Fast Passport Renewal Turnaround

Roz

I mailed my passport renewal on Sept. 13 and got the new passport back on Sept. 22. Didn't pay for any special or expedited handling or mail service. I was amazed at how fast it was processed. Just throwing this out there for anyone renewing their passport.

Just went into the online check-in for my December cruise on the Eurodam and updated my passport information.

Roz

I mailed my passport renewal on Sept. 13 and got the new passport back on Sept. 22. Didn't pay for any special or expedited handling or mail service. I was amazed at how fast it was processed. Just throwing this out there for anyone renewing their passport.

Just went into the online check-in for my December cruise on the Eurodam and updated my passport information.

Roz

We had a similar quick experience this spring ,,,, we were shocked :D

I just got mine back Friday and it took exactly a week, but I paid for expedited service. With my luck if I hadn't done so it would have taken 8-10 weeks and I would have missed the boat, literally as my next trip has me flying out to Barcelona on 10/27 :eek: To me the extra $$$ were a good insurance policy!

Happy to see so many getting theirs back via standard processing so fast!!!!

Atlanta, I would have done the same thing if I was on a tight schedule like you were. It's impossible to predict how much time the passport and passport renewal process will take.

Roz

Blizzardboy, you are absolutely correct on that one. If you need the passport in 2 wks., it will take a month or more. :eek:

Queen, I didn't even think about extra pages. The only time my previous passport was stamped was when I went on a European river cruise.

Roz

My passport renewal was really fast also. August 30th - Sept 12th. And it was essentially a new passport since my old one expired in 1999. I had to go to the post office to submit it. I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth the process was. The clerk at the post office definitely knew what he was doing.

I really like that you can enter everything online and print out the application. They even have an app that you can upload your photo and it will will resize and format it so you can print it yourself. I took a selfie with my iPhone, printed it and save a few bucks.

Roz

Good to know. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sure glad to hear how fast some people's passport renewals are being processed. We have one that will need to be renewed in Nov. when we get back from a trip and before we go on another one in late Jan. 2017. I have been looking at the the US State Dept. website disclosing renewal times.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/renew.html

This site shows Routine renewals at--4-6 weeks and expedited at--2-3 weeks.

It could be the standard commitment time for all processing centers, whose volume may vary at a given time. Ours took around 2 weeks. Maybe there was a low volume. I suggest you follow the websites time frame. You will be glad if it arrives earlier than expected.