RCI double booked OPT, Procedure for Athol Buoy?

I just looked, the only thing I see on the end of my finger is a tickle .... works wonders with the kids ... feel free to use it and spread smiles around the world :D

Gbenjo spreads smiles with his wonderful service.

But don't tell him I said so, he might get a big head.

So now only GUT gets a raspberry.

He only thinks he is special :D:D:D ..... and I will save a Special Rasberry just for you Mic ;).....and I can see where this is heading.....this is how the red carpet and bubbly started:D

Now lets get back on topic and start complaining about no free buses to White Bay...should be able to get a bit of OBC for that.

Edited by gbenjo

He only thinks he is special :D:D:D ..... and I will save a Special Rasberry just for you Mic ;).....and I can see where this is heading.....this is how the red carpet and bubbly started:D

Now lets get back on topic and start complaining about no free buses to White Bay...should be able to get a bit of OBC for that.

Cheers,

I want to complain that they do not have a free service for those of us that travel from outside of Sydney. Surely, if they do it for some passengers they can do it for all.:p

Cheers,

I want to complain that they do not have a free service for those of us that travel from outside of Sydney. Surely, if they do it for some passengers they can do it for all.:p

Now there's a thought, after all should there be a port near everyone?:p:D

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder what they'll do for the double booking on the 28th Jan? Radiance calls into Melbourne on Australia Day before she returns to Sydney at Athol Buoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radiance of the Seas - 20 January 2017

Embarkation remains at Overseas Passenger Terminal

Disembarkation is now at White Bay Cruise Terminal

Radiance of the Seas - 28 January 2017

Embarkation is now at White Bay Cruise Terminal

Radiance of the Seas - 9 February 2017

How will the Athol Buy tender process work?

Guests will arrive at White Bay Cruise Terminal to be checked in and leave their luggage with porters at their allocated check in times. They will then be required to undertake the standard customs and immigration clearance procedures before embarking on a dedicated ferry that will transfer them to the ship. Guests will access the ship via its tender platform. Disembarkation will be by ferry transfer from the ship to White Bay Cruise Terminal.

What happens to my luggage during ferry embarkation and debarkation?

For disembarking guests, luggage will be transferred to White Bay Cruise Terminal where it will be laid out for guest collection in the cruise terminal. Embarking guests will provide their luggage to terminal porters in the usual way. Self-carry will not be an option on these dates, only hand luggage should be taken on the ferry transfers.

Radiance of the Seas - 20 January 2017

Embarkation remains at Overseas Passenger Terminal

Radiance of the Seas - 28 January 2017

Radiance of the Seas - 9 February 2017

How will the Athol Buy tender process work?

Guests will arrive at White Bay Cruise Terminal to be checked in and leave their luggage with porters at their allocated check in times. They will then be required to undertake the standard customs and immigration clearance procedures before embarking on a dedicated ferry that will transfer them to the ship. Guests will access the ship via its tender platform. Disembarkation will be by ferry transfer from the ship to White Bay Cruise Terminal.

What happens to my luggage during ferry embarkation and debarkation?

For disembarking guests, luggage will be transferred to White Bay Cruise Terminal where it will be laid out for guest collection in the cruise terminal. Embarking guests will provide their luggage to terminal porters in the usual way. Self-carry will not be an option on these dates, only hand luggage should be taken on the ferry transfers.

I meant in reference to stock and provisioning but thank you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by tazza_0712

• 3 weeks later...

Sailing on Radiance on January 20th - return on January 28th to White Bay.

My flight home is scheduled for 12:30PM. I had booked my flight BEFORE we were informed of the change to debark at White Bay.

Original plans were to take train from Circular Quay to airport after debark at OPT as was the plan when I booked flights.

RCI is saying "no problem" to make it to airport to check in for international flight, as it's less than 30 minutes travel time from White Bay to airport. Is this the case? It is early Saturday morning, so if traffic is similar to early weekend traffic in USA, then it should be lighter than normal morning commute.

Also, will we have to clear customs & immigration after debark at White Bay?

What would be my best bet for transportation options? RCI has a bus to airport as an option, but don't know if that will take too long.

Thanks in advance for advise.

Counting down already! We leave on January 14th

My flight home is scheduled for 12:30PM. I had booked my flight BEFORE we were informed of the change to debark at White Bay.

Original plans were to take train from Circular Quay to airport after debark at OPT as was the plan when I booked flights.

RCI is saying "no problem" to make it to airport to check in for international flight, as it's less than 30 minutes travel time from White Bay to airport. Is this the case? It is early Saturday morning, so if traffic is similar to early weekend traffic in USA, then it should be lighter than normal morning commute.

What would be my best bet for transportation options? RCI has a bus to airport as an option, but don't know if that will take too long.

really i dont like your chances of getting a 12.30pm overseas flight if you have to tender to White Bay, did you book the flights with RCI or your own flights....if you can change to a later flight it would be better

maybe the Radiance could get back to Sydney earlier than planned but that depends on the pilot

RCI is saying "no problem" to make it to airport to check in for international flight, as it's less than 30 minutes travel time from White Bay to airport. Is this the case?

The Sydney Ports cruise schedule shows a 5am arrival at White Bay for your ship. Even if you plan on being at the international terminal two hours before your flight, that still gives you more than 5 hours and the travel time is less than 30 minutes by car or train but would be a little longer in a bus. Either way I think you'll be comfortable.

IF RCI are offering a coach to the airport from White Bay then you would expect that they would get you to the airport in time, make sure you tell them what time your flight is . IF you opt to do your own thing make sure you get the earliest bebark time they have available but with a 12:30pm flight and allowing two hours before flight and a 30minute cab ride, you should be able to do it comfortably. Royal will obviously be well aware of the situation and plan accordingly.

IF RCI are offering a coach to the airport from White Bay then you would expect that they would get you to the airport in time, make sure you tell them what time your flight is . IF you opt to do your own thing make sure you get the earliest bebark time they have available but with a 12:30pm flight and allowing two hours before flight and a 30minute cab ride, you should be able to do it comfortably. Royal will obviously be well aware of the situation and plan accordingly.

Agreed, if Royal do not have a shuttle service then get a cab, I would think you would easily make the airport by 9.30am.:D

Not sure of your itinerary but if you're visiting another country, you'll need to clear customs and immigration when the ship comes in. However, it doesn't take long to do that at White Bay.

Just working back, flight at 12:30, so want to be at airport around 10, should be half hour to travel so leave white bay at 9:30. As long as you're on a tender around 8 or so, you should be fine to achieve this, and getting off then shouldn't be an issue.

Gbenjo this is a question for you. Do you know where your working on the 9th February as I am sailing out on the Radiance on this day?

Thanks

He doesn't work, just shows up and looks at ships, it's a hard life;):D