Found bracelet on Infinity

Ginnyfyr

We just boarded Infinity today (Sept 18) in Vancouver, and while filling up our safe, I found a Pandora bracelet tucked along one side of the safe. If you recently sailed on Infinity and are missing a Pandora bracelet, please email me at twistedwhiskers@hotmail.ca and let me know what cabin you were in and we'll figure out how to get this back to you. If I don't hear from anyone by the end of our voyage on Sept 25th, I'll turn it over to our butler before we debark.

I'm going to give it our butler today to handle. I haven't had an email yet and I figure if I had left something on the ship, the second thing I would do is check CC (after calling X, of course) so off it goes to him today. I hope it gets back to its rightful owner!

I would not hold onto a found item until the end of a cruise. I'd make sure the bracelet got to the lost & found department pronto. It's what I'd wish for if I had lost something.

So would I. All you need to do when you find a lost item on a cruise ship is to drop it off at Guest Relations and tell them where you found it.

The OP's intentions in posting here instead are certainly well meant, but since the bracelet was found inside the safe, it should be easy for X to locate the owner as they can check their records to find out who occupied that stateroom previously.

Edited by varoo

So would I. All you need to do when you find a lost item on a cruise ship is to drop it off at Guest Relations and tell them where you found it.

The OP's intentions in posting here instead are certainly well meant, but since the bracelet was found inside the safe, it should be easy for X to locate the owner as they can check their records to find out who occupied that stateroom previously.

Whether they follow through and do that, is another question. I would have given it directly to guest relations

Whether they follow through and do that, is another question. I would have given it directly to guest relations

Absolutely! Over the years left a pair of prescription glasses and an onyx ring (around $75) in our safe on two separate cruises. Never got either back, and we called Celebrity to follow-up. They apparently do not make any effort if our experience is typical.

Over the years I have realised I no longer have two items of jewellery, both times just after a cruise. I assumed I had left them in the safe. I checked with the cruise line the first time with no results. Luckily they were lowish value, but I frequently miss one of them as it was perfect for a number of outfits.

I almost left a pendant in a safe once; it was tucked under the ledge at the very front edge of the safe.

Many (but not all) safes have this odd little ledge, so now we always check under there when we empty the safe. You can't see little objects hiding there, so you have to run your fingers underneath it.

Just thought I would mention that even though it is a little off topic, sorry.

Jan

Any found Item in a state room safe should be immediately turned into Guest Relations . They can track the person who misplaced the item/s;)

That's what we ended up doing as we couldn't find out butler at the time. The lady at guest relations said she would forward it to Miami for processing so I hope the owner gets it back!

I almost left a pendant in a safe once; it was tucked under the ledge at the very front edge of the safe.

Many (but not all) safes have this odd little ledge, so now we always check under there when we empty the safe. You can't see little objects hiding there, so you have to run your fingers underneath it.

Just thought I would mention that even though it is a little off topic, sorry.

Jan

That's the most frequent place that something is left. Always carefully check the corners with your fingers.

Items shift around as the ship rocks and rolls.

This is why we place all items that we put into the safe inside a sealed zip lock bag.

As my husband and I are both somewhat OCD: "a place for everything and everything in its place", we have a system now when we cruise. As soon as we note that our luggage has been delivered, I unpack and make ourselves at home! One of the first items I place is a large Ziploc baggie in the safe. Everything that goes in the safe is put in the baggie. On our first cruise on RCL, I noted something black on the inside top of the safe. Didn't think anything of it other than I thought it was a label, for a couple of days, and finally, curious, I touched it and realized it was bulky, Pulled it off and it was a men's magnetic money clip/wallet. The magnet had held it to the top of the safe. It was full of ID, credit cards, etc. I felt horrible and immediately took it to Guest Relations. I can only imagine the panic the owner had to have been feeling.

I agree, the OP should immediately turn the bracelet in to Guest Relations.

We once found a gold money clip with initials. We asked our butler what the last name of the prior guest was and it matched the initials. We gave it to him and he said he would turn it in and It would be sent to Miami. We were sailing out of San Diego. I often wondered if the owner ever got it back. Next time I find something I think I will turn it over to guest relations though.