Couple Suite Questions on Oasis for 10th Anniversary

adam61

My wife and I want to splurge a bit and get a suite for our 10th Anniversary. We've decided on the Oasis. Unfortunately we can't afford any of the MEGA suites with the Star perks, but can handle a couple choices below those and I want to make the best decision.

1) Our leading candidate is a GS. If we select this room what deck is best? We are used to them all being on deck 10 on Voyager/Freedom class, but on Oasis they seem spread from deck 6-12. Which deck makes the best choice?

2) Second for about $1,100 more a Crown Loft or Owner's Suite are also available. As a 2 part question are they worth that much just for the extra room and if so, which of the two is the better choice? Crown Loft seems quieter and more modern with easier access to the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen, whereas the Owner's suite seems to be more nicely appointed and has a larger balcony. However, either way $1,100 extra for either is a big chunk of change so I want to make the right call.

Thanks for your help couldn't do it without all you experts!!!

Edited by adam61

If you can and really want to go for a memorable experience book a crown loft suite on deck 17.

We have sailed once in a GS now called an Aft 4 (14730) and it was okay.

But we have been in 4 Cl either L1 or L2 and love the privacy of deck 17.

Close proximity to Suite lounge and CK

Lofted suite

Oh save the money now and splurge for the memories

We did and are doing it again next August.

Love it, and you will too.

we love the owners suite...while being on deck 17 is great..the "regular" loft suites don't have a great layout..the balcony on OS are hugh too

The balcony on the Owner Suite is really really nice. Tried a GS once, and honestly I'd spend the extra on the OS (Personal preference of course).

We had OS on deck 10 and booked another one on the Allure for next month. We sailed with my brother two years ago when we had the OS and he had the CLS.

I think the OS has a much better layout and a huge balcony. The CLS is nice with the two bathrooms and the location on 17 close to CK and SL is perfect. It seems smaller that the OS because it's on two levels.

If you go with a OS or GS I would get a higher deck and closer toward the stern to make the trek to SL and CK not so far.

I can't speak for any of the suites except the CLS L1 and we absolutely loved it!! To me, it felt bigger because of the two floors and having the two bathrooms was especially nice when all of us were trying to get ready. The balcony is smaller than the other suites but having the two story window overlooking the ocean was just incredible. Also, the balcony was big enough for two loungers and we had them bring us a third chair. I also enjoyed how contemporary it was and it was so quiet being on the 17th floor.

I have booked another one next May and to me, it was well worth the extra money. How often can anyone say they were in a two story room (with that incredible two story window for the view) on a SHIP? The suite perks were great as well and everyone went out of their way to ensure we had the most fantastic vacation!!

We disliked the crown loft suite! All stairs, two bathrooms but no bath....small balcony...We felt it looked nicer than it was pleasant and practical to stay in but still enjoyed the experience.

No issues with GS or OS both nice. For two people I am not sure the OS is worth that much more than the GS.

Next cruise we are trying an Aqua theatre A3, love aft views and rooms a bit different...we have heard mixed reviews, sometimes you have to just go with what you fancy!

I honestly suggest you spend some time looking on you tube and see what you think....If your priorities are suite perks and a slightly bigger room then you will not go wrong with a GS. If you fancy something very different then look at the CL.

We really enjoyed the grand suite. If you book early you might get a great deal. You get great storage , wonderful amenities, a beautiful cabin and do not have to worry about ship movement or accidents on steps. Especially if you are tipsy! Save the money towards another cruise or a nice gift for your wife.

We had a GS on the Oasis on deck 8 which was was great location. Easy acess to just about any part of the ship as you are on the same deck as Central Park and a deck or 2 away from the boardwalk and the Aqua theater

We also did the Crown Loft on the Allure deck 17. Access to the rooms by swiping your card. The views were great and you were close to Coastal Kitchen and the Suites Lounge and the pool deck.

For the cost of $1100 more I would stay in the Grand suite as you get the same perks in either cabin.

Edited by Tony O

We have sailed on both Allure and Oasis and going on Oasis again in January. We have almost always sailed in 8660, fantastic location, no noise from above you or below you. Easy access to everything. Coastal Kitchen is easy to get to.

We sailed on deck 10 on Allure one year and much preferred deck 8. We had a chance for a loft but after a cabin crawl where we got to see it, we much prefer our GS.

The ship is fantastic and I'm sure which ever cabin you choose you will have a wonderful time.

Happy Anniversary!!

We have a price threshold when deciding what suite to book. On the big ships, our thresholds are $4000 for a GS and $5000 for an L1 give or take a couple of hundred. If we can get an L1 in that ballpark regardless of how much more it is than a GS, we'll book it. It's worth it for us. I'm not a fan of the L2 views so they're out altogether.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GS is a beautiful room with a nice balcony for 2 people. They are located very near the elevators, so as far as location, they're all RELATIVELY convenient. We stayed on 10, so it was a few floors down to the Promenade, Boardwalk, etc and a bit up to the Suite Lounge. If you think you'll be spending a lot of time in the public areas, shoot for 7 or 8 so you're a little closer. If you'll spend more time in the Suite Lounge (which we did), definitely consider doing the Loft. Its right on 17, so very convenient to Coastal Kitchen & the lounge.

Personally I would prefer the ocean-facing L2 suites, but many enjoy the public view of the L1.

The OS is larger, better layout, and has a larger balcony, but for 2 people I don't know that its worth the extra money. OS are right next to the GS, so location is similar.

Keep in mind the prices may drop on the CLS closer to sailing. I booked our Halloween cruise in January and the OS and CLS were the same price.

About two months ago the OS sold out as there are fewer. I think the GS were all sold out also. About three weeks ago the CLS were going for $4800, which is about $1500 less than they were and what we paid for our OS.

There were seven of them available for about ten days at that price.

Maybe book a GS and then when the prices drop on the OS or CLS rebook.

Edited by jamesr3939

We usually get a GS or OS. You will love everything about a GS and the only extra perk of a OS is the extra room and a dining table in your room if you get room service. But it's hard to pass up eating or drinking on the balcony, so a table may be a waste of time. We have never done a CLS but the only bad thing I have read on here is the noise from the basketball court that is right below the rear facing rooms. People complained of the noise till late in the evening and nothing could be done to quiet the players down. It sounded like the extra money the people paid for these suites did no good and the complaints fell on deaf ears .

I have been in both rooms and their are advantages to both. The OS is of course one floor, layout is bigger and the deck is very large. Don't get the one on deck 14 as you are right under pool and I have heard people complain of chair noise. I really prefer the CLS. I love the view from the 17th, you are right by the coastal kitchen and suite dining and I just prefer this room more. The deck isn't nearly the same size but still nice with 2 lounge chairs on it. Again it's what you are looking for and if you want to spend that additional money. I haven't been in the GS but I'm sure is also very nice. Enjoy your cruise.

We've stayed in the grand suite on oasis and the Crown loft on Allure and will be in owners suite on this upcoming oasis trip. Our previous sailings were before deck 17 became the suite lounge and added Coastal Kitchen. SL used to be in current diamond lounge and we ate in MDR so location was never an issue. I am curious to see if we will feel inconvenienced on this next cruise being "outside" of the suite area.

Most of our sailings are in GA we really do enjoy it and think its a great deal - all the perks without the price tag. My theory is always to get the highest deck available. We've never had an issue with pool deck noise above us (knock on wood).

I have mixed feeling about the CLS. We had one that faced the ocean which is a must for us. I would definitely eliminate this option if it was overlooking the sports deck. The 2 story windows were just amazing!!! The blinds were electronic with a control right by the bed so every morning we pushed a button and were greeted to fabulous views before even getting up. The deck was large and private. We don't have issues with stairs but the layout is kinda funky. The room is big but it felt very crowded upstairs. Yes there are 2 bathrooms but we mainly used the upstairs one because that is where are clothes and vanity are. The double shower was great but the single sink was annoying. I much prefer the one large bath in the GS with double sinks. There is lots of storage space but almost all the drawers are downstairs. We didn't want half our clothes upstairs and half downstairs so we crammed everything in. Don't get me wrong, I loved the suite and would sail in it again, but just understand, its not the most functional setup. Unless you had more than 2 guests - then it would be very convenient. Oh, you will also feel the boat sway a lot more in high seas. But like snooksie said, it's an experience you will always remember and talk about.

I can't speak yet about the OS compared to the GS. I think you will be happy in any of these. And richer if you go with the GS :)