Has anyone received a revised final bill by email?

We got off the Anthem yesterday and got our bill on the cabin door as we left. Last night we got a revised bill by email with additional charges on it. They were for the mini bar which we had emptied the first day so we could put our own soda & water in to chill.

Is there s specific number to call?

We have not yet sailed with Royal Caribbean (cruise booked Apr 17) however we have experienced the same problem with Celebrity. Being from Australia recovering extra costs we did not incur on revised bill is not so easy, but achievable.

On the next Celebrity cruise I decided to check the mini-bar contents to the price list in the cabin prior to asking for the contents being removed.

To my surprise a number of items did not marry off with a shortfall with a couple and a different brand name with another.

Brought the matter to the attention of Guest Services who advised that some items may have been out of stock and some lines discontinued.

Price list not regularly updated because of understandable cost involved. However perhaps cabin steward should make an adjustment to the cabin list.

FYI

I've read about this issue so many times on RCI. I wonder how many people don't bother disputing.

On my previous RCI cruise, there were incorrect charges almost every day. It got to be ridiculous after a while (and I had everything removed from the mini bar on Day 1). Upcoming cruise in December and will continue to check and dispute even the most negligible charges. :mad:

I have a naturally suspicious mind, so I wonder where this scam is occurring. The crew has no incentive to mis-report the mini fridge contents, right? They don't get a percentage or anything? So it has to happen at a higher level. But I can't see it being company wide. Could the bookkeepers of individual ships be doing it to boost profits?

It seems so widespread it either has to be intentional or the result of an EXTREMELY dysfunctional record-keeping system. But the way all these folks have reported receiving identical false charges is very fishy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/url.

Edited by AdoraBelle

• 2 weeks later...

Got off Anthem this morning. Settled the bill last night. ZERO balance.

Received an invoice this afternoon, and sure enough - was charged $12.37 for the mini-bar - which we didn't use at all.

Called them. After giving my info and being placed on hold a bunch of times, I was told it'll be refunded back to the credit card in 3-5 business days.

Received an invoice this afternoon, and sure enough - was charged $12.37 for the mini-bar - which we didn't use at all.

Called them. After giving my info and being placed on hold a bunch of times, I was told it'll be refunded back to the credit card in 3-5 business days.

Trouble with that is when Canadians get the refund on our credit card, with the difference in buying vs selling $'s, we lose out.:eek:

Sketchy much, RCI?

Getting to be a bit ridiculous, that's for sure! Too many incidents. What's up with that.:eek:

I don't sail with RCI and I have no beef with them (could end up on them someday I am sure), but like I said up thread it's a weird trend. Also the way it's always the same amount. I'd say "someone should start a site to track people reporting the charges" but I guess this thread is already kind of doing that.

Just off Anthem yesterday and our final guest statement had an added minibar charge of $5.84. Same thing showed up on our friends' statement from the same sailing. We never even opened up the minibar fridge, nor did we drink the water. Customer service rep apologized and said they would credit our card. I know it's not much money in the grand scheme of things, but something is amiss.

Just off Anthem yesterday and our final guest statement had an added minibar charge of $5.84. Same thing showed up on our friends' statement from the same sailing. We never even opened up the minibar fridge, nor did we drink the water. Customer service rep apologized and said they would credit our card. I know it's not much money in the grand scheme of things, but something is amiss.

That does it! I'm going to use my U.S. credit card to pay for my purchases onboard. That way, when I do get my additional extraneous bill and have to call RCI's customer service to have it removed, I won't have the additional problem of exchange rate not covering off the additional charge. Miffed!:cool:

I've had after cruise mini bar charges on both Royal And Celebrity...and the strangest part about Celebrity is they LOCKED the mini bar the last night...my final onboard bill was $0...but a few days later a charge showed up on my credit card...I called Celebrity to see what it was for & was told it was the mini bar...when I informed the person that I had not taken anything from the mini bar and that it had been locked they told me they would credit my account...I always keep watch of my credit card statements after any trip.

Off the Anthem yesterday. Our minibar was empty when we arrived. Not even any Evian. No suspicious charges yet.

All the mini bars were empty on my 9/3 sailing too, but they had the 2 bottles of Evian on top of the dresser. Mine were still there untouched when I left, but I still had the 12.37 charge added after I got off the ship.

I also left 4 unopened bottles of Poland Spring water that I brought on. Maybe I should bill RCCL for them.:D:eek::D

Also just off Anthem and had an empty fridge when we arrived. Received my emailed invoice today and there is a mini bar charge for $6.19. I was going to let it go, but after reading that this is a common occurrences I'll call in the morning and have it removed. Funny thing is we left 4 or 5 diet cokes in the fridge left over from our Diamond perk stash, you would have thought we would have gotten a credit for those.................ha!

Just left Harmony and got the email on my way home. Only screw up is they converted to CAD which I specifically told them NOT to do.

I also avoid all the mini bar BS - and have my stateroom staff remove everything day one. No questions that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by grinthock

• 2 months later...

Apparently Evian water is cheaper here in Florida. Just off the Harmony this morning, already received my statement by email and had a mini-bar charge of $11.68. No mini-bar items in the room other than the water, which we did not touch. I immediately called and the $11.68 will be refunded. Oddly, my OBC of $695 was credited to my SO's account but I got the mini-bar charge on my account :D

Apparently Evian water is cheaper here in Florida. Just off the Harmony this morning, already received my statement by email and had a mini-bar charge of $11.68. No mini-bar items in the room other than the water, which we did not touch. I immediately called and the $11.68 will be refunded. Oddly, my OBC of $695 was credited to my SO's account but I got the mini-bar charge on my account :D

I had the same experience on the Harmony TA, but only was charged $6+. It's happened to me a number of times before, but this time there was absolutely nothing in the minibar except two large waters (which I didn't touch) and I was actually in the cabin when the minibar person came in the final morning to check it! I personally confirmed with the minibar person that nothing had been touched in the minibar.

RCL really needs to address the problem of these random overcharges. It seems to happen all too frequently and leaves a bad taste with everyone who notices the charge and chooses to deal with it.