stuck with that cruise I would have drank heavily as well.:D

It was actually one of the best cruises I have ever been on. We had a blast!! it is all what you make of it :) Carnival took care of the people that were on that sailing, I have no complaints.

• 9 months later...
I think a list of Alchemists is way more important then a list cruise directors. IMO.:cocktail:

Ha! I agree with this!!

We are leaving on Vista next Saturday and I actually hope Gabriel is not at Alchemy. He made a good drink but WOW he was into himself and loved to talk. It's like he can't work and talk at the same time;p

But any Alchemy bar is a good Alchemy bar!!