Hotel advice-1 night in Rome or Civitavecchia-and private transportation to Port?!

MoCoMom

Arriving in Rome (FCO) at midnight, October 22. Need to get to Port of Civitavecchia the next day (October 23), noon-ish, to board the Norwegian Star. Since we arrive so late in Rome, seems to make sense to stay in Rome and then travel to Civitavecchia the next day?

Hotel recommendations? Just need simple and clean. And I would also appreciate recommendations for private transportation to Civitavecchia. Is there a shuttle that can pick us up and take us straight to the Port?

Thanks in advance!

Arriving in Rome (FCO) at midnight, October 22. Need to get to Port of Civitavecchia the next day (October 23), noon-ish, to board the Norwegian Star. Since we arrive so late in Rome, seems to make sense to stay in Rome and then travel to Civitavecchia the next day?

Hotel recommendations? Just need simple and clean. And I would also appreciate recommendations for private transportation to Civitavecchia. Is there a shuttle that can pick us up and take us straight to the Port?

Thanks in advance!

We used Civitavecchia Cab Service for transportation to and from the airport and recommend them. Their pricing is quite good and if you are able to find people on your roll call to share the transfer, the pricing is quite reasonable. We booked a private car from the port to FCO for eight people (4 couples) and the total cost was 149 Euros. The price would have been the same for six people. They also offer a shared shuttle service.

There is a Best western and a Leonardo Da Vinci Rome Airport Hotel that are within a mile of FCO. Google Bob"s limo for transport, we have used them several times, they will pick you up in a shared van and drop you off at your ships baggage drop, I think it's about 85 euro + tip for 2. happy cruising

Arriving around midnight would mean little point in going into Rome. Better to stay at an airport hotel and get a good night's sleep, then transfer direct to port - try Romeinlimo for car service - better still, talk things up on your roll call to see if you could share a van - there is likely others with similar travel plans.

Thanks in advance!

We always stay at the Hilton, Rome Airport for one night. There is a Marriott in the area which may be less expensive, we have not stayed there. There is also a Hilton Inn.

We always you Romecabs.com

You can book on line, they will pick you up at the hotel and take you to the ship. We have used Romecabs both to and from the ships about 3 atimes always excellent service and ver professional.

If you are getting in that late, I wouldn't worry about calling/waiting for a hotel shuttle. Just walk to the Hilton FCO. I stay there when I'm leaving Rome - I am NOT a morning person and do not want to get up at "still dark o'clock" - I want to sleep as long as I can. The Hilton FCO gives me that chance.

Then, have a pre-arranged car/shuttle take you to the port in the morning.