RCI double booked OPT, Procedure for Athol Buoy?

The 9th Feb is the only date where we we have two ships in at once and one of them is moored at Athol Buoy. There are other dates when we have two ships in but one will go to White Bay as they are small enough to fit under the bridge.

I wonder if you would e-mail me as I have a couple of questions Thank you in advance

I was on Millennium one year when we were at Athol Buoy. We embarked at the OPT, as there was no other ship there during the daytime. During the evening, the ship moved to Ahol Buoy, where we stayed overnight, as we had a 2-day stay in Sydney at the start of the cruise.

On the second day, passengers were allowed ashore. They used some of the harbour cruise boats to take passengers to and from the ships. That meant that many more passengers could board each vessel than just using the ship's tenders would have allowed.

While moored at Athol Buoy, we could hear some of the animals from the zoo, which is quite close.

I was on Millennium one year when we were at Athol Buoy. We embarked at the OPT, as there was no other ship there during the daytime. During the evening, the ship moved to Ahol Buoy, where we stayed overnight, as we had a 2-day stay in Sydney at the start of the cruise.

On the second day, passengers were allowed ashore. They used some of the harbour cruise boats to take passengers to and from the ships. That meant that many more passengers could board each vessel than just using the ship's tenders would have allowed.

While moored at Athol Buoy, we could hear some of the animals from the zoo, which is quite close.

That would have been great to overnight in the harbour and hear the animals. We have only overnighted at the OPT which was still nice but no water lapping or animals sounds.:D

• 2 weeks later...
Are there any updates on this?

If we have to embark from White Bay, will RCI transfer us for free from Circular Quay?

No public transport to White Bay.

P & O charges to get to White Bay, even at $20 that is an extra $80 per family of 4.

We are still more than four months out and a final decision on the " best" way to do the turnaround has not as yet been made as there are a lot of options to be considered. If it is to be the White Bay option I am pretty sure there will be " complimentary" transport from the OPT to White Bay. This is what has been done before so I don't think this will change.

Are there any updates on this?

If we have to embark from White Bay, will RCI transfer us for free from Circular Quay?

No public transport to White Bay.

P & O charges to get to White Bay, even at $20 that is an extra $80 per family of 4.

If it is not complimentary, I would be catching a cab, even with two of you it may be cheaper and certainly is easier.:D

We are still more than four months out and a final decision on the " best" way to do the turnaround has not as yet been made as there are a lot of options to be considered. If it is to be the White Bay option I am pretty sure there will be " complimentary" transport from the OPT to White Bay. This is what has been done before so I don't think this will change.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this on Itinerary updates:

Radiance of the Seas Terminal Update, 14 October 2016

Radiance of the Seas will now be anchored at Athol Buoy in Sydney Harbour on two occasions, accessible by a dedicated ferry service from White Bay Cruise Terminal.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Which Radiance of the Seas cruises are impacted?

Radiance of the Seas - 20 January 2017

Embarkation remains at Overseas Passenger Terminal

Disembarkation is now at White Bay Cruise Terminal

Radiance of the Seas - 28 January 2017

Embarkation is now at White Bay Cruise Terminal

Disembarkation is now at White Bay Cruise Terminal

Radiance of the Seas - 9 February 2017

Embarkation is now at White Bay Cruise Terminal

Disembarkation remains as scheduled in Fremantle

How will the Athol Buy tender process work?

Guests will arrive at White Bay Cruise Terminal to be checked in and leave their luggage with porters at their allocated check in times. They will then be required to undertake the standard customs and immigration clearance procedures before embarking on a dedicated ferry that will transfer them to the ship. Guests will access the ship via its tender platform. Disembarkation will be by ferry transfer from the ship to White Bay Cruise Terminal.

What happens to my luggage during ferry embarkation and debarkation?

For disembarking guests, luggage will be transferred to White Bay Cruise Terminal where it will be laid out for guest collection in the cruise terminal. Embarking guests will provide their luggage to terminal porters in the usual way. Self-carry will not be an option on these dates, only hand luggage should be taken on the ferry transfers.

I have already purchased my airport transfer to OPT, will this immediately transfer to White Bay?

Any transfers already booked with Royal Caribbean will be rescheduled to deliver you to White Bay Cruise Terminal. If you booked via an external provider, we recommend you get in touch with them directly to request the change.

For further information please contact our Cruise Administration team on 1800 754 500.

Thanks for posting that, lazy day. You say that you found it on the website, under Itinerary Updates. I am booked on the Jan. 28th cruise, and I can't seem to find "Itinerary Updates". I think some folks have received an email from RCI pertaining to this, but I don't have that either. I know this information is totally correct, but I just wonder why I don't see anything on my reservation. Maybe I don't know where to look.

Thank Big M

I just checked my cruises planner, nothing mentioned there, no email from TA or RCI, I wonder when they were going to let the rest of us know?

I find it a bit rude they have waited until full payment required to release this itinerary update, and thank you so much for the advice.

If you booked through a TA, they would have to send the notification through them rather than directly (otherwise people get confused about who's been notified and can finger point back that it's the other party that was meant to notify).

However, I'm not sure if the comms have gone out to TAs yet, so it's not good if the delay is at RCL's end. Some TAs are less admin organised then others though, so I've seen times where the line has sent out the message and the TA hasn't distributed it.

As for the cruise planner, it would be good if that was used, but for whatever reason the mailbox doesn't get these sorts of notifications, which is where you think you should be able to get them.

Thank you, Big M, for posting that link. I see now that since I live in the United States, it doesn't show up in my Itinerary Updates. Once I changed my country to Australia, there it is! Not the most efficient way to communicate to everyone on the cruise!

Thank you, Big M, for posting that link. I see now that since I live in the United States, it doesn't show up in my Itinerary Updates. Once I changed my country to Australia, there it is! Not the most efficient way to communicate to everyone on the cruise!

Ah yes. Usually it's the reverse for us. People post many links here that are only visible on the US site, so hard for us to see unless we know what to look for. I feel your pain :-)

Wow! That is just unbelievable to me! I had no idea that things like itinerary updates wouldn't be published for all to see, no matter what country they are from! Anyway, I know that some people affected by this double booking have received e-mails. I have not, nor has my travel agent. Do you think those are only going to the Australia residents as well? I think I have the information I need, but I just think it's strange that RCI has not told me (or my TA) directly.

Wow! That is just unbelievable to me! I had no idea that things like itinerary updates wouldn't be published for all to see, no matter what country they are from! Anyway, I know that some people affected by this double booking have received e-mails. I have not, nor has my travel agent. Do you think those are only going to the Australia residents as well? I think I have the information I need, but I just think it's strange that RCI has not told me (or my TA) directly.

I am Australian, am a Crown and Anchor member and have a major retail chain Travel agent. But have heard nothing, so No nothing to do with being from overseas.

I am Australian, am a Crown and Anchor member and have a major retail chain Travel agent. But have heard nothing, so No nothing to do with being from overseas.

The message is not getting out there for all to see and in some cases not even for those who are trying to find out what is happening.

Hi again,

Well I used the contact form on the RCI website to put my concerns in writing. I prefer this way so there is a paper trail.

Anyhow, it has been a week and no one has replied.

Is there a direct email address for a manager I can contact?

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your input.

I realise they will try keep everyone happy, but some people need to schedule flights and it would be good to know the details by now. (from our Meet and mingle group chat)

Hopefully with a White Bay departure they will provide transfer from Circular Quay.

Would be much better to stagger the boarding and tag team with Ovation to OPT on the day, but I suppose that has its problems too.

Keeping us in the loop without speculation hopefully soon. :)

Hi, was wondering if you are booked on the Feb 9.2017 cruise Sydney to Perth, Radiance.

Also can you share the link to that meet and mingle chat group you mentioned?

BTW we are in the states and RCCI has not notified us of any of this.

Thanks

Dee

Edited by travellady09