Using Pools on Disembarkation Morning

J_Busworth

I was wondering as pools are open 24 hours on RCI ships whether or not you could use them on diembarkation morning and until what time.

No, they are not open 24/7 and the day of disembarking, they will be covered and cannot be used.:( They want all pax off the ship asap.

Edited by champagne123
DDDD

No, they are not open 24/7 and the day of disembarking, they will be covered and cannot be used.:( They want all pax off the ship asap.

The pools were open 24 hours on Radiance if I recall correctly. I'll have to check my old Cruise Compass Pile. I wonder if this varies by ship.

The pools were open 24 hours on Radiance if I recall correctly. I'll have to check my old Cruise Compass Pile. I wonder if this varies by ship.

Mmmm. I don't know. I just know I am usually on the pool deck at 5am looking for coffee and there is netting over the pools. Maybe I am confusing my cruise lines. :eek:

Edited by champagne123
ssss

Mmmm. I don't know. I just know I am usually on the pool deck at 5am looking for coffee and there is netting over the pools. Maybe I am confusing my cruise lines. :eek:

I just checked, pools open 24 Hours on Radiance, but closed 1am-5am on Rhapsody. That seems odd :confused:.

on all of my 11 cruises, there has never been a pool open on embarkation morning, they are usually cleaning and sanitizing them for the next set of passengers, and all the seats and loungers are piled up for them to hose the pool deck

wendy :-)

That is a shame. :( It would be nice to use them. I'll have to check what time they close them when on Voyager

I just checked, pools open 24 Hours on Radiance, but closed 1am-5am on Rhapsody. That seems odd :confused:.

That is a shame. :( It would be nice to use them. I'll have to check what time they close them when on Voyager

As posted previously, RCL wants you OFF the ship not IN the pool!.....K.O.....:D

I have never seen a pool open on disembarkation morning - as a previous poster stated, they are typically covered with netting and the chairs are stacked. However I have done many b2b's and I can confirm that the pools are open again by 10:30AM.

What about the "stay awhile" offer. When for a fee of $39 you can stay on board on your last day and "continue to enjoy everything the ship has to offer, and depart when you choose, up to 2.00"?

I have not heard of this offer on RCI

??????

the pools are netted over if not drained completely and there will not be anyone around to give you a towel.

the 'stay awhile' is not at all ports or on all ships.

98% pf the time at least one pool and one set of hot tubs will be closed/drained/netted over overnight for cleaning. then they will switch out which ones get cleaned next.

with a few recent incidents of children drowning in the very early mornings, I would not be surprised if they didn't just net all of them over until after breakfast.

Interesting - stay a while offer - on ships where it is offered I assume you must still vacate your cabin?

I was thinking the same thing. I was also trying to think of what the advantages would be...but I guess it would be a plus if you had a later flight and had no where to go, other than wait at the airport for hours. I don't know. Just killing time instead of dragging luggage? Curious to know why someone would pay to stay on the ship for a few extra hours.

Just off Jewel this morning. I was looking around to see what you actually got to utilise for your $39. Pools and hot tubs closed, concierge and diamond lounges closed. Breakfast in windjammer, packed. Not sure about having to be out of your cabin, but I would guess so as they want to get ready for the next guests. So I cannot see the benefits of the "stay awhile" programme, especially at $39 per adult and $22 per child. I would rather hang around at the airport.

Just off Jewel this morning. I was looking around to see what you actually got to utilise for your $39. Pools and hot tubs closed, concierge and diamond lounges closed. Breakfast in windjammer, packed. Not sure about having to be out of your cabin, but I would guess so as they want to get ready for the next guests. So I cannot see the benefits of the "stay awhile" programme, especially at $39 per adult and $22 per child. I would rather hang around at the airport.

Lunch is included. Ship facilities would re-open as soon as new guests start to arrive.

I was wondering as pools are open 24 hours on RCI ships whether or not you could use them on diembarkation morning and until what time.

This will vary somewhat by ship, but most of the time they want you out of your room by 8:30am or so. In the 3 times I've been on Majesty they close all the pools and hot tubs at 10pm. Ironically, had I wanted to use a pool on disembarkation morning, I could have done so on Majesty, nothing to prevent it except logistics. On our first Majesty trip we had a 1pm flight so I was intentionally the last person off the ship. (without delaying anyone else) I could have swam for a little while, got out, changed into dry clothes and put my wet suit in my carry on, but I didn't. We stayed by the pool until they called the last group off.

While possible, its not likely.

Edited by BillOh

I have never seen a pool open on disembarkation morning - as a previous poster stated, they are typically covered with netting and the chairs are stacked. However I have done many b2b's and I can confirm that the pools are open again by 10:30AM.

I agree with you. At some point during the cruise they need to drain the water and other fluids :eek: for the next cruise.:D

Edited by A&L_Ont

One some ships yes, but not all ships all days.

I am just off of a Vision cruise out of Venice. They made mention several times of the stay awhile program because the Venice airport is smaller than some and doesn't allow people past security until three hours before their flights. There was a restaurant or two in the initial lobby, but other than those, not a lot of places to sit. My AA flight did not begin check-in until three hours before. There was no curbside check in so this was the only way to check a bag. The ship did say that this was not absolute, but that security did sometimes do checks and would ask people to leave if it was more than three hours until their flights.

It'll be a little different at half 10 when the new lot come on though, breakfast in the windjammer will be lunch (and you'll be able to get a table), pools will be open, bars will be open