2C Recommendations on Eclipse

OceanMonarch

We had 6156 a 2C an obstructed angled balcony.

It was Near the lifts and very quiet. Great location. We just loved it.

The lifeboat was only up to the floor of the balcony so good views with one divot to the side which didn't obstruct our views

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jackieo

Thought we found some Robins' paraphanelia when we were last in 6156...

Edited by Crown Vic

The lifeboat was only up to the floor of the balcony so good views with one divot to the side which didn't obstruct our views

Thanks for the info. As we are on the opposite side I have read that there are smoking locations on Deck 5. Does anyone know if smoking is permitted close to this cabin?

Smoking area is aft on deck 5 port side. Find out if 6157 is available. Like 6156 it's angled with larger balcony and great location. If not, any port side 2C forward of the mid-ship elevators should not be an issue with smoking.

6155 is available. Should we reserve this one? A little concerned about the view of the lifeboat but will take your advice.

Smoking area is aft on deck 5 port side. Find out if 6157 is available. Like 6156 it's angled with larger balcony and great location. If not, any port side 2C forward of the mid-ship elevators should not be an issue with smoking.

If we are on the Silhouette in 6300 will we be affected by cigarette smoke??? I'm allergic and the cruise is sold out :

We had 6240 starboard on the Solstice and loved the large veranda with the teeny boat below us. But I would also suggest the last 8 2Cs on both port and starboard sides that have a larger veranda but the obstruction is the dining room roof below. One time we had a Deck 6 Sky Suite that also had the dining room roof below, so it should be fine to book one of those 2Cs.

I don't think there would be much difference between 6155 and 6157 except that in 6155 bed is next to bath and sofa is by the balcony. Lifeboats shouldn't be an issue. Pretty sure they aren't installed on the angels.

Try to avoid 6241 to 6249. In the past, there have been complaints posted about issues from the smoking area above these cabins on deck 5.

Smoking area is as you say just aft of the hump. Although normally on port side it can be moved to starboard due to wind.

We have 6155 booked on the Eclipse in November.

We had 6157 on the Reflection last year and loved the larger balcony, but the next one along (6155) looked even bigger.

We are very happy to have nabbed that one this year.

OP - We have 6155 assigned on a balcony guarantee - much earlier than we thought considering this is a Christmas cruise. Do you have any photos from the balcony of 6157?

OP - We have 6155 assigned on a balcony guarantee - much earlier than we thought considering this is a Christmas cruise. Do you have any photos from the balcony of 6157?

I don't have any photos of 6157 but, you will be very happy with 6155.

Enjoy your cruise.

It did get some sun. The thing we loved about this partly obstructed balcony was that the view wasn't compromised. The davit didn't bother us at all. It Was to one side you could look straight out with a great view.

Hopefully this photo will show better

0e8432ddf7567a8b1aa1239c4ec58e9b.jpg

It did get some sun. The thing we loved about this partly obstructed balcony was that the view wasn't compromised. The davit didn't bother us at all. It Was to one side you could look straight out with a great view.

Hopefully this photo will show better

0e8432ddf7567a8b1aa1239c4ec58e9b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/]

Thank you for the photo. It looks like a good cabin.:)