Tamarind Open for Lunch on a few Days?

jegoodman

It's a shame they have discontinued this - Tamarind lunch was a highlight of sailing on the Eurodam for me. Simple, unique, and delicious menu. Quiet atmosphere, great view and lovely service. It is an option I would have gladly paid for, but the fact that it was complimentary was a nice touch.

I hope they get enough feedback that people would like it brought back that they will rethink this decision :rolleyes:

I hope they get enough feedback that people would like it brought back that they will rethink this decision :rolleyes:

On my Nieuw Amsterdam cruise, the Tamarind staff was reassigned to the Lido at lunchtime. They provided the service levels that created a faster, smoother, better atmosphere down there. The tables were cleaned off rapidly, drinks were brought to the table, and things generally ran nicely.

If there was any feedback at all, I expect it was that the trade-off was worth it for so many more people.

On my Nieuw Amsterdam cruise, the Tamarind staff was reassigned to the Lido at lunchtime. They provided the service levels that created a faster, smoother, better atmosphere down there. The tables were cleaned off rapidly, drinks were brought to the table, and things generally ran nicely.

If there was any feedback at all, I expect it was that the trade-off was worth it for so many more people.

That is a fairly good trade-off :D Especially as HAL really do a great job in the Lido, one of the better shipboard buffets I've every experienced.

I'd still like a lunch option in Tamarind though - I'm greedy that way - LOL :o

Even if there is no Tamarind lunch offering, be sure to enjoy at least one Tamarind dinner. We've done the dinners on the Koningsdam, Eurodam, and Nieuw Amsterdam. It's our favorite speciality restaurant, and on the Christening Cruise on the Koningsdam we ate 3 dinners there.

We tried the Tamarind once for lunch several years ago. The menu was the same every day. It is a set menu -- no choices.

But sadly they were running out of items and we didn't get all the spring rolls, etc. as promised.

DH went away hungry.

I do feel sorry for those of you who liked it and now it is gone.