Muster drill location

jmspls72

I'm sorry if this is already been covered but I did a search and didn't find anything. And my past experience of cruising three other times with Royal Caribbean I've known the bus to drill to be held around the 4 o'clock hour before sailing but that was 10 years ago for those who are experienced with Royal Caribbean do they still hold the duster drill around that time please let me know. The group I'm going with want to set up a welcome party I want to know what time to set it up.

Thank you Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm sorry if this is already been covered but I did a search and didn't find anything. And my past experience of cruising three other times with Royal Caribbean I've known the bus to drill to be held around the 4 o'clock hour before sailing but that was 10 years ago for those who are experienced with Royal Caribbean do they still hold the duster drill around that time please let me know. The group I'm going with want to set up a welcome party I want to know what time to set it up.

Thank you Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's held 30 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing.

like Retired Leo said, it's 30 minutes prior to departure. RCI has moved departure times to around 4 pm (in the old days it used to be around 5 pm) for a lot of ships (excluding sailing out of San Juan, that departs at 8:30 pm). So for cruises I've done recently, muster was at 3:30 pm with venues (bars) closing down at 3:15.

If you haven't cruised in a while, another change is that you do not bring life vests with you. In fact, they are now kept someplace near muster station. So if you are planning a get together, at least you don't have to first bring your vest back to the cabin. :)

most of us just plan such things to meet immediately AFTER the Muster drill ends.

just designate X location( we tend to pick a bar that will be open but not necessarily in the middle of the action like a pool bar) to meet with an alternative location for crappy weather conditions.

It's about time. Celebrity has been holding its muster inside for years. Your muster station is posted on inside of cabin door. Our last 2 cruises muster was in Michael's Club. On both of our RCCL Jewel cruises our muster was in Schooners.

Why make passengers stand outside on deck like cattle when there is plenty of room inside ship to sit down, shut up and listen in A/C comfort?

If you haven't cruised in a while, another change is that you do not bring life vests with you. In fact, they are now kept someplace near muster station. So if you are planning a get together, at least you don't have to first bring your vest back to the cabin. :)

They're still in the rooms for most ships but are at the muster station on some of the new ones.

I also believe that the majority of the muster stations are still outside. Wish that wasn't the case.

Edited by sellwingri