St Maartin

dadream

We will be sailing into St Maartin next year, can anyone tell me of any good things to do at that port?? We will also be going into San Juan, anything there good to do?? Thanks so much!!

We have done the Catamaran Mirabella twice now and really, really enjoy it. I believe it was like $75 pp and they take you out for about 4-4.5 hours, you stop a place to snorkel over a sunken helicopter, submarine, etc and they feed the fish.

Then they take you to a beach for some beach time. We went to Maho Beach last year and Mullet Bay the time before. We LOVED Mullet Bay, absolutely beautiful!

And then on the way back they provide you with sandwiches, snacks, rum punch, other mixed drinks, or soda!

The crew is really friendly and it has always been a good time!

I've heard some great things about non-ship excursions, and that is what we're going to do in February. The excursion we're looking at goes to Orient Beach for a couple of hours, then Maho Beach (the "airport beach"). It is 4.5 hours, and costs 36 per person. If this sounds good to you, google St Maaren Beach tours, and you'll see several well reviewed options.

I highly recommend Bernard's Tours. You get a great tour of the island with stops at a couple of beaches and other sites, plus a cooler full of beer and rum punch! We had DJ Dave on our last trip there in 2014 and will be going again in March 2017.

I generally recommend a cruise line sponsored island tour for first time visitors. One that takes you out to the French side and includes a boat tour of the bays the best.

If you're looking for a more relaxed visit go to the beach in Great Bay (a short water taxi away from the ship). Shopping is a block in from the “boardwalk” promenade so everything is in reach. When you get off the water taxi a lot of folks will try to steer you to a particular site but went to the area in front of the Holland House hotel and used the beach (restrooms available): $25 for 2 chairs, umbrella, and a bucket of beers (5). Have a great day

We will be sailing into St Maartin next year, can anyone tell me of any good things to do at that port?? We will also be going into San Juan, anything there good to do?? Thanks so much!!

Google 3 island snorkeling in St Maarten for a great snorkeling tour. The airplane Maho beach is unique, but its crowded, narrow and the surf is rough (not because of airplanes, but the shape of the beach).

If you have never been to San Juan, you should walk to both of the Forts. You can get in both for $10. Lots of little hole-in-the-wall shops and restaurants. My 12 year old has to have empanadas when ever we are in San Juan.

I recommend Captain Bob's excursion in St Maarten! Just a few mins walk from the ship and it makes for a truly unforgettable day! I can't say enough good things about Captain Bob's. Here is a link to their website. Check them out on TripAdvisor, as well.

http://www.soualigadestinations.com/soualiga_destinations/Welcome.html

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by YogisWifey

I highly recommend Bernard's Tours. You get a great tour of the island with stops at a couple of beaches and other sites, plus a cooler full of beer and rum punch! We had DJ Dave on our last trip there in 2014 and will be going again in March 2017.

I love Bernard's Tours. Been there twice and used his company both times. Modern vans and great guides!

And another vote for Bernard's Tours - great rum punch (and soft drinks) get to see lots of the island and depending on which tour you pick, you can get beach time as well with it ending up on Maho beach to watch the planes.

Great fun and fits in with your ashore time.