Lanyards...Yes or No?

phil_in_npton

I don't like wearing anything around my neck since having neck surgery, so a lanyard is not an option. Most of my clothes don't have pockets, though, and I never carry a purse or bag on the ship, so I needed another option. On my last RCL cruise I found a great little crystal-embellished wrist strap with a clip for my card, once I had a hole punched in it. It's the perfect solution for me. Everyone should just do whatever works for them and not worry about what anyone else thinks.

I use a key chain. My current cruise one has an anchor with 2 clips. I clip attaches to my S&S card. The other clip can attach to my cross body purse strap, beach bag, camera bag, back pack, or belt loop. Easy on/off and hands free.

Over the door was great when we had 4 in a room for space saving and convenience....finding it not as necessary with 2 in a room.

Edited by Warm Breezes

Good Day All!

Oh my....what a responsive bunch you are!

I maybe expected five or six replies and i have been overwhelmed!

Never cruised before so i have only just started reading these pages in earnest...its a whole new world out there! New language to learn too...OBC, HAL, repositioning, MDR...what does it all mean?

and now...this household is in turmoil as we start to pack, have we enough time to check out........

OVER DOOR ORGANISERS!

just wait till we find something important to worry about!

Regards to All

Phil in Northampton

Folks can say what they want but I USUALLY use a lanyard while on the ship. .. make it more convenient for ME...

Helps me keep track of it and I don't have to worry about it falling out of a pocket...

When I go ashore, I remove it from the lanyard and put it it my wallet with my $$ and credit cards...

If people wanna laugh at the "dork" with his seapass in a lanyard.... have at it... at least I gave you something to talk about.... heck... I'll even pose for a picture so you can tell all you friends at work.

Folks can say what they want but I USUALLY use a lanyard while on the ship. .. make it more convenient for ME...

Helps me keep track of it and I don't have to worry about it falling out of a pocket...

When I go ashore, I remove it from the lanyard and put it it my wallet with my $$ and credit cards...

If people wanna laugh at the "dork" with his seapass in a lanyard.... have at it... at least I gave you something to talk about.... heck... I'll even pose for a picture so you can tell all you friends at work.

Hi my name is Sue

And I wear a lanyard too.

So do many cruisers.

It is what it is and do those who do not

It is what it is

Some have tried and liked

Some have tried and hated

Some have never tried.

Safe travels.

Phil - just go and have fun! If you decide you want a lanyard and don't have one with you, you can purchase on the ship - your first souvenir!

I believe I posted earlier, on my whole 4 cruises (very much a newbie on here), We saw more people with the lanyards then without. And yes we take them off in port.

I use this at home when I'm going trail running or biking - I have a wristband (looks like a sweatband) that has a zipper compartment that fits ID, CC, Starbucks card (in case I want to dive in at the one near my house) and house keys. I guess I could actually bring this on a cruise and use it around the ship when I want to roam unencumbered... You can find them on Amazon - I had bought mine at the REI store a long time ago. Lululemon had them at their stores awhile ago (those just had a foldover, not a zipper).

Good Day All

First post prior to first cruise...so lets go straight to the important stuff!

Should we get Lanyards or not?

If we dont will we stand out from the experienced crowd like the innocent newbies that we are?

If we do, will the "in crowd" mock us for doing all the stuff they left behind many moons ago?

This is troubling me greatly, a good or bad experience on this trip will shape our future holidays for the rest of our lives!

Hoping for a mature and honest response, to this most trivial of concerns!

Phil in Northampton

First, don't worry about what other people think. Do what's best for you. I've been on 13 cruises, and I use a lanyard for convenience while I'm on the ship since I don't always have pockets. A lot of those "in crowd" people wear lanyards, too.

Just returned from a Windstar (Star Legend) Med trip two weeks ago. Not once did I see any guest with a lanyard. Lanyards seem to be the domain of the LARGE ships where you need them [seemingly every second] so the ship can charge you for all the things you didn't know were not included in your cruise fare.

I think lanyards look dorky -- but I will probably be wearing mine on the ship this time. My new pants did not come with any pockets, so I'm stuck with a lanyard. I will not wear them in the evening or off the ship. It seems I need my sail card all the time on board for drinks or opening the door to the lounge. I was going to just slip the card into the top of my bra, but some comments here indicated that could be considered gross.

I'll just figure it out at the time.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think lanyards look dorky -- but I will probably be wearing mine on the ship this time. My new pants did not come with any pockets, so I'm stuck with a lanyard. I will not wear them in the evening or off the ship. It seems I need my sail card all the time on board for drinks or opening the door to the lounge. I was going to just slip the card into the top of my bra, but some comments here indicated that could be considered gross.

I'll just figure it out at the time.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Oh, you know you want a lanyard....tee hee:p

I would never laugh at you.....only because I have a beautiful lanyard!

Whatever suits you, as a female I generally don't have pockets, using the lady safe or bra is a bit off putting to some so I wear a lanyard. No use me carrying a purse or bag I would put it down somewhere and wander off.

Don't worry about what others think, enjoy your cruise with lanyard on or off.