So I finally tried the Cheers program, here are my thoughts.

DarthGrady

Thanks for your thread on the cheers program. I was debating on what to do. The dd and I are going on Sensation in Dec. She is young ( 22 ) and we are just wanting to relax and enjoy the trip. We are not big drinkers, but I also don't want to worry about how many drinks I'm having in case I would go over the amount I'm paying for the cheers program.

I also need to add, we are Canadian...so with our low dollar right now...it will cost us about 130 Canadian for 100.00 American we spend. So it adds up.

Thank you too for the pictures of the ship...I was wondering what she looked like and worried about the ship from other cruisers review! Not worried anymore!:D

I don't understand what you don't get about the fact that the Cheers program is like buying a bucket of beer -you get X number for a price and when it's gone it's gone.

It's a heck of a good price for 15 drinks. Just sayin .... :rolleyes:

And if he doesn't get the Cheers program he can buy as many buckets as he wants. I think the biggest thing with the cap is that they cut you off and don't even allow you to purchase another drink. I can understand a cap for a set price with Cheers, but why do they not allow you to purchase more after? I can buy a bunch of beer ahead of time and have it in my room the first day but yet if I reach that magic 15 number on my S&S card I can't purchase more. Kind of odd to me.

Someone posted on another thread that they ordered Long Island Iced Tea's made with top shelf liquors and that the drink ended up being around $30 bucks each.

Thanks.

I think I'll try cheers on our cruise in October instead of smuggling. I also like the non alcoholic beverages that are included.

How do I ask for the Long Island I T that gets close to 50 bux?

Thanks.

I think I'll try cheers on our cruise in October instead of smuggling. I also like the non alcoholic beverages that are included.

Just curious....why would you care if it cost $5 or $50? Taste it after the bartender makes it. If it tastes good, who cares how much it cost :rolleyes:

Edited by First and Ten

Thanks.

Research the top shelf brands for vodka, tequila, rum and gin. Those are the liquors that are in the LIIT.

Then, when you order it, ask for it to be made with, let's say, Grey Goose VX vodka, Patron tequila, Appleton or Mount Gay rum and whatever the top shelf gin is.

The advantage to getting top shelf booze is you don't get the headaches like you do from the cheap stuff.

Research the top shelf brands for vodka, tequila, rum and gin. Those are the liquors that are in the LIIT.

Then, when you order it, ask for it to be made with, let's say, Grey Goose VX vodka, Patron tequila, Appleton or Mount Gay rum and whatever the top shelf gin is.

The advantage to getting top shelf booze is you don't get the headaches like you do from the cheap stuff.

And most people wouldn't know if it were made with the top shelf stuff unless they actually watched it being made;).

Which isn't likely to happen. Let's face it, there are more threads about smuggling and sharing packages on the CCL forums then there are on the other cruise lines'. We have to accept that CCL knows its passengers and designs its policies accordingly.

Bingo !! LOL

I agree with you about not getting headaches from top shelf at least Tequila for me.

You can also purchase ahead of time and it will be waiting in your room. I've already paid for a couple 4 packs for my cruise in January.

That's great. How will they be delivered - all 8 beers at once. What if i wanted to preorder (4) 4 packs or 16 beers, would they all be in the room or would room service have to deliver them later?

Edited by figmentdj

Thanks for your thread on the cheers program. I was debating on what to do. The dd and I are going on Sensation in Dec. She is young ( 22 ) and we are just wanting to relax and enjoy the trip. We are not big drinkers, but I also don't want to worry about how many drinks I'm having in case I would go over the amount I'm paying for the cheers program.

I also need to add, we are Canadian...so with our low dollar right now...it will cost us about 130 Canadian for 100.00 American we spend. So it adds up.

Thank you too for the pictures of the ship...I was wondering what she looked like and worried about the ship from other cruisers review! Not worried anymore!:D

No problem, glad it was helpful. There's an older review of her linked in my signature of her with more pics if you want to have a look. Nothing much has changed onboard since then. Have a great cruise!

I'm still a little unclear with the cheers package. Where can I find specifics? I understand the 15 limit from 6a-6a. But is the coffees and whatever in ADDITION to the 15? Does soda count? If so, traveling with DH and two teen girls, I feel the cheers package would work wonderfully! 😀

I'm still a little unclear with the cheers package. Where can I find specifics? I understand the 15 limit from 6a-6a. But is the coffees and whatever in ADDITION to the 15? Does soda count? If so, traveling with DH and two teen girls, I feel the cheers package would work wonderfully!

It is only drinks containing alcohol that count against the daily limit of 15. Everything else is unlimited.

That's great. How will they be delivered - all 8 beers at once. What if i wanted to preorder (4) 4 packs or 16 beers, would they all be in the room or would room service have to deliver them later?

I bought 2 four packs for me and one for the Mrs. on our last cruise. They've always been in the room when we got there.