Mattress topper request?

LHARTWICK

Bought the air mattress and arrived on the Independence on April 13 to find an egg crate already on the bed. Bed is quite comfy with foam topper in place. Air mattress will stay in suitcase for next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Freedom last month. I found the bed very firm. I talked to our cabin steward and told him I heard that they no longer offered egg crate toppers, so could we please have a couple extra comforters underneath us to soften the bed a bit. After dinner we went back to the cabin and lay on the bed and it was heavenly. I looked under the sheets and there was an egg crate topper on our bed. Don't believe what you have been told, they still are on the Freedom, you just have to have a caring and knowing cabin steward who will put one on for you.

DH and I used to purchase an inexpensive egg crate mattress (like from Target), "pop" the plastic it came in so there would be air movement, then shove it in a space saver bag. Would fit nicely a suitcase. If we purchased anything breakable alone our travels, we'd just cut up part of the crate, wrap the breakable, and leave the egg crate... And with my OCD, I also packed our own sheets - I hate ship sheets!

I sent a request before our November Harmony cruise and has a reply by the next day that it would be supplied, and it was.

Just emailed earlier this week regarding our May Oasis cruise and below is the reply I got yesterday.

special_needs@rccl.com To

Apr 20 at 1:49 PM

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us with this information. We have gone ahead and made the appropriate notations in the reservation.

We will place a mattress topper on embarkation day. We no longer provide the egg crate mattress for sanitary reasons.

Best regards,

Jenneth Castrillo

Access Advocate