Coffee Card information needed

Cruise4Jesus

We are going on the Regal Princess in a few weeks and just had a few simple questions about the coffee card.

Do you have to use it in just one particular place, like the coffee shop, or can it also be used in the main dining room, bars, etc?

Do they have fusion or specialty iced teas also, or is it just hot teas?

Can it be used for gelato (I heard on some ships you can) and if so is it still just count as one punch?

Is it much of a savings over there regular price if we were to just purchase specialty coffee without the card, what would be a price for a large drink?

It has been a few years since sailing on Princess, do they still offer the expresso or cappuccino complementary in the dining rooms or is just complementary coffee?

Thank you in advance for any information.

We are going on the Regal Princess in a few weeks and just had a few simple questions about the coffee card.

Do you have to use it in just one particular place, like the coffee shop, or can it also be used in the main dining room, bars, etc? You can use it anywhere they serve coffee

Can it be used for gelato (I heard on some ships you can) and if so is it still just count as one punch?They had some cold drinks including iced tea. On regal, you can use a punch for gelato

Is it much of a savings over there regular price if we were to just purchase specialty coffee without the card, what would be a price for a large drink?I believe it is 2 free specialty. Don't forget its also unlimited brewed coffee on the voyage you purchase the card

It has been a few years since sailing on Princess, do they still offer the expresso or cappuccino complementary in the dining rooms or is just complementary coffee?Just coffee - on the Regal its not bad

See responses in red above. Have a great time! On the Regal you can get espresso drinks in the buffet.

Do you have to use it in just one particular place, like the coffee shop, or can it also be used in the main dining room, bars, etc?

Can it be used for gelato (I heard on some ships you can) and if so is it still just count as one punch?

Is it much of a savings over there regular price if we were to just purchase specialty coffee without the card, what would be a price for a large drink?

It has been a few years since sailing on Princess, do they still offer the expresso or cappuccino complementary in the dining rooms or is just complementary coffee?

I am also wondering the answers to these questions, and I have another one of my own: Is the card for one person only or can we share it? If I want espresso drinks but my husband just wants the unlimited brewed coffee, are we allowed to share one card?

Coffee card can be used by more than one person for punches, but brewed coffee/tea is intended for only one person - and only on the cruise you buy the card on. Punches are good forever. On Regal, we sometimes were charged one punch for two gelato servings, sometimes two. They also have some alcohol/gelato combinations that cost two punches. Card was $31 + 15% last week, claiming 20% savings. Good for Espressos, Macchiatos, Cappuccinos, iced coffees, lattes, coffee blends.

The card says "good for purchases at International Cafe & Amuleto" but I seem to recall other folks using it at dinner - can't confirm because we weren't really paying attention. On Island only a few bars even had coffee and only the atrium bar had the specialty coffees.

Espresso, special coffee drinks and special teas are available in all dining areas, the International Cafe, Princess Live Bar, Pastry Shop in the Buffet area and I think also at the Outrigger Bar on the Horizon Terrace

Gelato, Believe it is one punch for 3 scoops.

Espresso drinks average around $2.75, so yes it is a discount. The card also includes unlimited brewed coffee and special teas at the International Cafe for your cruise. Unused punches never expire.

It has been a few years since sailing on Princess, do they still offer the espresso or cappuccino complementary in the dining rooms or is just complementary coffee?

No, there is no complementary espresso or cappuccino in the DR. I don't remember if it ever was offered. The complementary coffee on the Regal (and Royal) is prepared from grounds. It is better than on other Princess ships. FYI there is also complementary hot chocolate in the buffet area.

Some of these questions have already be answered, but above is some additional information

As you can see there are several cold fusion tea options:

23833907011_14b4ef3cfa_z.jpg

23916400625_6471e901ab_z.jpg

Most of your questions have been answered & in addition to specialty coffee & tea drinks in the Royal & Regal buffet's bakery & the IC sometimes they're also available at the Princess Live Bar. I think that brewed coffee is only available at the IC but have found that the free buffet filtered coffee from machines using ground coffee meant fewer trips for us to the IC for brewed coffee.

The coffee card is now $31 plus 15% tip for a total price of $35.65 whether purchased in advance or on the ship.

Edited by Astro Flyer

it is only one punch for either a regular or large specialty coffee (go large, why not). I ordered a special coffee, and my DH ordered black coffee. Anytime I used my card for one punch, his brewd coffee was free. I did not get the card on this voyage, it was the older looking card too. I think it will vary ship to ship, but be polite and you might get your free brewed coffee with the punch of one specialty drink ;)

it is only one punch for either a regular or large specialty coffee (go large, why not). I ordered a special coffee, and my DH ordered black coffee. Anytime I used my card for one punch, his brewd coffee was free. I did not get the card on this voyage, it was the older looking card too. I think it will vary ship to ship, but be polite and you might get your free brewed coffee with the punch of one specialty drink ;)

This is the key--it really seems to vary from one ship to the next, one cruise to the next, and one barista to the next.

Same here. It was the Baristas choice whether they punched the card. After 1 week aboard they no longer asked for it and 1 time I had forgotton it but the crew said fogetttaboutit!:confused: Whoever is selling them on Ebay is asking way too much for something they can't use or probably will never.

As you can see there are several cold fusion tea options

Most of your questions have been answered & in addition to specialty coffee & tea drinks in the Royal & Regal buffet's bakery & the IC sometimes they're also available at the Princess Live Bar. I think that brewed coffee is only available at the IC but have found that the free buffet filtered coffee from machines using ground coffee meant fewer trips for us to the IC for brewed coffee.

The coffee card is now $31 plus 15% tip for a total price of $35.65 whether purchased in advance or on the ship.

Frank, the menus from Keith are several years old prior to the Coffee card increase from $29 to $31. On the Regal in 2014 the only drinks listed at the IC were espresso, macchiato, cappuccino, cafe latte, caramel latte, white chocolate latte, white and milk chocolate mocha and vanilla bean latte. I thought the choices were similar on the Pacific last December but I didn't take a photo then. Menus may vary from ship to ship but I wouldn't guarantee that all of the fusion drinks will be available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wondering about a frozen coffee...similar to an ICEE or SLURPIE but using coffee with cream?

Are these type beverages found on the ship?

Yes, you can order blended frozen drinks with the coffee card.

Yes, you can order iced tea (sometimes for free).

Yes, you can order hot chocolate (sometimes for free).

Same here. It was the Baristas choice whether they punched the card. After 1 week aboard they no longer asked for it and 1 time I had forgotton it but the crew said fogetttaboutit!:confused: Whoever is selling them on Ebay is asking way too much for something they can't use or probably will never.

I sometimes experienced it too. Especially if yo get to be familair with the baristas