Voom 30% discount

drumtech77

Have not sailed on RCI since the roll out of VOOM fleet wide.

Wondering of those who have purchased the package prior to boarding, if that discount is the same as you will receive onboard. Or is it really much greater of a discount beforehand.

There is no 30% discount onboard. The only discounts on board are based on C&A level, which may be better only at the Diamond and above level, and depending on length of cruise, how many devices, and what level of service.

There is no 30% discount onboard. The only discounts on board are based on C&A level, which may be better only at the Diamond and above level, and depending on length of cruise, how many devices, and what level of service.

Clarea,

Thank you for the quick response, extremely helpful info.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On a related question...if you book now the voom at 30% pre-sail, can you cancel or change the options if you change your mind prior to sailing? (Or if a better deal comes up?)

Yes, you can cancel up 3 or 4 days before the cruise.

And it is really only on a few ships still right? The rest are still on the old slower than molasses service...

As far as I know, the only ships with O3b internet are Quantum Class, Oasis Class, Freedom (the ship, not the class), and Majesty. Not sure about Empress.

I'm sailing on Independence in a couple of weeks and have purchased a VOOM package for that so I'm expecting fast internet (hopefully that's not wishful thinking!)

All ships have VOOM, but that doesn't mean it will be fast. It's just a marketing term for internet on the ship.

I have just purchased voom plus streaming on upcoming cruise on Navigator. Would they have a streaming option if they can't offer faster internet? Hope I get faster internet!

The streaming option will be faster than the non-streaming option, but that still might not be very fast.

I have just purchased voom plus streaming on upcoming cruise on Navigator. Would they have a streaming option if they can't offer faster internet? Hope I get faster internet!

Most things are relative. Compared to SURF, your package will be faster and if working properly, you'll have about 4 MB down speed which would be enough for most streaming applications. What you won't have is quick performance on web sites and other interactive functions - the high latency (600+ms typical ping) is what the physics of such a sat connection allows.

On a related question...if you book now the voom at 30% pre-sail, can you cancel or change the options if you change your mind prior to sailing? (Or if a better deal comes up?)

You can even change your mind once onboard if you can get a better deal..it would then be an OBC....better to pre-book with the 30% and have the option ;)

All ships have surf & stream now, but the performance is not the same on all ships. Radiance has the slower internet.

But the factor of unlimited and it actually being faster than the old version...still makes it worthwhile JMHO ;):)

Thanks Bob. Is it so slow that you can't stream Netflix?

I cannot recall any streaming reports from Radiance. I suspect the streaming performance will not be optimal.

Hi Bob - Aren't you about to go on Explorer? Please let us know how internet is.

Thanks.

Yep, I'll let you know.:)